IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bigwave916

I play by myself a lot too. I don't think a single should be pushing a foursome. According to the USGA section on etiquette "a single has no standing on the course" I try to lay back and get some practice in with putting and chipping. I'm wondering if anybody's pet peeve might be singles running up behind them ticked off and wanting to play through.

I thought the bolded portion was considered antiquated or had been updated?  I thought I read this in another thread.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by zipazoid

...and paid for his RC.

Why should he pay for the RC? The guy had no business on a golf green, purposely trying to **** with peoples game of golf, while recording it thinking he was being a real smart ass. He got what he deserved, and I find it doubtful any small claims court would make him pay for the rc car.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Why should he pay for the RC? The guy had no business on a golf green, purposely trying to **** with peoples game of golf, while recording it thinking he was being a real smart ass. He got what he deserved, and I find it doubtful any small claims court would make him pay for the rc car.

I agree completely. I would have been a lot less nice than this guy was.

It's all fun and games until some kids RC gets smashed....

Originally Posted by anthony

I agree completely. I would have been a lot less nice than this guy was.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pay for the RC??? Get outttta here. The kid was being a little punk trying to get you tube hits and he succeeded. Just not the way he wanted. I would've gotten that old guy a beer after his round. Hopefully he didnt scratch whatever club he swung.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Pay for the RC??? Get outttta here. The kid was being a little punk trying to get you tube hits and he succeeded. Just not the way he wanted. I would've gotten that old guy a beer after his round. Hopefully he didnt scratch whatever club he swung.

Ya I wouldn't have risked my club, I would have kicked it but that putter looked to do WAY MORE DAMAGE than my foot probably would have done.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Another one for me, when you have a putt thats either a downhill putt or a tough curling putt that you just leave an inch or two short and someone says 'ooo that was a tentative stroke'. When really its usually just me trying to get the ball to the hole as a dead weight or ive hit it exactly as i wanted just slightly misjudged the speed

909 D2 10.5* Aldila NVS Reg 65g

Baffler T-Rail 16*

R7 19*

Fli-Hi 21*

FP 5-PW

52* 56* 60* Vokey Spin Milled

Flat Stick

Some really good peeves here. Here is mine.

Dipping, and or Chewin... then spitting that brown crap all over the course. fairways are one thing, but on the freaking putting surface???? c'mon Jed Clampett. please don't. Even the freaking geese have class enough to not do their business till they reach the second cut of rough.

This was already mentioned, but I'm sayin' it again after yesterday: PLEASE FILL YOUR DIVOTS - EVEN IN THE FAIRWAY - WITH MIX IF IT'S ON THE CART!!!!!!!! I was one under on the back after my tee shot on 18. I haven't shot a 9 hole score under par in a very long time, so...... .....I get to my tee shot and I'm in a crater that could probably be seen from friggin' outer space. A regular human would have left a divot. This person must've used some kind of gardening tool to hit his shot. The top of the ball was well below the surface of the ground and against the front of the 'divot'. All of our carts have TWO sand pourer things! Had to take an unplayable and made bogey. Man, whaddya have to do to dig a hole that big?! To the guy that was too lazy to pour sand, thanks, a$$hole. I hope the next time you buy a brand new driver that you put a fat sky mark on it with your first swing. But I'm not bitter or anything.....:~(

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

This was already mentioned, but I'm sayin' it again after yesterday: PLEASE FILL YOUR DIVOTS - EVEN IN THE FAIRWAY - WITH MIX IF IT'S ON THE CART!!!!!!!! I was one under on the back after my tee shot on 18. I haven't shot a 9 hole score under par in a very long time, so...... .....I get to my tee shot and I'm in a crater that could probably be seen from friggin' outer space. A regular human would have left a divot. This person must've used some kind of gardening tool to hit his shot. The top of the ball was well below the surface of the ground and against the front of the 'divot'. All of our carts have TWO sand pourer things! Had to take an unplayable and made bogey. Man, whaddya have to do to dig a hole that big?! To the guy that was too lazy to pour sand, thanks, a$$hole. I hope the next time you buy a brand new driver that you put a fat sky mark on it with your first swing. But I'm not bitter or anything.....:~(

I could leave that divot with a wedge. I'm a digger. I would have filled it though

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

For me, it's when the course is backed up and there are delays at the Tee Boxes.  Why does the group behind you always seem to drive right up on you in the Tee Box area while your either getting ready to Tee Off or in the middle of doing so...I mean when things like this occur (back ups) we always wait well behind the Tee Box area... out of respect imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
None

My peeve is more the oposite of this. I'd rather deal with a slower player in front of me than one that is trying to push me/us along. If one hits his ball too close to me, it gets lofted into the woods or water or picked up and put away, but he doesn't get to play that ball again.

That being said, I ran into this guy last weekend that hit the ball into our fairway where my wife was fixing to tee off. He didn't wait for her before he came right over in front of her (about 60 yds down) and hit his ball again. It went about 10 yards and even further into our way. He lined up on it and hit it another 10 - 15 yds. He finally saw that he was being an idiot, picked up his ball and threw it into his fairway. The wife was then able to hit her shot. Those are exceptions.

Thanks for that post.  We had a group of 2 playing a few holes behind our foursome and when we were at the turn they were on the green at 9 so we waited for them to putt and told them to play through.  We were playing at a pace for a 4 hour round.  The two behind us said they don't mind and to take our time.  So we teed off and all 4 of us were in the fairway (between 200 and 250 yards) and one of them drove into us as we were waiting for the shortest of the group to hit his second shot.  No warning, no fore, no courtesy to apologize.  I fully recognize I have a short fuse but that set me off.  I teed his ball up in the fairway and blasted it 90 degrees to the right.  Was it wrong?  yes.  Should I have done it?  No.  But don't tell me that you're ok with our pace and then hit into us.  Crucify me.  I know it was a d*ick thing to do.

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Uh, cuz he purposely destroyed it?

I am pretty sure any court would make him pay for the RC...as soon as the video was seen.

And as far as for 'getting what he deserved' - let the courts decide that. It's not our call.

Here's how I would have handled it. If my son came home with his destroyed RC & I saw the video of the guy doing it, I would ask the guy for the money to replace the RC...and then I wouldn't let my son have another one.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Uh, cuz he purposely destroyed it?

I am pretty sure any court would make him pay for the RC...as soon as the video was seen.

And as far as for 'getting what he deserved' - let the courts decide that. It's not our call.

Here's how I would have handled it. If my son came home with his destroyed RC & I saw the video of the guy doing it, I would ask the guy for the money to replace the RC...and then I wouldn't let my son have another one.

There is no reason for an rc to be on private property, a golf course is not a gravel piut. He had no right to be there, and has absolutely no recourse. You can believe anything you want, but you could nott make him pay for that, video or not.

He could even be accused of harrassing the guys on the green, video does not show how long this kids antics went on.  Laws are whacky. Though I would nbever support one that made that guy pay for that rc car. If you showed up at my door looking for cash, you'd be laughed at and have the door slammed in your face.

Not trying to be offensive. Just trying to get you to understand that the rc owner has zero recourse.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

The whole video.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

I'm guessin' these kids aren't a part of any "First Tee" program........

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!