IGNORED

Golf Pants?

Note: This thread is 4813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My personal preference/opionion...

In Wisconsin its either playing in cold or hot weather.  I bought a pair of Izod golf pants last year...I wore it once and that was in March...Summer time I'm 100% shorts, in the middle of fall 2010 I bought some wind/rain pants, from October through November 2010, long undies and my wind/rain pants was by far the most comfortable...for me...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

With all the new golf gear coming out now anyone waiting for there golf shop to add new golf apparel? Still on the fence about getting a pair of golf pants. How are Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, and Puma stuff?

Nike pants run about an inch shorter in the length...adidas and under armour are awesome...i have 2 sets of under armour pants with the pocket by the right knee...i have a pair of adidas in khaki...both are excellent wrinkle free wise...i have a pair of nike grey pants that i haven't played in yet, just worn to the office once...no complaints. Oh, UA and Adidas pants have very flexible fabric with plenty of give as well. Nike, not so much.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Gioguy thanks for the response. I was looking at UA or Adidas. Good to know about the length issue. Kind of like the Puma pants simple but $80 per pair is a bit steep.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Gioguy thanks for the response. I was looking at UA or Adidas. Good to know about the length issue. Kind of like the Puma pants simple but $80 per pair is a bit steep.

You might want to check out dicks. i went there with my bud at lunch, they had adidas leftovers from last year, just solid, plain almost dress type slacks for a crazy $8.98...i bought a second pair of khaki's and a pair in black. at the very least go to a place and try a pair on from diff brands to know about fit, check out globalgolf too. i just bought a pair of $130 rain pants for 70...deals are out there, NEVER PAY FULL RETAIL!

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

www.stungolf.com .  Their clearance stuff is $40 and they come in a wide variety of sizes and for the taller guys on here they come in unfinished length if you'd like so you can get them hemmed so they actually fit.  Very breathable, some crazy colors and patterns too if that's your thing.  I have two pair and I like them a lot.  Only thing is they definitely run a bit small in the waist.  I'm 6'6", 240 and 36" waist in anything and everything but I had to go to 38's for these.  Seeing as my inseam is 37" though having the length of these made it worthwhile.

I like the Cool 18 brand and pick them up at Kohl's.  Cool when it is warmer (they also make shorts) and warm enough for cooler days.  I like the pleated fronts (but that is personal preference).  Have become a big fan of micro-fiber and synthetics for golf - easy to maintain and lasts longer than cotton.  I'm a little bit of a clothes horse so having something that looks good but is practical is a "sweet spot" for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally broke down and bought 2 pairs of UA golf pants. Was getting tired of ruining my khakis. Anyway the pants are comfortable and fit nicely over my golf shoes. Paid more than I wanted to but oh well. I know can say I look the part but sadly still play the same.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I wear shorts 99% of the time and the few odd times when it was cold enough to wear pants, I wore the Izod microfibers that I usually sport at work.  I don't know if they are golf specific, but they do the job, look great and never wrinkle.

I love the Izod microfiber pants.  I wear them almost every round where pants are needed.  I am a shorts guy though.  I did buy a pair of Jack Nicklaus shorts though.  They have this little elastic strip (which you cannot see) in the waistband to give a little room when you crouch down to read the putt.  Very nice IMO

Originally Posted by lcfd42

I just wear regular pants. Pleated or flat front, and most any color works as long as it is coordinated with your shirt and accesories. Most of the time the only difference I have seen in "golf pants" is some of them have an extra little pocket on them or some material may be breathable, but not much else.

Same for me.  Most work places are business casual anymore as is my work, so pants that are not really nice enough for work I turn into golf pants.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I own quite a few pairs of pants and only 1 pair of shorts.

I love the adidas pants and shorts as they seem really light and breatheable especially on warm days.

I own a pair of:

White polo pants

Black adidas 3 stripe pants

Grey adidas climacool pants

2x blue city club pants

Khaki adidas climacool pants

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

'Pants' in the UK means a completely different thing so it's probably not suitable for me to post a photo of mine.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I just got these nike's in black.

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/307778/Nike/Men%27s_Core_Plaid_Short

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

I dont really have golf pants, I just buy khakis from a local department store for $20-$35.  Im not convinced that golf pants are so much better than khakis that its worth spending $80 instead of $35.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I wear the Tiger Woods Collection pants, shorts, shirts, shoes, and jackets. they are just extremly comfortable for me. and as a bonus not only do they come with an extra button in case one breaks, they also come with an extra Trojan sewn into the pants........just in case.

Keep it where the mowers go!

Originally Posted by andymane

I wear the Tiger Woods Collection pants, shorts, shirts, shoes, and jackets. they are just extremly comfortable for me. and as a bonus not only do they come with an extra button in case one breaks, they also come with an extra Trojan sewn into the pants........just in case.

Oddly enough he doesn't even wear his own collection of pants.  I liked the pipe like fit of the legs with the wider opening at the bottom and purchased a pair of his only to find out his are high end bespoke trousers that run $500/pair.

Originally Posted by MikeLowry5

only to find out his are high end bespoke trousers that run $500/pair.

Congrats, you've just been suckered by marketing! join the club there are thousands of us, just on this website alone!

You don't get me onto the course without a pair of golf pants, that's for sure. I probably got 6-7 pairs by now.

They are light, made partly (50-70%) of polyester so they dry fast and don't suck up moisture, plus they look good. If it's cold I put on some wool or super underwear. If it's raining, I put on a rain pant.

The ones I buy cost around $90-170 (norwegian prices), I got mostly Nike, but also some Peak Performance and maybe an Adidas too.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!