IGNORED

Center shafted putters, anybody use one?

Note: This thread is 4460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am thinking about giving a center shafted mallet a try. I never gamed a mallet or a center shaft, so it would be a big change for me. What are your experiences with them? What is out there? Pro/cons to center shaft as opposed to heel?

I diont have one at the moment, but really do want to get one myself. I like the fact that the shaft is directly behind the ball (for the most part) and because my putting stroke is straight back and staight through, I think it would accomadate best. I have been seriously looking at the Rife Barbados CS Black but havent had a chance to demo one yet. I hear the roll is exceptional with the Rife putters.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I'm looking into getting an Odyssey White Hot Tour #2 center shafted but i've never had one either. Good question.

In my bag:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5 Degree
TaylorMade R11 3 Wood 15.5 Degree
Adams A12 19 Degree
Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons 4-PW

Taylormade rac Gap 52 Degree, Cleveland CG15 56 Degree, Cleveland CG14 60 Deg

Odyssey 2-Ball

i like mine, reverse overlap grip makes it easy to putt onto your line
just make sure you're putting to your line and not pulling it cause it will magnify the pull a little bit.
but its great for just going to your line and putting on it
I had troubles lining up with an offset putter for awihle then i foundn a cheap yes putter and made the switch

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I purchased a Rife Barbados Black center shafted putter: http://rifeputters.com/products/isla...ados-black-cs/

I only used it for one round and I liked the way it felt, but I liked the way my Cameron felt better. Planning on putting the Rife one on eBay at some point. PM me if you're interested in buying.

I am thinking about giving a center shafted mallet a try. I never gamed a mallet or a center shaft, so it would be a big change for me. What are your experiences with them? What is out there? Pro/cons to center shaft as opposed to heel?

I use a ctn shafted putter, TM Rossa Lambaugh, and what I like about it is what I don't like about it. Center shafted putters have a smaller sweet spot. What I like is it makes me focus more on my tempo & stroke. What I don't like is when I'm not focused and miss the sweet spot, which doesn't take much. IMO center shafted putters aren't as user friendly and silly me, I don't look for easy.

I went and tried out a few models last night. I hit the Barbados CS, Two bar mallet cs, white ice 2ball cs, tm rossa monza corsa cs, and the TM rossa ghost. My preference after hitting them would be the Barbados, the two bar, monza corsa, ghost, and 2ball. I didn't like the feel of the 2 ball. The ghost felt nice on short putts but I didn't like it on the lags. I liked the feel of the barbados and monza corsa better than the two bar, but liked the roll of the two bar over the monza.

I have a Ping C67 that works pretty good but I mostly use a Ping Anser G2. The Ping C67 center shaft putter can be bought for a lot less than they were a few years ago. Under a $100.00 bucks anyway.

In My Cart Bag R 5 XL Driver Rescue Mid #3-19* 3,7 F50 Fairway Woods CG 4 , 4-PW irons all Reg Flex. MP-T 56* 60* wedges Anser G2 Putter. AD333. DT SoLo Balls ..

I have one, but it's the only putter I've ever really played with, so I have nothing to compare too.

I just know I will be gaming with my putter for a very long time...

I used to have a Ping G5i Mini C, but didn't care for the center shaft design. I've switched to a Ping i Series Anser 4 and love it. I like the traditional blade putter. The mallets and center shafted putters just don't seem to work for me...

My Titleist SC85 Bag holds:

Callaway Hyper X Driver - 10 Degree
Cobra Bafflers 1, 3 & 4
Cobra 3100 I/H Irons 5-GWTitleist Vokey Wedges 54 & 58PiNG i-Series Anser 4 PutterCallaway Big Bertha & Warbird Balls

• 9 months later...

Originally Posted by BlueRidgeTitleist

I have a Ping C67 that works pretty good but I mostly use a Ping Anser G2. The Ping C67 center shaft putter can be bought for a lot less than they were a few years ago. Under a $100.00 bucks anyway.

hi....i'm from India and in need of a ping putter.Anyways could you let me know if your c67putter ia a blade one or a belly type?thankyou

Originally Posted by shades9323

I use a vintage Acushnet Bullseye onec in a blue moon. I can get around okay with it, but don't really feel comfortable with it. Feels like playing hockey with 1/2 the blade chopped off.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I played the Ping C67 for a little bit. It really didn't work well for me because I couldn't dial in where my misses would be. I agree with the poster above who said the sweet spot is smaller, even if it isn't, it feels that way to me. I have a shallow arc to my putting stroke, and center shafted putters are much more difficult to hit correctly without a fairly straight back and through style stroke. I still practice with that putter sometimes for the hell of it on the carpet in the house, but it still drives me nuts.

I switched to a Yes! Carolyne not that long ago.  It took a little bit of getting used to, but within an hour of practicing with it, I felt much more accurate.  My short puts (under 4ft) didn't feel much different but on longer and lag puts I felt like I was much more accurate in both aim and distance.

Brad

I use a Rife Trinidad...bought it late last fall and only used it for one round and a bunch of practice over the winter. It is a more difficult putter to use. But for me I get much better feedback. Looking forward to gaming it all summer and see how my results improve as I get more comfortable with it.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

I also have a straight back, straight through stroke and have been using a center shafted putter for the last four years. I think they are better balanced for that type of stroke. I had been playing the SC Red-X 2 but wanted to try a blade, so I went to the SC Newport 2.6 about six months ago and love it.

sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Note: This thread is 4460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!