IGNORED

Shortest Drive Ever

saevel25
Note: This thread is 4969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teed my ball up so high once that I "bottomed" the ball and it backspun, about 4 feet behind the tee.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I've never hit one backwards, but I've whiffed drives. I even whiffed one this year, believe it or not. It was a hectic start, didn't get to warm up or anything, ran out to the first tee. Hadn't played or practiced for a while, took a huge swing and missed completely.

Shortest Drive? Well, it's been awhile since I hit this short, but back a few years ago I only got it out about 320ish. But that was into a fairly strong wind...and it was winter...and it was a beat up range ball.

I've never hit one backwards, but I've whiffed drives. I even whiffed one this year, believe it or not. It was a hectic start, didn't get to warm up or anything, ran out to the first tee. Hadn't played or practiced for a while, took a huge swing and missed completely.

I did the same thing on a round this year. It doesn't happen often but it's memorable when it does, especially because it adds a stroke to an otherwise decent round.

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Walk over, remove ball, chug pitcher, retee, stroke third into fairway. Local legend forever!

He actaully went with, pay for a round for the table, and drop a ball 250 yards out and never it down.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I've wiffed a few, no question, but the worst tee-off that actually made contact was a 3-wood on the first tee during a casual round with my friends. I hit under it with the toe with a major slice. The ball popped up and curved a little and landed maybe 20 yards to my right and 5 yards a head of me.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Well not the shortest but maybe the funniest... playing with a guy who hits one out about 250 yards but a little right near the cart path on an uphill par 4. We get in the cart and start forward and see this ball coming back down the cart path... yep, it was his drive. Must have gone 450 yards overall, 250 forward and 200 backward.

RC

Same as Uncle Peter, but mine almost re-teed itself. Went up a foot and then hit the same spot where the tee was. Pathetic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shortest and most embarrasing, playing with a client on my home course, short par 4, full swing with a 3 wood and barely hit the ball, just rolled it off the front of the tee box and down onto the next set of tees!

Only redeeming part, next shot right right up next to the green and chipped in for a birdie!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

0 yards, 1 inches. Went to go swing, gripped it and ripped it, swung over the ball and the wind behind my driver knocked the ball off the tee and fell just an inch in front of it.

In The Bag:
Bag -
Driver [9.5*] -
Fairway Woods [3,5] -
Irons [4-9, PW, SW] - Wedges [52*, 60*] - Putter -

Not my shortest but the funniest.

It was my first time using a 460cc drive and i tee'd the ball up too high. The ball goes flying straight up and lands before the next set of tees. My dad goes "Wow, that's a straight driver, too bad it's not long."

I whiffed a ball today! I can't believe it, but it happened, and it was pretty damn funny. I teed a ball up too high for my 2 wood on the range. The club actually slipped right under the ball, and snapped through the tee, but the ball just dropped about an inch forward of where it was! It was hilarious, I was laughing pretty hard.

My worst one was probably about 1 ft. It was wet and the ground was soft. I topped the ball while still hitting down on it, hard. Went straight into the ground off the tee and plugged in the mud. Left a nice short trench in the ground with about a 6 inch mound built up in front of the ball. Was kind of cool looking actually. I had a good laugh.

Driver:  Krank Formula Five 7.5 X-Stiff        Fairway Woods:  :gigagolf: Pursuit 3 Wood

Hybrids:  nickent.gif3DX 1 & 3            Irons:  :gigagolf: Powermax TRX 4-PW

Wedges:  callaway.gifX-forged Jaws 52,56        Putter: yesgolf.gif Tracy II

Good stuff!

Years ago, my buddy teed it up and took a massive swing at the thing taking a divot the size of California 6 inches behind the ball. It goes maybe 2 yards. I remember laughing until I had tears in my eyes. He takes a big sigh and lets me hit mine. I proceed to put a 450 MPH swing on mine, topped the hell out of it, hit HIS ball and sent it 100 yards down the fairway. Mine shot over our heads and landed on top of the golf cart. We cracked the beers open early that day.

Geomax 16 reg - driver
G10 17 4 wood reg
Sumo2 20 hybrid Reg
MX-100 4h, 5h, 6-gap Reg
MP T 10 56.10, 60.08Bullseye putter

Im sure ive had more than a few really crappy ones. I try not to remember those, like every once in a while at a local course the 9th hole has a small water hazard maybe 25-30 yards in front of the tee box and ill top one and roll it right in there. It should never come into play but just happens sometimes, gets in your head if you're having a bad day.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Had another one to add Sat, played back 9 at a local course, Crooked Creek in Mt Vernon il. Got to 16th hole, about a 480 yard par 5. Wanted to hit a good drive so aimed left to try to play my slice a bit and hit it straight left about 20 yards into the trees directly in front of the teebox, bounced around and went out into the field to the left of that.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

10th hole at Sterling Hills, Camarillo: Blasted a drive that went really low, and was really satisfied since i felt it had the opportunity to almost get on the green, its a par4! With my luck it hit the top of the pole that marks the middle of the fairway at 200y mark and ricocheted back to the ladies tee 30 yards ahead of me.... Wasnt to happy!

Why do they have a pole in the middle of the fairway in the first place..?

Note: This thread is 4969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!