IGNORED

Farmers Insurance Open 2011

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaguru

Tiger stil shooting 3 under and not playing the 5's well is pretty promising.  He won't do that tom.  I expect him  to be 2-3 behind the leaders tom.

He is playing the tougher South Course tomorrow, although they did toughen the North Course by making the fairways very narrow. I saw several dips in his swing when I expected those to be out of there. He took 30 putts besides the 36% driving accuracy.

I just don't expect a cure in a day, or even 3 days, for a victory. Guess I expected less rust. He should have played last week if he wanted to win this week. But there is no winner until Sunday. So we'll see.

I'll bite, in a serious manner.

What is relevant in his swing? What should we be looking for?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He took 30 putts besides the 36% driving accuracy.

Tiger missed a lot of fairways by just a foot or two. Which sucks because the rough was deep, but still, I only remember one tee shot where he really missed, and that was one of the last few holes when his back foot slipped.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

He took 30 putts besides the 36% driving accuracy.

Tiger missed a lot of fairways by just a foot or two. Which sucks because the rough was deep, but still, I only remember one tee shot where he really missed, and that was one of the last few holes when his back foot slipped.

But the par 5's.

He parred them all. The coverage said it was due to his poor driving.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Driving home I heard on the radio daly at -5. T5 Give em he'll JD 10 more minutes until the rerun comes on

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

I would love to see Daly finish well. If Tiger doesn't win, I hope Daly does!!

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

being a huge fan of the white driver, let me be the first to say that Justin and dustin look ridiculous in thier matching nurse outfits..... Makes JD look like he has some fashion sense. Lmao
  • Upvote 1

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

Originally Posted by Camo

being a huge fan of the white driver, let me be the first to say that Justin and dustin look ridiculous in thier matching nurse outfits..... Makes JD look like he has some fashion sense. Lmao

it was very odd seeing them dressed alike and looking like painters. Who thought that was a solid idea? I actually think the driver head is ugly also but hey I hate the white belt look also.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Quote:

it was very odd seeing them dressed alike and looking like painters. Who thought that was a solid idea? I actually think the driver head is ugly also but hey I hate the white belt look also.

You know, I didn't put any thought into that until I just read this, but I think its kinda neat. A lot of white, but cool if it's meant to be part of a team mentality.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Ya it is a TM R11 promo What makes it more funny though is Phil playing with them all dressed in black trying to make man boobs look tough

Now that is funny - couldn't agree with you more.

I'll show up on Saturday and will prolly camp out near the bunker in back of the 13th green - time honored location near the food concession and the 11th, one of the toughest par 3s on the tour.  But don't tell anyone - it's a secret.  No riff raff allowed.

If Tiger doesn't hit the green with his second on the par 5 13th shot I'll be disappointed.  I'm psyched, but I'll be taping the Australian women's tennis final as well - nice sporting day if you ask me.

Go Phil.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

oh Jelous, what a great event to see live....enjoy...post up pics

The matching outfits looked silly. I get wearing the same cap to promote a new driver, but dressing up two competitors in identical clothing? I'd rather use what Fowler wore.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

phil has GOT to stop wearing those black pinstripe pants...he wears them all the time and they are NOT flattering.

GO TIGER!!!

Colin P.

Tiger has been at least 5 strokes back after the first round for 4 of his 6 wins at this tournaments. FWIW.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

He is playing the tougher South Course tomorrow, although they did toughen the North Course by making the fairways very narrow. I saw several dips in his swing when I expected those to be out of there. He took 30 putts besides the 36% driving accuracy.

I just don't expect a cure in a day, or even 3 days, for a victory. Guess I expected less rust. He should have played last week if he wanted to win this week. But there is no winner until Sunday. So we'll see.

Some good numbers put up on the South Course too. I think he'll be okay, but I also told someone he probably needed -5 today to seriously contend.

The dips are irrelevant. I don't care about them, and I think it's telling that's all Nick Faldo could talk about.

He's an idiot, I watch with the volume turned down lower than normal just because of him.  There are only a few announcers I can't take and he is right up there with Chris Collinsworth. Anyway, rant over.

I think the golf swing needs to be more like a fingerprint and less like a "right way" or "wrong way". I hope Tiger does well today, but I am ready to see some of the young guys like Fowler keep it going.  A few really good players would be better for golf than 1 superman.  It will create some rivalries so to speak (as in the past) and give people more to look forward to on Sunday when at least one of them is in contention. Totally different sport but Nascar is going through the superman thing with Johnson right now and I dont think it is helping the overall fan base like when there were several guys fighting for the championship each year.

Edit: Sorry for the all over the place post, a lot going on in this thread.

Originally Posted by colin007

phil has GOT to stop wearing those black pinstripe pants...he wears them all the time and they are NOT flattering.

GO TIGER!!!

At least he wore a shirt a little bigger. The one's he wore last year were 2 sizes too small.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Tiger's driving wasn't as bad at the fairway's hit percentage showed.  He was getting a TON of roll on a couple of drives where the ball hit the fairway and rolled into the rough so that stat doesn't tell the whole story.  The only driver he missed badly was on the hole where hit hit it into the bunker.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

AK seems to be striking his irons well today from how he's started

EDIT: he's on fire at the minute

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 4863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!