IGNORED

Tips to put off your opponent?

Note: This thread is 5085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As some of you know the old "do you breathe in or out on the backswing" can work pretty well against your playing opponent.

Any other sayings that'll help give you a better chance?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

As some of you know the old "do you breathe in or out on the backswing" can work pretty well against your playing opponent.

"play the course" perhaps. lol.

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

Don't do anything underhanded like that. But if there quiet alot, just keep trying to spark up a conversation while you walk between shots. If they putt the ball when you know there farther away, wait for it to go in and say, you putted out of turn and have them put there ball back were it was ;b. Right before he goes to pick a club, did you feel that wind, man that water comes into the play on the right.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Any other sayings that'll help give you a better chance?

Unless it's with a buddy who can dish it out as well as he takes it, the answer is "none that won't make you an •••••••, no."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Surely you don't use tactics like that against opponents?

By looking at his handicap, I'd say thats a pretty good idea.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I play with a guy off 8 a lot.

We do flat matchplay. So far this year it's 6-0 to him...... I want to get one back on him....

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I think he's just fishing for some creative gamesmanship ploys - I doub't he's gonna use them.

EDIT: or I could be wrong. Here's my top 3: - wear saddle shoes (think Steve Elkington or Seve) and stand in the player's peripheral vision (just over your opponents right shoulder) and wiggle your toes as they take the club back. Pure gold! - Constant fiddling with your glove - aah velcro - and metal spikes are banned? - Wait until your opponent has a straight 6 footer for par. Stand with the flag stick in pole vaulter ready position, just close enough that the guy putting can see you. Wait until his forward stroke then head for the hole - pretending to be so sure the putts going in, that you're gonna slam the stick into the hole, like a caveman finishing off a wooly mammoth. They sure worked when people did them to me.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Ask them how tight they hold the club - scale of 1-10.

Or get his father to show up.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Just keep telling him how good of a golfer he is.....hes bound to fall apart haha. At least that works against me.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

One time I was playing with my best friend and we both dish it to each other all the time. On the 18th hole he had 2 putts to beat me from 35ft. On his first putt I told him that it was a long ways....he put it 15ft past the hole. On the second putt he lipped it out to the right with maybe 1-2 ft left. So I picked up the flag stick since we were going to tie. Then with a big swoosh I swung the stick around and the flag made this flapping noise like a bird was hovering over his head. It scared him and he missed the putt and was REALLY pissed lololol. I couldn't help but roll around laughing. I gave him the putt for a tie, but man that could have been a serious miss....if he wasnt my best friend. This is one of those stories we will talk about for years to come.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

How many strokes has he beat you by? Are both your scores fairly consistent? Someone playing to an 8 against someone at a 13 will be imbalanced without the handicap factored in. If you were just losing by one or two strokes then something as simple as playing with colored balls might work.

Where do you gain your 13 stroke per round? Do you have a consistent issue such as having a problem with left hand doglegs or not being able to reach the green in reg on par 5's?

Maybe before your next match just ask if he can stop at a driving range with you and give you a few pointers.

Does he read the site here? Maybe he'll chime in with a few suggestions. ;)

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Keep track of their score, if they're playing exceptionally well, let them know! LOL!

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

In golf, there is no defense.
So, win by playing your round of golf, and hope that's good enough.

But, I find letting out a big sigh on the putting surface can rattle a little bit. Just enough to make them conscious of EVERYTHING. ;)

I've had guys I play against completely mishit putts and leave them well short. It wasn't OBVIOUS they'd mishit the putt and they'd then look at me and say "MAN that's slow!"

Guess what happens next. I play it a little stronger to make up for it... and blow it by 10 feet.

I'm gullible like that, though.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

"I really enjoy the way your glutes flex on the follow through, man. What are you doing after the round?"

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Almost everyone in my golf league loves to drink and/or smoke (not cigars), so it's just a matter of getting them to over-indulge . Unfortunately, this works equally well on me. If I par the first couple holes, you can be sure my opponent will pull out a flask or offer to buy me a cold one from the cart girl.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Note: This thread is 5085 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!