IGNORED

Rickie fowler has a stupid hat

Sandy Sammy
Note: This thread is 4512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He's got "PRO V1" on the side and "Rickiefowler.com" on the back, but I agree that hats with 3-4 logos look stupid.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got "PRO V1" on the side and "Rickiefowler.com" on the back, but I agree that hats with 3-4 logos look stupid.

And the leaping Puma but he is sponsored by Puma, most players have the sponsor, ball played and another like their name etc.

I do agree though that hats with tons of badges are OTT.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

for the Older weekend golfer yes the hat is a bit to much, but for Fowler and all the youngsters out there, I actually think the hat is sweet......but imho it's a 20's something hat...not for the elderly...LOL (like myself)

I'd wear a freaking hula skirt if they paid me that kind of money...... who cares, other than the fashion n***'s

That's an interesting and possibly ironic choice of words. Did you read the last "Trap Five" from the homepage?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

He looks like a cross between the Jonas brothers and Carol Brady.

Great Clips can fix that for $13 + tip.
ogio.gif  Grom Stand Bag: Stealth
ping.gif     G15  10 .5, G10 3W,  5W, S-57 3-W, Tour-W 50, 5 6, 60 : Redwood Anser Black Satin 34.5"
titleist.gif     Ball: ProV1

for the Older weekend golfer yes the hat is a bit to much, but for Fowler and all the youngsters out there, I actually think the hat is sweet......but imho it's a 20's something hat...not for the elderly...LOL (like myself)

don't group me into that bunch now. i'm just 25 and i don't wear those flat billed hats. looks ridiculous to me. I like my hats to be simple caps.

however, with Rickie Fowler's swing, I'll wear a traffic on my head as a hat if I have to. The guy's swing is amazingly fast. Was never a fan until I watched him yesterday.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Look at that freak second from the left - nice outfit there, long pants!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

All playing with a shirt and tie, I'm glad that era is over. Golf has become a sport more and more the last decades.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All playing with a shirt and tie, I'm glad that era is over. Golf has become a sport more and more the last decades.

We should give a nod to Jean René Lacoste for that!!

Meh, any hat would awkward with that mop spilling out of it. Methinks he should switch to visors, but then he'd have to worry about a Tommy Armour III "visor curtain" scenario.

Tommy Armour's sideburns are the most dominant things in all of sports.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Looks to me like he could have doubled for Carol Brady:

Congratulations for just making my day sir.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

And once you see Johan Edfors' swing, that line becomes doubly apt. His lurch forward may be worse than Ricky Barnes'.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I thought the hair / hat was to cover his large ears.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

Is that his get up on day 4 now? That orange suit outfit? Its original but terrible. Poulter and Villegas dress out there but have class to it.

As much as I'm not into the "entire outfit the same bright ass color" look Fowler has going on, it's better than Poulter's by a mile. People say he's trendy or whatever, but everything this guy wears is awful. Villegas probably has the best look out of the lot.

and his monotone outfits make me want to puke. Take a lesson from guys like Tiger and dress with some style and class

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

Note: This thread is 4512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!