IGNORED

Titleist Vokeys

Note: This thread is 4592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Titleist Vokeys

• Good/Great
    • Quite average
    • Poor/Really Bad
    • Dont Know

What is your opinion on these because they are not the greatest In my opinion. They spin too much they feel rubbish and the variety of shots you can play isnt as big as with other wedges

What is your opinion on these because they are not the greatest In my opinion. They spin too much they feel rubbish and the variety of shots you can play isnt as big as with other wedges

They are right up there with most other offerings. I don't think they spin more than any other wedge out there. The feel could be improved slightly, but the variety is there. It took me a while to get used to them, but after the first month I have them dialed in and they have contributed to more birdies and up and downs than I can remember.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

No better than any other premium wedge out there
its more about fit to your style these days.
Like i dont like clevelands at all but i like most other wedges
actually, its too bad nickent went out of business because they started to make some really nice wedges

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

• Administrator

I prefer my Mizunos, but the majority of PGA Tour pros disagree with your assessment.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I prefer my Mizunos, but the majority of PGA Tour pros disagree with your assessment.

although it may have something to do with the fact that the greens are normal really soft around where i live

What shots do you struggle to hit with the Vokey wedges? Not judging from your handicap only, but most PGA Tour pros feel like they're good enough to hit the shots they need to play every week. But then again, I wouldn't trust what the PGA tour pros say or play, I'd rather listen to a 20 handicapper complain about one of the best wedges on the market.

I love my vokeys.

your the first person I've heard complain about them.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

What shots do you struggle to hit with the Vokey wedges? Not judging from your handicap only, but most PGA Tour pros feel like they're good enough to hit the shots they need to play every week. But then again, I wouldn't trust what the PGA tour pros say or play, I'd rather listen to a 20 handicapper complain about one of the best wedges on the market.

the pitch with some roll i just seem to get the ball to check which is quite odd

the pitch with some roll i just seem to get the ball to check which is quite odd

It's you thats producing the check the wedge. You can hit it so that it rolls out.

« Keith »

The best combination of spin, feel, and durability that I have found so far.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't played with them enough to form an opinion. They have always felt heavy to me. I don't know if that is fact or not, but a friend has the same set up as me and have hit his a few times. I was pretty indifferent about them in limited use. I've never felt very comfortable with them so I have never owned one.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

A wedge is a wedge is a wedge. If you can't make the ball check you have to fix your swing. My Vokey is no better or worse than my MacGregor wedge, or my Adams wedges. I will agree with jamo that it wears very well.

A wedge is a wedge is a wedge. If you can't make the ball check you have to fix your swing. My Vokey is no better or worse than my MacGregor wedge, or my Adams wedges. I will agree with jamo that it wears very well.

no its too much check that is the problem

You can control that with how you hit the ball with the wedge... If you want it to have less bite, go to a bunker and take some swings in there.

« Keith »

There are so many solutions to that. Play a lower spinning ball. Hit pitch shots with a less lofted club. Work on your motion to reduce the action of the wrists. Play the shots with a lower trajectory. Don't complain that a very good wedge limits the number of shots you can hit when it's your technique that's causing all the problems

What a ridiculous, arrogant and meaningless piece of drivel this is.

Not the greatest "in your opinion". They "feel rubbish" and the "variety of shots you can play isn't as big as with other wedges" How about elaborating on these absurd claims. It would be enlightening listening to you discussing these shortcomings with Bob Vokey and the hundreds of pros who play these clubs.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

What a ridiculous, arrogant and meaningless piece of drivel this is.

What a silly, needlessly-spiteful reply.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Note: This thread is 4592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!