IGNORED

My Swing (mvmac)

mvmac

Originally Posted by onephenom

will try what tomorrow? look up swings by players like rory, tiger, any other professional player to see there swing plane at impact vs address plane? do that now, see if you're right or not.

Trust me bro i have done that visualize that feel that think about that but end of the day who am i to comment on mike's swing? I can take rory's video and put in side by side with mike and he's still "correct" in many ways even though it's a hell of a difference IMHO

His a Teaching Professional. A Scratch player single handicapper been to lesson from the best instructors and REALLY learning about physics and mechanics

Me? A young golfer. Only a year into Golf no lesson from any instructors and definitely nothing about physics etc.

The bad thing about being a pro is that you think you're better than those who aren't. Sadly the truth in this golf society .

Non-Pros -

(In my honest opinion , my 2cents worth , my thoughts etc etc)

Pros -

(Gotta say, these comments are pretty funny.  Here's a swing from today, looks like I'm getting a 90 degree turn a2_wink.gif )

(You seem to be unaware that a lot of the information in golf magazines is BAD. Just because someone says "keep your chin up" does not make it good.

Mike knows what he's talking about. You'd do well to listen rather than blather on as you've done thus far.)

Yes you pros have trained , worked , persevered a long routine before being able to turn pro but think about it everyone was once a beginner once a newbie once a swing moron.

Even if i'm wrong as a PROFESSIONAL is this how you would correct someone? by throwing facts and pictures and comments back?

I'm a beginner you're a professional. Instead of trying SO DAMN HARD to prove you're RIGHT why not just go show me how i'm wrong? Instead of

" My position looks similar to the golfer (Edoardo Molinari?) you posted"

" My shaft plane also returns to a similar positions as Molinari's."

I replied nicely with no intention to go against you but just curious about why you do swing differently etc etc hopefully able to learn some pointers and tips , but no you had to prove that you're right and i'm talking rubbish because i have not attended any physics lesson about golf and you're a pro.

Such a selfish professional does not deserve my respect and admiration. (honestly the reason why i decided to make fun of your "perfect impact swing plane swing")

Lastly with the amount of work and training you have put in through out the years i would have probably surpassed you with half the time you took to achieve your "kind of swing"...

Originally Posted by bomberman

Trust me bro i have done that visualize that feel that think about that but end of the day who am i to comment on mike's swing? I can take rory's video and put in side by side with mike and he's still "correct" in many ways even though it's a hell of a difference IMHO

His a Teaching Professional. A Scratch player single handicapper been to lesson from the best instructors and REALLY learning about physics and mechanics

Me? A young golfer. Only a year into Golf no lesson from any instructors and definitely nothing about physics etc.

The bad thing about being a pro is that you think you're better than those who aren't. Sadly the truth in this golf society .

Non-Pros -

(In my honest opinion , my 2cents worth , my thoughts etc etc)

Pros -

(Gotta say, these comments are pretty funny.  Here's a swing from today, looks like I'm getting a 90 degree turn )

(You seem to be unaware that a lot of the information in golf magazines is BAD. Just because someone says "keep your chin up" does not make it good.

Mike knows what he's talking about. You'd do well to listen rather than blather on as you've done thus far.)

Yes you pros have trained , worked , persevered a long routine before being able to turn pro but think about it everyone was once a beginner once a newbie once a swing moron.

Even if i'm wrong as a PROFESSIONAL is this how you would correct someone? by throwing facts and pictures and comments back?

I'm a beginner you're a professional. Instead of trying SO DAMN HARD to prove you're RIGHT why not just go show me how i'm wrong? Instead of

"My position looks similar to the golfer (Edoardo Molinari?) you posted"

"My shaft plane also returns to a similar positions as Molinari's."

I replied nicely with no intention to go against you but just curious about why you do swing differently etc etc hopefully able to learn some pointers and tips , but no you had to prove that you're right and i'm talking rubbish because i have not attended any physics lesson about golf and you're a pro.

Such a selfish professional does not deserve my respect and admiration. (honestly the reason why i decided to make fun of your "perfect impact swing plane swing")

Lastly with the amount of work and training you have put in through out the years i would have probably surpassed you with half the time you took to achieve your "kind of swing"...

WOW, just WOW

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

.. but end of the day who am i to comment on mike's swing?

Could not have said it better myself.  And until you grow up and learn that these threads are here for everybody else to learn, and to offer and receive advice, you'd do well to continue to follow that advice as it pertains to everybody's swing threads you've been invading, not just Mike's.

It would also help to learn coherence. ;)

God Damn facts!!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Could not have said it better myself.  And until you grow up and learn that these threads are here for everybody else to learn, and to offer and receive advice, you'd do well to continue to follow that advice as it pertains to everybody's swing threads you've been invading, not just Mike's.

It would also help to learn coherence. ;)

So Mike can give advice to people while others cant give advice to him? Because what? He's pro ? and he can't accept advise/opinions/insults??

So Mike can give advice to people while others cant give advice to him? Because what? He's pro ? and he can't accept advise/opinions/insults??

Mike's proven himself to be very welcoming of advice......from those qualified to give it.  Those not qualified to give advice should, like small children, be seen but not heard.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

And you're qualified to say whose qualified to give advice and whose not? Who qualified you to qualify others then? And how do you even qualify one to be qualified? A PRO? Bloody h***

And you're qualified to say whose qualified to give advice and whose not? Who qualified you to qualify others then?

And how do you even qualify one to be qualified? A PRO?

Bloody h***

A wise man knows his own limitations.

Conversely.......

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Actually ,he's very open to advice... he explains why he's doing what he's doing. He explains what he's working on, IMPLYING THAT HE IS NOT PERFECT, as you insist on portraying himself above others. You give advice with no way to back it up.. then you state "who am I to give advice" when you gave him advice no one said you were dumb. They pointed out why that particular piece of information is wrong, like trusting an article in a magazine, which you blindly believed. That article is written by a pro, and you chose to listen to him. But if mike says something different ,suddenly he's thinking he's better than everyone? Lolll. Also, you say you haven't been rude... but you're the ONLY one being rude in this thread. Also, you called mike out for saying "my swing is similar to Eduardo" ... you used that picture to show that he's wrong! So what's wrong with him talking about his swing?. ITS HIS SWING THREAD! Youve Self proclaimed that you've been a golfer only a year, yet you make this sweeping assumption that all pros think they are better than other people. Not only are you wrong using mike and Erik as representative of this statement, it's rude, ignorant, and stereotypical to make such a judgment. "Why not show I'm wrong instead of why you're right" ... you understand, that when 2 people have contradicting beliefs, that showing you're wrong and he's eight is the same thing? I would hope so, and yet this is what comes out... Not sure why you think others can't give mike advice. I wonder, have you read any of the posts before yours? Or considered why he made a swing thread? -_- How do you expect him to explain something to someone, if he can't use facts, pictures, or say anything? Is he supposed to use the force? Still not sure what you're saying about looking at Rory or tiger or any touring pro's swing to compare to mikes... sounds like you're saying "hey, I know you guys are right about the club steepening on the downswing, and that every golfer does it, but I refuse to accept it because mikes a professional teacher"

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Everybody can give advice, but you're not doing that.  You're just being insulting for the sake of ... I don't know what.  What purpose does it serve for you to come on here and insult people's swings?  Nothing constructive comes from that.  By all means, ask questions, and by all means offer advice, but insults have no place here.

• Upvote 1

And you're qualified to say whose qualified to give advice and whose not? Who qualified you to qualify others then? And how do you even qualify one to be qualified? A PRO? Bloody h***

You're talking like being a professional automatically disqualifies one for giving advice. Someone is qualified to give advice when they spend a ton of time learning about the swing, analyzing swings, learning the physics of the swing, learning how to teach all that, etc. That's when you're qualified.

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

And you're qualified to say whose qualified to give advice and whose not? Who qualified you to qualify others then?

And how do you even qualify one to be qualified? A PRO?

Bloody h***

24 handicap with 1 year of experience is not qualified to instruct pro's.  You have a nice swing, and if you use the site properly you'll learn a lot and probably lower your handicap even more.  If instead you just want to be combative and alienate those here that can help, you're just wasting all our time.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by onephenom

How do you expect him to explain something to someone, if he can't use facts, pictures, or say anything? Is he supposed to use the force?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

hold your gun.

You're pro? You cant even turn 90 degrees and finish off properly. You're like doing punch shots on every swing how in the world. You do realize that right?

What have golf become nowadays. really.

You guys are learning from him?

Horrible/bad back posture.

Your up swing is so flat , then you're coming over the top to hit it straight.

Hips are still squared upon impact decreasing your lag and impact.

Flipping your wrist so fast upon impact using your wrist to control the club. (unable to achieve flat wrist)

swing plane totally off...

If you're pro I'll better join the web.com tour and get my pro card.. (haha kidding)

(No offense was meant) Just trying to share my views if you don't like it then delete it!~

Trying so hard to console yourself by pulling all these pictures out. I mean nobody's perfect right?

Sounds somewhat condescending to me.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I replied nicely with no intention to go against you but just curious about why you do swing differently etc etc hopefully able to learn some pointers and tips , [U]but no you had to prove that you're right[/U] and i'm talking rubbish because i have not attended any physics lesson about golf and you're a pro. Such a selfish professional does not deserve my respect and admiration. (honestly the reason why i decided to make fun of your "perfect impact swing plane swing") Lastly with the amount of work and training you have put in through out the years i would have probably surpassed you with half the time you took to achieve your "kind of swing"...

With no due respect, you started this with your negative comments: [QUOTE]hold your gun. You're pro? You cant even turn 90 degrees and finish off properly. You're like doing punch shots on every swing how in the world. You do realize that right? What have golf become nowadays. really.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]You guys are learning from him? Horrible/bad back posture. Your up swing is so flat , then you're coming over the top to hit it straight. Hips are still squared upon impact decreasing your lag and impact. Flipping your wrist so fast upon impact using your wrist to control the club. (unable to achieve flat wrist) swing plane totally off... If you're pro I'll better join the web.com tour and get my pro card.. (haha kidding) (No offense was meant) Just trying to share my views if you don't like it then delete it!~[/QUOTE] If this is the way you want to use this forum, I'd rather see you didn't. You could start out by asking why he's doing this and that, instead of blatantly attacking and degrading his swing and work. You could start by looking up the word "respect" in a dictionary. As far as your own arguments go, I'm yet to be impressed. It is a very long time since cut-outs from magazines were worth anything, if they didn't by some stroke of luck get it right.

• Upvote 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

That's the thing, you aren't giving advice.  Mike's transparency throughout this thread has somehow escaped your vision.  The points that you have raised are proven to be either myths, or straight up incorrect and it's those points that Mike has responded to you on.  However, you seem to not accept the fact that you are simply incorrect.

As it pertains to how Mike swing "looks," well that's all interpretation.  To me, the swing looks great, to you maybe not so much; however, that doesn't mean it's a "bad" swing or fundamentally "wrong."  Actually, the fact that Mike can play to a scratch level proves that whatever it is that you are seeing/criticizing works, and works VERY well.

I think you would be better off critiquing in the context of curiosity rather than blatant bashing.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X