IGNORED

I wore long pants today in 95 degree heat

Comeback
Note: This thread is 5176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement. There are a lot more golfers wearing shorts in the summer than there are wearing slacks. And I don't wear "dress" shirts, I wear golf polos on the course, which look just fine with either shorts or slacks. And I don't wear "classics" I wear either Footjoy Contours or Footjoy golf sandals, both of which work fine with shorts. Dude, you need to get out and see the world.

I have seen the world.....and it is tacky! Why do you think they don't let pros wear em? Cus they are evil? Nope they look ridiculous. I even like the new kikkor shoes, just not with shorts. In my opinion unless you are swimming or are a woman, don't break out the shorts. No one wants to look at your hairy nasty legs. No one

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement. There are a lot more golfers wearing shorts in the summer than there are wearing slacks. And I don't wear "dress" shirts, I wear golf polos on the course, which look just fine with either shorts or slacks. And I don't wear "classics" I wear either Footjoy Contours or Footjoy golf sandals, both of which work fine with shorts. Dude, you need to get out and see the world.

Polos are considered dress shirts in my opinion as you won't find anyone wearin em to work in (manual labor). Also a recent pole of women found that sandals was one of the worst fasion mistakes a man can make..so no they don't look fine with or without shorts. Leave the sandals in the sand box kiddies.

I think if your gonna wear shorts then go ahead and wear a t shirt too. Name one other place you will see someone in a dress shirt and shorts lol AND with what basically amounts to dress shoes if you wear classics etc. You look like an english schoolboy

Seriously?

Since I have chicken legs that I prefer not to "show off", I actually prefer to wear a nice pair of pants. However, if it's 85* or hotter, I, along w/ 98% of the golfers on the semi-private course that I frequent, will be in shorts w/ a collered golf shirt. And, mind you, we look just fine.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Polos are considered dress shirts in my opinion as you won't find anyone wearin em to work in (manual labor). Also a recent pole of women found that sandals was one of the worst fasion mistakes a man can make..so no they don't look fine with or without shorts. Leave the sandals in the sand box kiddies.

You sir are a stuffed shirt.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

NOPE you would think that but there is a reason why the Bedouin and other people in hot climates always wear long loose clothing that covers their whole body. I just played another 95 degree round with pants and i am a total convert now.

Whats the humidity like where you are?

You sir are a stuffed shirt.

I am surprised that no one knew that the look is horrible to be honest. But it is just in the mode of fashion, if it is hot then by all means go for it. But to say golf should be played in shorts is ridiculous because the same people who will show up in shorts will gripe about how they hate the new skater type shoes or how you should dress traditionally and blah blah all while wearing shorts. Seriously thy will bitch about people not respecting the classiness of golf

while they are wearing shorts, its ludicrous. It just goes to show what sheep people are and will do what everyone else is doing rather than actually thinking about what is going on. There are no such thing as dress shorts fellas sorry but there isn't. If you are gonna require a dress code then no shorts should be rule number one imo. But that is just my opinion.

I am surprised that no one knew that the look is horrible to be honest. But it is just in the mode of fashion, if it is hot then by all means go for it. But to say golf should be played in shorts is ridiculous because the same people who will show up in shorts will gripe about how they hate the new skater type shoes or how you should dress traditionally and blah blah all while wearing shorts. Seriously thy will bitch about people not respecting the classiness of golf

bud, you may want to see a proctologist so he may remove whatever got stuck up your ***.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Why all the animosity? I can think shorts look stupid just like you can say they don't. Sorry but shorts are for kids and girls. I guess i just don't like seeing men's hairy legs.

Only time I wear pants is when it's too cold for shorts. Certainly not the case right now.

Amen, it is just way to hot in Ms. right now

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

Yeah he looks so ridiculous doesn't he weezy??
What kind of person would wear a polo and shorts?? Only the number 1 golfer in the world. How tacky of him.

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

Why all the animosity? I can think shorts look stupid just like you can say they don't. Sorry but shorts are for kids and girls. I guess i just don't like seeing men's hairy legs.

I would have to ask what you are doing looking at a mans legs in the first place? Unless you are a woman of course. Then again, most women probably don't like men who shave their legs.

Polos are considered dress shirts in my opinion as you won't find anyone wearin em to work in (manual labor). Also a recent pole of women found that sandals was one of the worst fasion mistakes a man can make..

1. Polos are not dress shirts. Dress shirts are button downs that you can wear a tie with.

2. If you are giong to quote the recent pole, at least do it correctly. Sandals WITH socks was one of the worst fasion mistakes according to women, not just sandals.

And I stayed cooler than when i wear shorts!!! So today i woke up and it was already 85 degrees out, so i was getting dressed and i noticed all of my golf shorts were dirty. I decided to wear my white Addidas clima-cool pants and WOW they were very nice out there in the heat. I am going to be wearing these more often.

I'd love to be able to do that, but down here in Florida with the 100% humidity, I think I'll stick with shorts for now until I get on the PGA Tour thank you very much. If I wore pants I'd have the worst case of swamp ass you've ever seen.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I'd love to be able to do that, but down here in Florida with the 100% humidity, I think I'll stick with shorts for now until I get on the PGA Tour thank you very much.

Which is another good point and another reason why I just find it hard to believe how ANY kind of pant is cooler than shorts. The humidity can get brutal here in southern Minnesota too. The other day the humidity was at 86% w/ a heat index of 110*. I know it gets hotter in other parts of the country, but w/ humidity like that, no pant in the world will keep you cooler over shorts. I don't get the, "it keeps my legs in the shade" reply.

That's kind of like saying wearing a blanket will make you cooler.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

1. Polos are not dress shirts. Dress shirts are button downs that you can wear a tie with.

There are places for women, poles, and shorts, and what was the topic again?

Are we talking about polls? Golf sandals might look cheezy, but we don't play in the heat and humidity some of you guys do. I prefer playing in pants, but that's because the mosquitos in Alberta are really bad right now. You have to apply pure DEET with a spatula or they'll drag you away. With shorts you have to reapply every couple holes.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I think golfers and men in general look much more dignified and profesional in long pants. Not to say you shouldn't do what you want but if I am playing a special course I will always go with long pants.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Note: This thread is 5176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!