IGNORED

What Putter do you use?

Note: This thread is 4778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am using a Lajosi KLP5-CS- carbon steel -Raw. 360g, 70* & 2.5*, deep face milling, bullet sole.
I just started using it - my first CS and I love. I've always been a PN guy, but this thing is just working for me- my arc must not be as big as I thought.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up a Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 in excellent condition. I have yet to use it but cant wait.

Driver: TM R11 9* S
3 Wood: Orlimar
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 56.13, 60.08
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C-03

putter ho! Putter ho! Putter ho!

The sad thing is that over the weekend I picked up two more used SC putters at a local golf shop. The first is a Circa '62 #3 in the Gun Blue (shiny black) finish. It's in ok condition but will probably be sent in at some point for a restoration. The second is a Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant. It was in pretty rough condition but still in ok to game. Since bringing it home, my wife has claimed it as her own, and it's already in a box headed out to the Custom Shop for a complete restoration.

I might be buying this:

Odyssey ProType PT 82
A multi-layer insert has been fine-tuned to enhance sound, responsiveness, resiliency and consistency while the inner core is 19.6% firmer to enhance the feel. It is also 92% stiffer for better resiliency, leading to consistent distance control. The face surface has been roughened to enhance the sound at impact with softer golf balls and increase friction to promote forward roll. The sleek blade has a single sightline the runs from the face to the back flange and subtly aids with alignment for better accuracy. A milled Tungsten insert has been placed behind the face to ensure precise weight and feel to meet the exacting demands of Phil Mickelson for premium performance.

taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

The sad thing is that over the weekend I picked up two more used SC putters at a local golf shop. The first is a Circa '62 #3 in the Gun Blue (shiny black) finish. It's in ok condition but will probably be sent in at some point for a restoration. The second is a Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant. It was in pretty rough condition but still in ok to game. Since bringing it home, my wife has claimed it as her own, and it's already in a box headed out to the Custom Shop for a complete restoration.

LOL.........post pics when they come back from restoration.

I am using a Lajosi KLP5-CS- carbon steel -Raw. 360g, 70* & 2.5*, deep face milling, bullet sole.

This is the sweetest looking putter I have ever seen!!!!

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

SC Studio Style Newport 2 or a SC Circa '62 #3. Depends on the mood I am in. Probably going to send the Newport in for a restoration soon.

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

This is the sweetest looking putter I have ever seen!!!!

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

Ray Cook blue goose? And this threads only 3 weeks old? Weird. I had a Ray Cook Blue Goose II for a while and it was really good. Old but good. I get much better results with the odyssey 2 ball blade though. 35inch.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rife Hybrid 2-bar. It's center shafted and I have the 33in shaft.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

• 3 months later...

Just picked up a Ping Karsten 1959 Zing...havent played a round with it yet...been to the putting green once.  Perviously played with an old Ray Cook Billy Baroo III.

I like the feel of the metal face on the Zing...but starting to wonder if I should have gone for the slight edge in performance from an iN series putter.  At the time, and still, I doubted that my putting game justified an extra $50 dollar expense.  That's half the cost of my lessons...much better golfing ROI.

callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo 10 deg Driver
callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo Hybrids 2 thru 4
taylormade.gif R9 Irons 5-GW 
ping.gif Eye 2 Lob Wedge dunlop.gif FZ Sand Wedge
ping.gif Karsten 1959 Zing Putter

Over the Holidays My wife received an invitation to test drive a new Jaguar. if we bought, we also would get a complete set of Callaways. if we leased, we would get a set of Callaway irons. For test driving, we got a new Odyssey White Ice #1. I did the test drive and got the free White Ice #1. It weighs in at 355 gem . since I really love my Slotline SSi693. I have been using it at home on my putting mat and I must say, the White Ice insert is really sweet. The weight is good at 355. perhaps some day I may lose my love for the Slotline....when that day comes, the White Ice will be waiting in the wings.

I'm pretty confident my putter's custom made. Well, actually I don't really know for sure, because there's no markings on it or logos. All it says is Perfect Line on the bottom. It also has a True Temper shaft and is 33" long.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Note: This thread is 4778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!