IGNORED

Bought some Ping Eye 2 Copper Irons

Note: This thread is 2036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always loved the look of these clubs and just pulled the trigger and bought a set of 2-9 with a Wedge. I know it might be weird to buy a set of irons that are 23 years old but.... they have the original microtaper steel shafts and are all numbers matching I called Ping and the set has not been changed since new. They are plus 1/2 inch long with black dot these are exactly the setting's I need. They have new golf pride tour velvet grips I wish they where original but. I will be gaming these. They will see 36 holes a week during the season and am extremely excited about m purchase. Just wanted to scream from the rooftop!!!!!!!!!!!

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

Saw an eBay auction for Ping Eye 2 Copper Irons 4-PW - person wants ~$1,100. They come with KELMAC RUFF WRAP GRIPS.

That is a lot of scratch for new sticks, but getting new gear is always fun. Enjoy them...

Ohh I've always thought of buying a set of these. They look awesome, would so like try these one day. Perhaps I'll buy a single iron just to experience the feel.

~It's the Indian not the Arrow ~

In my bag:
Driver: X460
3 Wood: WarbirdIrons: X18 Pros (3-PW)56 degree wedge: Oil can60 degree wedge: FeO2Putter: Desert Club: ISI 8 Iron~Still looking for a Straw hat~

I wish ping re-released the Eye 2's, the copper ones are the best looking CB's ever made.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

You should take some pictures.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A friend of mine bought some last month. We could hardly make it from the club house to the first tee with all of the people stopping us and asking about them.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will post pics soon. The Wilson's for some reason i always hit fat. I have never had a problem with any other set of irons. I will be posting these for sale soon. They where new this season.

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

Ohh I've always thought of buying a set of these. They look awesome, would so like try these one day. Perhaps I'll buy a single iron just to experience the feel.

I bought a ratty set of MacGregor Colokroms. They were in good shape except for the completely weathered finish - most of the chrome was gone. What's underneath? Copper baby, sweet sweet copper. Just kidding, they are copper and they feel pretty good (after I got the grips replaced - Golf Town was having a spring grip sale) but no better or worse than other forged MacGregors from the same era.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Nice purchase! I played those clubs for a couple years and absolutely loved them. I've actually still got them too! FULL set of Beryllium Copper white dot Ping Eye 2's (1 iron - L wedge). I've been thinking about selling them, but had no idea what my asking price should be.

Enjoy your rounds!

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

I thought Ping Eye 2 was followed by Ping Eye 2+, because some rules difficulties with the grooves, it might well be so that even for amateurs this old Eye 2 may not been used anymore !

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

• 1 month later...
I bought a ratty set of MacGregor Colokroms. They were in good shape except for the completely weathered finish - most of the chrome was gone. What's underneath? Copper baby, sweet sweet copper. Just kidding, they are copper and they feel pretty good (after I got the grips replaced - Golf Town was having a spring grip sale) but no better or worse than other forged MacGregors from the same era.

Thats because nearly all premium forged irons have a layer of copper underneath the chrome. They aren't really copper, just copper plated

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

I played BeCu Ping Eye2 irons in the late 1980's and always thought they felt dead compared to the steel ones. I eventually sold the set to my brother in law (not sure why he needed those, since you can shoot 128, take giant divots and talk during your playing partner's backswing with much cheaper clubs), but I kept the S and L and still use them from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...
Great, classic irons that hold their value like no other. I'm going to be gaming 3-9 Eye 2 BeCus, black dot, this weekend just to dabble a little bit. My dad has 2-SW, and SW in Eye 2 + and they are his clubs. I like to mix it up every now and then. If I like them, I may bag them for a little bit.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

You can still order a set of Eye 2s from PING.

Not the beryllium copper ones. Due to environmental issues associated with the production process, my understanding is that PING will not even recast an iron for you that is damaged.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

I picked up a nearly-new set of Blue Dot Eye 2 Be Cu's a couple of months ago. 1 through Lob. Wow! I am really happy with the distance and feel.

Note: This thread is 2036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!