IGNORED

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid

iacas
Note: This thread is 1174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Pure Ball Striker works for all stroke patterns.
It was developed based off the golf club design.
The Pure Ball Striker rest on the aft side of the grip along the sweetspot plane and allow each golfer to monitor their lagging clubhead.
This device will twist, slip, and sometimes come off the grip when lag pressure is lost.
What is lag pressure?
Lag Pressure is it is a feel that is placed in the hands along the sweetspot plane. More specific the palm of the right hand and the trailing index finger the "trigger finger". This pressure is created through the inert club. This inert club resist movement and creates a feel of the lagging clubhead.
Sustain this pressure to and through impact interval. By directing the hands to and through impact interval the clubhead is lagging and trying to catch up. This is considered out of line but it is seeking it in line condition which will occur after impact interval more towards the bottom of the swing arc.
The bottom of the swing arc is the lowest point in the stroke and is opposite the left shoulder. This is where the left arm, hands, clubshaft and clubhead get in line.
All of this creates a feel that is unique to the individual player and the Pure Ball Striker helps the golfer the better sense the lagging clubhead.
Now all the golfer has to do is FEEL!
DON"T Think. FEEL!
The Pure Ball Striker
Jeff Evans, Mizuno Brand Ambassador Master Instructor and the Inventor of the Pure Ball Striker

Very interested in one of these but I cannot see an option to ship to the UK. Anyway this is possible?

Jim said this about the Pure Ball Striker:
I just received my PBS a couple of days ago and like several players I had to call Jeff for some guidence. He was in the middle of a lesson but told me he would call back in about 15 minutes and he did. He talked me through the grip and the basics to use the device when striking a ball. He advised to begin using the PBS on the putter, then move to chipping, then to 1/2 swings before going to the full swing. If I understood him right, he told me that the main thing that one must consciously do when swinging the club with the device, is to push both arms straight with the grip pushing ahead of the clubhead. The feel that one gets doing that with the PBS is the feel you want to have when swinging without the device. Jeff; I hope I said that right.

As Jeff talked me through this, I mentioned that it sounds like stuff I got from Homer Kelly years ago. Jeff was interested in my story of going to a class in Mr. Kelly's livingroom for 5 days to learn from his newly published book; The Golf Machine. I was lucky to be invited as everyone else was a teaching pro (I was a friend of a teaching pro that also attended and he got me in).

There are a lot of things that I have forgotten but a few remained with me for over 30 years. One is how difficult it was for me to get the feel of clubhead lag pressure against my right forefinger and to maintain it through the downswing without letting it get away. I finally gave up.

The other thing I remember is the story from Mr. Kelly telling us how, as a retired Boeing engineer, he got involved in trying to break down good swings using engineering principles. He stated that he tried, with limited success, to speak to the PGA professionals when they came to Seattle for their annual tournament. Most of them did not want to discuss parts of their swing because they were afraid of losing their feel.

But he did say this: His research showed their were two distinct groups of golfers. One group started playing golf and they typically shot 120 or so for 18 holes and then with practice and playing more they quickly got their scores down to the low 90's where they seemed to be stimied.
The other group typically shot 120 or so their first time out and then through practice and playing they also got down into the low 90's. But then they kept improving into the low 80s or high 70's where they then had to work on their short game to improve to the low 70's.
He said the difference between the two groups was that the first group did not have clubhead lag and they typically lost the angle of their right wrist and flat left wrist prior to impact. Then the dreaded flip.
The second group, for whatever reason, naturally swung with clubhead lag and they were much better ball strikers. But interestly, most of them didn't know themselves what
they were doing that gave them better results.
I am very excited to give this clubhead lag stuff another chance with this gizzmo.
I used it for the first time on the driving range today warming up with about 20 balls and then played. I hit the ball better off the tee today with the stack and tilt and pushing my arms straight (trying to get the handle out ahead of the clubface at impact). Many solid draws. For some reason I was having a harder time hitting the ball solid on full wedge shots because maybe I need to overdo pushing the handle ahead of the clubhead through impact. But I am very incouraged. Can't wait to practice it tomorrow.
Jeff Evans, Mizuno Brand Ambassador Master Instructor and the Inventor of the Pure Ball Striker

If interested I could offer the viewers of The Sand Trap a BOGO Buy One Get One Free Offer!

Just placed the order. Thanks for making this offer available to this community!

I believe this is my training aid (other than books and teachers). Unless I had a training aid before that has completely slipped my mind.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ordered. Thanks for going out of your way for those of us in out of the way places, Jeff!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Just placed the order. Thanks for making this offer available to this community!

If you have any questions once you get your PBS you can address them on this thread I will be checking in!

Ordered. Thanks for going out of your way for those of us in out of the way places, Jeff!

I enjoy sharing with others. Sustain the LAG!

I bought one about a month ago and it has def made a difference in my swing...$15 well spent!!

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

Jeff,

I just took you up on your BOGO free offer and am looking forward to trying them out on the range!!!

Eric

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

I was going to purchase one, but the site doesn't seem to work with an iPhone. Hopefully I remember to check again when I get home on my PC.

Don't forget check when you get home!

Leaving out Wednesday for OCN and The Final Stage of PGA Tour "Q" School. http://www.pgatour.com/qschool/ PGATOUR.com - Q School www.pgatour.com

Don't forget check when you get home!

Yup, I did. Ordered it.

You guys should really look at putting a non-flash enabled alternate site up. Might lose some impulse buys from people surfing on their phones.

Yup, I did. Ordered it.

Great idea that deserves a reward what was your name and order number I will add and and extra one for that.

Are there any plans to make then available at retail stores?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 1174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!