IGNORED

What Ball Is Everybody Playing?

I've been playing HX Hot/HX Tour so far this year. HX Hot has been great on the wet fairways so far, long and straight. But no spin on approach shots at all, even on soft greens.

Now that things have dried out a bit, I'm back to HX Tours. The best there is, period. But I will try the newest new Pro V1s soon.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Prov Vx or Nike ONE Black

I am curious to try the Nike Platinium and the new Pro V and Pro Vx

Driver: Titleist 905T 9.5 Aldila NV-65 Stiff
Fairway Wood: 904F 17 degree Speeder Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 503H Aldila Hybrid Shaft
Irons: Titleist 735.CM's S300 DG
Wedges: Titleist SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: SC Newport 2Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Pro V1, Nike ONE PlatinumBag: Titleist X57 or Titleist...

• 17 years later...

I play the PRO V1 when i am out i will switch to an x version

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Hmm. Let me look in the sand trap and take a look.

TXXXXXXXE

Never heard of it, but its off-color white and definitely has dimples.

• iacas changed the title to What Ball Is Everybody Playing?
  • 1 month later...

Wilson Staff Fifty Elite                                                                                                           Maxfli Tour                                                                                                                           Top Flite Gamer
 Wilson Staff Triad
 MG Golf C4 Senior
 Wilson Smart Core

• 1 month later...

After doing extensive ball research for the past couple of years, I have found that I use three different balls.  The best ball for me is the Titleist AVX. However, I don't like the price tag. So I will switch back and forth between the Snell MTB and the Maxfli Tour when I see a good deal on them.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

The magazine Today's Golfer conducted a very complete test of 21 different golf balls using a robot. They tested different swing speeds and different clubs. The results show that there is very little difference in performance in golf balls of various brands and prices. Only exception is the excellent wedge spin and dispersion produced by PRO V1 and PRO V1x. Otherwise the differences are much less than people think. It all boils down to what FEELS best to you.

3 hours ago, arturo28mx said:

It all boils down to what FEELS best to you.

For some people, that may be true.

For me it all boils down to what I can see the best!

395644-Yellow-Orange-Srixon-Q-Star-Tour-Divide-12-Ball-Pack-2.thumb.jpg.4e4a76a6ca7297b0f1d91bcc79901998.jpg

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 11:37 AM, arturo28mx said:

The magazine Today's Golfer conducted a very complete test of 21 different golf balls using a robot. They tested different swing speeds and different clubs. The results show that there is very little difference in performance in golf balls of various brands and prices. Only exception is the excellent wedge spin and dispersion produced by PRO V1 and PRO V1x. Otherwise the differences are much less than people think. It all boils down to what FEELS best to you.

I saw a review on Youtube that was recent. They tested 37 different balls. The longest ball for the 105 and up swing speeds was the Titleist ProV1X Left Dash 329.78 yards

The longest ball for the swingspeed from 90mph to 105mph  was the Maxfli tour CG  284.48 yards.   runner up was Taylormade Tour Response which finish with one of the highest scores of all balls which includes quality. 

The longest ball for 90 mph and under which I am on the high end of is Titleist ProV1X Left dash. They were surprised because it was the longest for the biggest hitters. It was 236.45 yards   

I bought a dozen which cost 50 bucks and they were correct. I played 3 rounds with that ball and it is a beast. There was a noticeable difference over the ball I play now which is the Bridgestone RXS. 

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, chop said:

I saw a review on Youtube that was recent. They tested 37 different balls. The longest ball for the 105 and up swing speeds was the Titleist ProV1X Left Dash 329.78 yards

The longest ball for the swingspeed from 90mph to 105mph  was the Maxfli tour CG  284.48 yards.   runner up was Taylormade Tour Response which finish with one of the highest scores of all balls which includes quality. 

The longest ball for 90 mph and under which I am on the high end of is Titleist ProV1X Left dash. They were surprised because it was the longest for the biggest hitters. It was 236.45 yards   

I bought a dozen which cost 50 bucks and they were correct. I played 3 rounds with that ball and it is a beast. There was a noticeable difference over the ball I play now which is the Bridgestone RXS. 

I mean… given a certain set of launch conditions. If you change them, something else would be the top ball.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, chop said:

Your talking about MyGolfSpy I assume.

They published an article about which ball goes the farthest and which spins the most with their testing. It's all well and good, but I'm inclined to agree more with @arturo28mx. When you really dive into what MGS is saying it's pretty insignificant.

The difference between what they measured with a robot hitting 12 shots with the Titleist PRO1X left dash and your ball, the Bridgeston RXS, is just under 3 yards. 

Can you really see 3 yards on the course? 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.