IGNORED

Dear angry man at the range

golfro
Note: This thread is 3429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know a guy who has all Taylormade clubs, and bag, and clothes, and shoes. But that's cause he's a golf pro and gets them free because he is sponsored by them and could whip all the people who would care to judge his game based on his attire and club selection. Sometimes it takes a few swings to tell how good someone is and not just a look at their gear.

Man I really had to re-read this lol

lmao me too

so true... I can usually tell within a few strokes what your handicap is by looking in your bag... and I'll play anyone with iron covers for $$$

O and don't rag on the iron covers...I use them for transport...but transport only : )

Too funny. But so true. If you have iron covers I will play you straight up for paychecks or whatever you want.

Man I would hate to walk up on a guy who is OCD about keeping his clubs clean tho lol. Ill bet on the back nine depending on his front. I wouldnt put money on most of my judgment calls on the course lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Posers are everywhere. I went from garage sale clubs, to pawn shop clubs, to a $250 FULL set of Wilsons(which everyone knows that the full sets are garbage, but that's all a struggling college student can afford right now)

I play in this league at my local par 3 course and always get an enormous amount of satisfaction after beating the guy with the expensive clothes and equipment. I just play in khaki shorts, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes and drink plenty of beer to stay on my A-Game:)

I like to guess the hacks and scratches based on clubs....it gets more difficult when you judge based on clothing/style. I played with a guy that was smoking a blunt on half the holes and he shot 1 over....crazy.

I never judge a player by their appearance or clubs. My younger bro is a good example. He would play in flip flops with saggy jeans and baseball cap turned backwards smoking a fatty and shoot 1-2 over with his old 845's. He has long given up the pot and dresses more appropriately now, but he took alot of people's money by showing up to the first tee looking like a punk kid. After the first swing they usually knew they had made a mistake.

I never judge a player by their appearance or clubs. My younger bro is a good example. He would play in flip flops with saggy jeans and baseball cap turned backwards smoking a fatty and shoot 1-2 over with his old 845's. He has long given up the pot and dresses more appropriately now, but he took alot of people's money by showing up to the first tee looking like a punk kid. After the first swing they usually knew they had made a mistake.

Your brother sounds like the complete opposite of a poser....a hustler.

Joe Paradiso

Your brother sounds like the complete opposite of a poser....a hustler.

Yeah, I never said my bro was a poser. I was just agreeing with kpaulhus that judging a person by their clothing/clubs or lack thereof isn't a great idea without taking a look at the swing. Especially if you care to wager on the outcome of the round.

Obviously, the douche in the OP was a poser.

This is great lol. IDK if I could bet against someone in flip flops tho lol. They might be so laid back there game is just naturally good.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Maybe this guy's dog just died. Who knows.

Are you suggesting he spent the life insurance money on golf gear? I guess that makes sense.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

you can usually spot a hustler... for one thing, I've never met a hustler using a stand bag, it's always some old bag they just throw on the ground...

... of course these are all just generalizations, but for the most part, i would bet the majority of them hold true

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Are you suggesting he spent the life insurance money on golf gear? I guess that makes sense.

speaking of spitting coke on the keyboard........!!! hahahah!!!!!

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

the best round i've ever shot(67) was with a set of blades older than i am. i got a new set when i went to college, found a set of old wilson muscelbacks i'd bought to practice with for 25 bucks at play it again sports. i hit my 25$ clubs better than i hit the set i paid 350 for. couldn't tell you how many frat daddies with 2,000$ sets their folks bought them i embarrassed at the college golf course.

Look on the bright side: some barely used TM gear may find it's way on Ebay at dirt-cheap prices soon.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'm not sure why people think they can tell from a players bag about how good they are. My clubs are a cheapo brand which gets the job done at the minute but next year I'll probably buy a set near the top of the range.

People should get fitted for clubs and spend whatever amount is appropriate for the best fit in equipment.

I'm not sure why people think they can tell from a players bag about how good they are. My clubs are a cheapo brand which gets the job done at the minute but next year I'll probably buy a set near the top of the range.

That's kind of the point. People who have the newest, best equipment, all matched, with stock everything are probably hackers. Good players use what they like because it fits them; posers have a bag full of matched gear. Look at my clubs, for example. A hodge podge of different clubs made in different years, but each one selected carefully to fit me.

Now, what if I had an R9 Supertri, R9 fairway woods, an R9 hybrid, R9 irons, XFT wedges, and a Rossa putter, with all Adidas clothes, an Adidas hat, shoes, TaylorMade glove, and a Taylormade staff bag? I'd either be a Taylormade sponsored pro, or a poser. Odds are the latter. Even many TM players have at least one club, or something, maybe a glove, non Taylormade. We get the same idiots in the music business. PRS guitar, Mesa Boogie amp, dressed to the 9s in their genre, and they usually can't play worth a damn. Meanwhile, find me a guy who has an old, beaten up Strat and an old beaten up Princeton (never mind those are the things I use, hehe), dressed in something normal, then you've probably got a good player. It's a generalization, but it's usually a good one.

Note: This thread is 3429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!