IGNORED

Hit the Ping Anser Irons!

Note: This thread is 4986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I'm not badly mistaken, all PING is made in China now, but still assembled in the U.S., somebody correct me if I'm wrong?

Everything I have found say otherwise. From what I saw at the ping factory on "How it is Made", it looks more like they could be made in Mexico :P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, but the quality of Miura or Scratch irons is superior to those of Ping. Plus, why buy a club from a company that hasn't made forged irons in ages when you can buy a better product from companies that have mastered the art of forging?

I'd wait 'til SCRATCH actually had their own designs before I popped off like that. They use foundry designs that I can buy and have my name put on them if I want my own brand and there's nothing special about their forgings either.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Re: Ansers vs. the I15 - aren't the Anser's going to have a different feel at impact because of the forged head vs. the cast head that feels like you're hitting a golf ball with something you can dig a grave with after the round?!?!??!?!

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

By the way guys, you can pre-order a set right now for $1098.00.

PING, has been working on these clubs for some time now. They have been working with quite a few tour guys in AZ tweeking them to get them right. They have also brought in many old timer experts on the creation processes to ensure these are going to be top shelf irons. I'm not saying I will trade in my S57's for them, but as a "PING guy", I have been on and off their clubs for years, and they have always put out quality stuff.

I have never hit a set of the Miura irons, but I can say that I will trade you the set of Scratch irons in my basement for a set of the Ansers if anyone wants to trade???

By the way guys, you can pre-order a set right now for $1098.00.

Bargain! Down here, a set of bog standard G15s costs the local currency equivalent of $1,260. And that's at the "discount" superstore.

I would like to take a few cuts with the Ansers.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Forged or Investment Cast.... I've been playing a set of S57's all this year, and would say it's the best set of clubs I ever hit. Bot a set of eBay from a golf store that went out of business. Brand new in box for $450.

Concerning the ANSER irons, I must say they are sexy and regardless of where they are manufactured I'm sure the quality is top notch. I'm glad you had a chance to hit balls with them. I'll try and do the same thing next time I catch a PING Demo day down here in the south where I'm at.
ogio.gif  Grom Stand Bag: Stealth
ping.gif     G15  10 .5, G10 3W,  5W, S-57 3-W, Tour-W 50, 5 6, 60 : Redwood Anser Black Satin 34.5"
titleist.gif     Ball: ProV1

Everything I have found say otherwise. From what I saw at the ping factory on "How it is Made", it looks more like they could be made in Mexico :P

In case anyone is interested....

It looks like Scottsdale to me...

They were made and are assembled here, but pretty sure they come out of China now.

-Landon

They were made and are assembled here, but pretty sure they come out of China now.

Where is your source?

It was being discussed on another forum with some, pretty up on the subject, folk. I'll find out for sure and get back to ya.

-Landon

Great Video....

In fact almost all companies manufacture some or all of there clubs in China. However PING keeps it to a minimum. See this article from TIME

Now granted the article was in 2003 and since 7 years have passed I know they do manufacturing in China because my S57's stated: Heads - Made in China, Shafts - Made in USA, Assembled in USA.

After watching the video and knowing the good old people at PING hand assembled and set my clubs to specifications I can rest easier knowing than most other brands have trouble holding a candle to them. However, I must say I did a tour of Mizuno not far from me in Norcross, GA and saw there club mfr. and assembly process. Equally impressive. I'm sure the ANSER clubs are the same.

However, I wish all the club manfuacturing companies would bring it back here to the USA full on.... Including PING. Our boys need the work.
ogio.gif  Grom Stand Bag: Stealth
ping.gif     G15  10 .5, G10 3W,  5W, S-57 3-W, Tour-W 50, 5 6, 60 : Redwood Anser Black Satin 34.5"
titleist.gif     Ball: ProV1

Wow, didn't realize that I'd start such a shit-storm with my comment about getting Scratch or Miura instead of the PING's.

Based on the $1100 price point referred to above, these are a better buy (than I'd initially thought at $1400) but the fact remains, you can get a very high quality hand built PREMIUM forged iron at that price. If it were my money and I was going to spend more than $800, I'd go with one of the premium irons every time, likely Miura.

What do I know though? It's not like I've hit them all... Wait a minute, I have. Although I don't have extensive experience w/the new Anser, I have gamed quite a few PING's so I'm very aware of the fact that they make a quality product. I've also bagged multiple sets from both Scratch and Miura. Even at $1100, I'm putting my money with either Scratch or Miura (I had $1099 in my Scratch SB-1's, got my Miura TB's for the same price). Additionally, it's not a secret that a great deal of forged irons on tour, regardless of brand, are Miura forged. Perhaps these tour Anser's are Miura forged as well?

If the Anser is the club that you want, great. Don't let me dissuade you, PING makes a very high quality product. Heck, I'd be happy with a set of the new Anser's in my bag as well. However, that said, there is no way that I'd trade either my Miura TB's or LE's for the PING's.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Pricing that I've heard is around $1400 USD for a set, 3-PW. Who knows if that will hold true though. At that price point, you might as well get a set from Scratch or Miura though.

I agree with rebby. But then again I really dislike Ping.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thank you for your interest in PING.
The answer to your question (Request #: 080522-00023) is below.

You asked:
Are any of the components that make up a Ping golf club made in China? If so
what are some examples?

We replied:
All clubs are designed by our engineers. However, the PING Jr. Moxie and Pal
clubs are made in China to our specifications. The Tour wedges are also made in
China to keep the cost down (this is because the grooves are actually machined
in). The Driver, fairway and hybrid wood heads are also poured in China to our
specs (we create the mold and give it to them to use). Our foundry in Phoenix is
not set up to pour titanium (there are no plants left in the US that pour
titanium). We then receive the heads here, inspect them and then assemble the
clubs at our plant in Phoenix, AZ. The iron heads and putter heads are poured
at our foundry in Phoenix (with the exception of the Rapture iron heads which
are poured/made in China due to the titanium face). The Redwood putters are
forged in China but we mill the heads here at our facility in Phoenix. As for
the shafts, anything with the PING name is designed by our engineers to work for
that product. However, we do not make our own shafts. We have True Temper build
our steel shafts and Aldila, Grafalloy, Graphite Design and UST make the
graphite shafts to our specs. All of these manufacturers build the shafts
outside of the US with the exception of True Temper (still in the US). The
shafts are tested in our quality control area to make sure they are within our
standards before they go to the assembly area. Most of the assembly is done at
our factory in Phoenix. However, we do have a plant in the UK, Germany, Canada
and Japan. We will send finished clubs to these plants and they distribute them
for us. The Japan and UK plants can actually receive components from us and
they can assemble them at their facility.

-Landon

Thank you for your interest in PING. The answer to your question (Request #: 080522-00023) is below. You asked: Are any of the components that make up a Ping golf club made in China? If so what are some examples? We replied: All clubs are designed by our engineers. However, the PING Jr. Moxie and Pal clubs are made in China to our specifications. The Tour wedges are also made in China to keep the cost down (this is because the grooves are actually machined in). The Driver, fairway and hybrid wood heads are also poured in China to our specs (we create the mold and give it to them to use). Our foundry in Phoenix is not set up to pour titanium (there are no plants left in the US that pour titanium). We then receive the heads here, inspect them and then assemble the clubs at our plant in Phoenix, AZ. The iron heads and putter heads are poured at our foundry in Phoenix (with the exception of the Rapture iron heads which are poured/made in China due to the titanium face). The Redwood putters are forged in China but we mill the heads here at our facility in Phoenix. As for the shafts, anything with the PING name is designed by our engineers to work for that product. However, we do not make our own shafts. We have True Temper build our steel shafts and Aldila, Grafalloy, Graphite Design and UST make the graphite shafts to our specs. All of these manufacturers build the shafts outside of the US with the exception of True Temper (still in the US). The shafts are tested in our quality control area to make sure they are within our standards before they go to the assembly area. Most of the assembly is done at our factory in Phoenix. However, we do have a plant in the UK, Germany, Canada and Japan. We will send finished clubs to these plants and they distribute them for us. The Japan and UK plants can actually receive components from us and they can assemble them at their facility.

That is probably how the fakes get made, someone steals or give the molds tosomeone on the black market over there and wala counterfeit clubs. I wonder if they use titanium on the pirate versions....Thanks for the low down.

That is probably how the fakes get made, someone steals or give the molds tosomeone on the black market over there and wala counterfeit clubs. I wonder if they use titanium on the pirate versions....Thanks for the low down.

Im pretty sure you could make your own mold out of just a ping iron.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the "fakes" are "factory overruns" or "seconds" that are really neither. Some of the units I've seen have looked awfully good. I wouldn't be shocked if there aren't people on the inside of some of these factories that are in charge of quality control that just happen to make sure that there are plenty that wind up being "disposed of".

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Not sure how recent this statement is. Look at the stickers on an I15 or G15 - Head "Made in China"

Note: This thread is 4986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!