IGNORED

Top 5 most heartbreaking shots! for you on a golf course!

mdbuschsr
Note:Β This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1. Hitting that rare hook (for me), which only happens with water to the left.
2. That chunked chip shot that travels 7 inches.
3. Chips that go over the green.
4. Topping or hitting the ground.
5. Long putts with a perfect line, but long or short.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Flushing the ball dead center and having it land on the back edge and roll down into the rough
2. Being 220 out on the second shot of a par 5 and putting it in trouble.
3. Putting for birde... now for par... now for bogey 3 putts
4. Getting greedy when you have a good round going and losing strokes.
5. Being unhappy outside on a good day because of a bad golf game.

In the bag: I'm not a complete nike fanboy.. I just happened to pull some strings and get fitted at the oven
Driver| SQ Machspeed 8.5
Fairway Woods|3,5| SQ Machspeed fairway woods
Hybrids |3,4 iron| SQ Machspeed hybrid
Irons|PW-5| Split Cavity Forged IronWedges| 54 bent to 53 and 58...

1. Good contact on a drive that is hooking (or, before I "fixed" my slice, slicing) a bit then somehow hits the great left (or right) turn sign in the sky and goes into its magical second gear of sidespin that carries it a full 85 yards into the woods/water/third fairway over

2. Clubbing down to a 3W after repeat problems with #1 because only a fool could miss the 3W only to demonstrate with a chunk, top, etc., that I am that very fool

3. 20-foot putt left 6 feet short

4. 6-foot putt sent 3 feet long

5. 3-foot putt THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BREAK! HOW COULD IT NOT BREAK?! IT BROKE WHEN IT BURNED THE EDGE LESS THAN A MINUTE AGO! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?

3, 4 and 5 were the delightfully recurring theme of my round on Saturday. Obviously means that I need a new putter. Certainly nothing more than that.

WITB:
Driver:  ping.gif Anser 9.5°  | Fairway:    XCG5 15° 
Hybrid:Β Β Β XCG5 19Β° Β | Irons:Β  mizuno.gif JPX-825Β 4-GW
Wedges:Β Β mizuno.gifΒ MP R-12 56Β°, 60Β°
Putter:Β  ping.gifΒ Grayhawk TR

Being inside 120'ish yards either after an awesome drive on a par4, and put so much pressure on yourself to sticking it close that you dont manage to even find the green..

The following sticks of wonder are found in the orange bag of carrying
Driver : R9 460 9.5 Regular
Rescue : Halo 2i Regular
Irons : X20 tour 3-p Project X 5.0
Wedges : Vokey 52, XFT 56, 60Putter : VP 109

For me, and this is usually a round-killer because I'm an assassin with an LW so this destroys me:
Hitting a perfect wedge shot that goes a foot too far or too short in the air and ends up in a sh*tty spot. That kills me. Having well-struck shots be punished is always tough, but when it's in your wheelhouse, it really takes a knife to your tires.

Current GearΒ Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW:Β Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12Β - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

(from experience)

The approach shot on #18 that is perfectly struck, hits the green on the left side of a right to left slope and the ball ends up in the water.

The bombed driver that cuts a dog leg, only to find it end up behind a tree or some other impeding object for the 2nd shot.

A well struck 10 foot putt for birdie that lips out.

Having the same approach into a green as your buddy, ball lands in same spot, but yours decided to run into the back green bunker and his rolls short.

The par 3 where it looks like the ball is a lot closer to the pin until you get onto the green and realize it's still 15-feet away!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Years ago in a league I was in my partner and I wound up playing for the championship. I think I was a 4 and he was a 9 (9 hole HC). Anyway, we were up against the 2 scratch golfer team and we had them against the ropes all day. We get to the final hole 1 up. My partner does his job with a bogey to kill his scratch's par. Up to me to do my job. I wasn't getting anything on the hole so all I really needed was a par on the easiest hole out there. Well, my opponent bogeyed and I 4 putted my way to a triple to lose the championship. That is #1 for sure...actually, that covers 1 through 7!

Geomax 16 reg - driver
G10 17 4 wood reg
Sumo2 20 hybrid Reg
MX-100 4h, 5h, 6-gap Reg
MP T 10 56.10, 60.08Bullseye putter

1)Missing a tap-in double eagle putt. What could be worse than driving a par 5 and missing a tap in putt?
2)Hitting a dead perfect drive on the 18th hole after duffing it around all day. But it makes you come back.
3)Realizing that, yes, you can indeed reach that water.
4)Hitting a perfect drive in the middle of the fairway and realizing there are tree limbs overhanging your desired approach shot path.
5)Hitting that approach shot that looks like it is hanging on the lip but when you walk up to the ball you realize you are 20 feet past.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me, I think that I can sum this up in only 2 points.
  1. Bad breaks - Like that perfect 2-iron that's on a rope headed straight for the hole, lands just shy of the green (as planned), but... on a sprinkler head, and kicks 30 yards straight to the left, under the only thick pine tree anywhere near the green. Jubilation turns to heartbreak in an instant.
  2. Stupid mental mistakes - Think idiot, THINK!

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB ProΒ | Miura 1957 Irons | YururiΒ Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat |Β TaylorMadeΒ Penta

Any bad shot caused by pulling my head. Bladed chips and pitches, or a low slice drive. I can deal with any other mistake, but a bladed shot gets under my skin extremely bad.

The only one that really breaks my heart and hurts my spirit is absolutely puring an iron approach shot only to see it airmail the green or come up 10 feet short of the green. Misclubbing is truly painful to me.

I absolutely despise the "TOO MUCH FAIRWAY" Syndrome. It's when you smoke your drive right up the middle on a Par 4 and have 50 or 60 yards left to the pin and then either skull the ball past or scoop it up short on the approach shot. This happened TWICE to my buddy today and it was painful to watch... coulda been me just as well. Yikes.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Squareback #2... pimped out at the custom shop!
Driver: Adams Speedline Fast10 draw, Wasabe Adila S Flex
Irons: Mizuno MP-58's 4-GW and also play the Adams CB-1's 5-GW w/ KBS soft stepped shafts
Wedge: Mizuno mp T-10 56/13
Wedge: Ping Tour 54/11Hybrid: Adams Idea black 21...

...and then there's the time when I hit a tee shot with my Titleist PT-10 driver and the club head and the ball went down range together - for about the same distance - while I was holding a broken shaft in my hand wondering "WTF".
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

the worst ones are when you are insanely unlucky when hitting a good shot!

1. Perfect approach that would land and stop 1 meter past the hole hits the stick and bounces in to the shit (bunker,water,rough)
2. hitting that solid drive, on that perfect line over that huge waterhazard looking good all the way just to come up a meter short.
3. bad bounces on good shots (i do like the good bounces on bad shots though)
4. missjudging distance to clear bunker and getting a plugged lie in the face of the bunker (bought a rangefinder so i can blame judgement anymore)
5. hitting shots fat

Par 5's.

Teeing off and hitting OB or just in the trees, hitting 3 off the tee, then trying to make up for it by going for the green and then f*cking up that shot and settling for an 8 or 9.

:tmade:Β SLDR X-Stiff 12.5Β°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2Β° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Ahh I hit a 270 yard drive on a 500 yd par5. I then proceed to hit a real nice 5iron to within 10yards of the green. Smelling the chip on and subsequent putt for birdie I make the following 5 shots without failing every single time for a double-trip >_<.

1) Flub my first chip and only move it 5ft closer to the green.
2) Completely blade my next chip over the back of the green.
3) Soft chip it from the back the green 2in onto the green.
4) Putt and miss.
5) Tap in

6) Hum sandwedge.
Β Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4HΒ  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

The high drawing hook that i hit half the time from 150 in on par 3s! Always goes right into the $hit. It should be an easy shot...but no...hook it into the crap...just like i have for the last 20 years.

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

Note:Β This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!