IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Watching this Open really makes me want to play in wind or a rain storm.

no you don't. that's pretty much all you can play in in texas during the spring. 15-20 mph winds always with a chance of rain.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering who out there is going to scrap together a 69 or 70 in this weather and be in good position for tomorrow.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Pretty harsh rule alright.I also find it a little unfair that a guy like Oosthuizen has a big lead basically only because he was lucky with his tee times.But that's Golf I suppose.

yeah, it is. the lucky time slot i mean. but hey, we can't equalize the weather.

I played once in wind and rain and around 11 degrees celsius.

Fun but not everyday fun......I'll pass. When I was in middle school I played on a day it started to snow during tryouts. It was a pain in the ass but fun in a way but still no thanks.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you are playing well, decent ballstriker, able to shape the ball both ways, I can see how playing in the wind is amusing. For those who hook, slice and hit the ball sky high however, poor shots just get multiplied. Distance is the least of my worries in the wind, I'm happy if I keep the ball in play.

I agree that it is not exactly fair with the big weather differences from morning to afternoon, that is the only problem I see with it. If everyone played in the same strong wind, at least it was fair competition. But that's golf.

Hurts to see Rory with only blue and black on his card.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I have to say, I love ProTracer live from the 17th. I wish they could do that on all holes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm sorry, but this golf course is a joke.

Incorrect.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Incorrect.

Care to explain?

The golf course ranges from being pretty tough when the wind blows strongly (oh wow, like every other course in the damn world) to an absolute joke when the weather doesn't cooperate. That doesn't sound like the mark of a great golf course to me.

The pros have a tendency to turn every course into a joke in a dead calm.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Yeah about time a course made a joke of them

And as I said anyone complaining go back to your john deere joke fest lol

Not the ones that are set up for major championships. The scores at the US Open are well documented, but even at the PGA, the last five winning sores are -8,-3,-8,-18,-4. So basically one low score and a bunch of scores that indicate a hard golf course. At Augusta, which is what you'd probably call the second easiest major in terms of scoring, you've got -16,-12,-8,+1,-7. You've got some scores there that show you that Augusta has some teeth...when the weather is bad, you get scores like the one from a few years ago. I'm guessing you will probably see some changes to the course to toughen it up a bit after this year's tournament.

Lucas Glover always seems to pop up in the weirdest places. Every time I see hit hit he is way off the beaten path.

And of course Phil is trying out different drivers after a bad day.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Anyone see the guy taking a leak in the gorse bush earlier this morning......... was funny as hell. They didnt get the camera off him fast enough. I thought I was seeing things until the announcer said "we will not try to comment on this" or some thing like that.

Anyone see the guy taking a leak in the gorse bush earlier this morning......... was funny as hell. They didnt get the camera off him fast enough. I thought I was seeing things until the announcer said "we will not try to comment on this" or some thing like that.

Yeah it was towards the end of the delay when Sean McDonough was running back to the 7th tower after talking to the rules official.

In my bag:

At least we don't stop for a bit of rain.

True. But if you did, you'd hardly ever get 18 holes in, especially where you live ...

[only kidding. But I lived a few miles S of Bristol for many years and know what the weather can be like ....] I agree that some golfers are complete woozes, particular here in sunny Southern Cal. This is great, because when dark clouds "threaten", the likes of me have the course to ourselves.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!