IGNORED

How many balls do you use per round?

Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As long as the ball is only scuffed and not cut up I will keep playing it. Scuffs don't affect performance but I have a thing about when the ball has cuts in it where it can catch air friction. Cuts are rare so I usually play 1 ball per round as long as it stays in play.

« Keith »

• 1 month later...

This reminds me of the story about the guy from the USGA making an official visit to Augusta National, and he walks over to the ball washer on the first tee to clean off his ball. One of the members who was playing with him said, "I think that's the first time I've ever seen that washer get used."

I played through a box of NXT Tours about a year and a half ago.  Assuming I didn't lose the ball first, there's no way one would have lasted more than 9 holes before it was completely shredded.

Originally Posted by Aquaguru

I will play the same ball (NXT tour) until I lose it, no matter how many rounds it goes through.

1 or 2 a round...last week I hit a drive that hit the cart path twice and I took it out of play the next hole because it was pretty scuffed.  It was worth it as it went 315 yards and left me with a little wedge that I hit to 6 feet and then made for birdie.  Next hole, a new ball came out and the old one went to the practice ball section of the bag.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Very rarely more than one. The Z-Stars hold up great and my game tends toward short and straight. Although the other day I drowned one on the 17th (long par 4) going for the green with a 4-wood. Dropped, pitched to five feet, missed the putt to save bogey and threw that ball into the lake too. Childish and stupid, but I was level par up to that point. :-(

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

Very rarely more than one. The Z-Stars hold up great and my game tends toward short and straight. Although the other day I drowned one on the 17th (long par 4) going for the green with a 4-wood. Dropped, pitched to five feet, missed the putt to save bogey and threw that ball into the lake too. Childish and stupid, but I was level par up to that point.

Maybe but that ball deserved it.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Usually 1 ball for me unless I have killed it with wedge shots,cart path,sprinkler head,tree etc.

Adams 9065LD 8.5* with a Nunchuk shaft
Adams CB1 gw-4i with Project X 6.0 shafts , Mizuno MT-11 58* wedge
Callaway Steelhead 3
Tour Exotics Hybrid 16* and 18*
Ping long putter

On my usual course, one or two.  There is one 9 hole course I play sometimes that is very tight and I have used 6 in nine holes!

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

depends on a variety of things...average...prolly 2. i usually just beat the crap out of them with wedges and short irons...gotta put newer ones in the rotation. i lose a ball prolly...once every 5-6 rounds?

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

mate of mine bought a box of pro v1s last year before a round at kenwick park golf club in england and lost four on the first hole lol,he was saying how good he would be with them,i think he lost eleven of the twelve that round :)

I can usually go 2-3 rounds without losing a ball, I start with 2 in my pocket and generally end up with the same 2 at the end. However when I am off I can lose 3-4 during a round, which only ticks me off when they are lost somewhere inbounds.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I'm amazed at the mileage alot of guys get out of a ball - no wonder all our low handicappers can afford to play ProV1's - that would put me in the poor house !

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I'm amazed at how many golfers here go through a round or two without losing a ball.  I figure I lose around one ball a round, whether from driving one ob or just not being to find one that I hit right there! I also figure I have about one double bogey a round, so no coincidence I guess.

Originally Posted by inthehole

I'm amazed at the mileage alot of guys get out of a ball - no wonder all our low handicappers can afford to play ProV1's - that would put me in the poor house !

Originally Posted by max power

I'm amazed at how many golfers here go through a round or two without losing a ball.  I figure I lose around one ball a round, whether from driving one ob or just not being to find one that I hit right there!  I also figure I have about one double bogey a round, so no coincidence I guess.

Quote:

The next time I play an entire round with one ball will be my first in over a decade. How 20+ cappers are getting around an 18 hole course with one ball I have no idea. They must have freakishly good eyesight and luck.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Thanks for posting that.  I thought I was playing golf in some sort of alternate universe.  I've only ever played through an 18 hole round with one ball a handful of times, and I've only ever seen someone else do it a few times (better golfer than me).  Every round I've ever played with any other golfer (friends, or guys/gals I was paired up with) has included them losing at least one ball, and most bogey golfers lost at least a few.  And I've seen guys lose a lot more than that on multiple occasions.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

I'm amazed at how many golfers here go through a round or two without losing a ball.  I figure I lose around one ball a round, whether from driving one ob or just not being to find one that I hit right there!  I also figure I have about one double bogey a round, so no coincidence I guess.

Quote:

The next time I play an entire round with one ball will be my first in over a decade. How 20+ cappers are getting around an 18 hole course with one ball I have no idea. They must have freakishly good eyesight and luck.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

Quote:

Some of us with high HCs are short hitters - so we always find that ball that dribbles out of bounds or into the hazard - as much as sometimes we would like our playing partners to let that ball die

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!