IGNORED

Appleby Shoots 59

newtogolf
Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And just like Goydos a few weeks ago, he may very well only have second place to show for it. Let's see what Overton does coming in.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Balls of steel, Ice in his veins.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm just glad he isn't trying to look like Greg Norman anymore.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

wow...just wow...

i mean, overton strikes me as a petulant frat boy •••••••, but that was unbelievable.

Colin P.

How about DA Points on the last hole.....that missed tap in is gonna cost him some SERIOUS cash.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Overton got totally screwed on 17, but his reaction was way over the top. I don't know what he was saying but I would be willing to bet it wasn't PG rated and he just went on and on and on..... just tap the next putt in and get over it.

And how about De Jonge, he shot 3 65s and a 68 and he lost by 5 shots. That kind of sucks.

As for the 59, I didn't see much of it but his last putt on 18 was just crisp, pure, solid, etc. Center cut.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Anyone think that the course set-ups are being eased down a bit to facilitate scoring? Appleby putted like a madman, but two 59's in one year, and several near misses seems a little odd to me.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Anyone think that the course set-ups are being eased down a bit to facilitate scoring? Appleby putted like a madman, but two 59's in one year, and several near misses seems a little odd to me.

I'm thinking the USGA is setting us up for a shorter ball being put into place. They can point to the scoring at the end of the season and tell us the groove rule didn't work, we need a shorter ball. I hope I'm wrong but hearing that the Nationwide is to play a test tourney with special balls doesn't put good thoughts in my head.

ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

I'm not down playing a 59 because it's a magical number on any course but you have to look at the events. It's been done 2 times at a events with a slightly weaker field and the course is probably set up a touch easier for scoring.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I'm thinking the USGA is setting us up for a shorter ball being put into place. They can point to the scoring at the end of the season and tell us the groove rule didn't work, we need a shorter ball. I hope I'm wrong but hearing that the Nationwide is to play a test tourney with special balls doesn't put good thoughts in my head.

Something needs to be done. A course 7,000 in length is just a driver wedge now days for the pro's.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Something needs to be done. A course 7,000 in length is just a driver wedge now days for the pro's.

According to an interview with a USGA official, drive distances have been lower this year than previous years, so there's no intention of changing the rules for drivers or balls. Dick Rugge, Senior Technical Director for USGA made the following statement:

"Strictly based on their potential to change the game, two other rollbacks could be considered—reducing golf ball distance and reducing clubhead size. However, in both cases, a rollback would impact virtually every golfer, not just the very best players, so we have no plans to roll back either."

Joe Paradiso

Great stuff "Apples" - 59 on sunday to win was awesome!!! - After 11 straight weeks it was well deserved mate!!

If your worried about the low scores, maybe they should stop serving up these wet receptive greens.....

59 with 3 closing birdies on Sunday to overtake the leader and win?!? He gets extra credit-best 59 ever.

I was rooting for Appleby, and that round was superb, and he deserves all the credit in the world, but there is no question at all that the greatest 59 was Duval's.

• Administrator
59 with 3 closing birdies on Sunday to overtake the leader and win?!? He gets extra credit-best 59 ever.

Duval won when he shot his 59 and finished with an eagle.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!