IGNORED

What golfers do you root against?

Todd Ruggere
Note: This thread is 3484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know about root against any particular player, but I always hope to see any pro "athlete" with a fat beer belly and man boobs kell over from a heart attack. How these fat slobs think they are "athletes " is beyond me. Ok, maybe keeling over dead is a bit harsh, but you get the idea. If you are going to be a professional athlete golfer.....get your ass in the gym and stay in shape. I don't want to see your fat gut hanging out of your lavender polyiester shirt.

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

Jeff Overton - didn't like him anyway and after the ridiculous over reaction in the Ryder Cup, no interest. Throw Leonard in on the same basis.

JB Holmes, Crane, Furyk - get moving

Baddeley, Lehman, Z.Johnson, Cink et al - would prefer not to hear another winning speech from any of them

Sport is no fun unless you have some anti heroes, bit hard to find them in golf.

Boo Weekley, Ryan Moore, Geoff Ogilvy, Ian Poulter, Rory Sabbatini, Sergio Garcia, Robert Allenby.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MSchott

I don't root against any golfer and find some of the petty reasons for doing so in this thread amazingly childish. Root against Fowler because you don't like his hat? Really?

If you mean me, I didn't say I rooted against him. Someone else said they did and I said he seems like a nice guy. I actually kinda root for him. As I said, I don't really root against anyone. I also said I don't mind the colors.

But I don't like painters' hats on the PGA on Ricky or anyone else.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Originally Posted by Radford Wooly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robato

Ian Poulter. This guy talks so much shi* for a guy who hasn't won big. He thinks the future of golf is Tiger and him.

Ricky Fowler. An X-Games wannabe, headache of color. Can't root for a guy that disagrees with Arnold Palmer.

Lee Westwood. Chokes too much. Walks like an uptight, stuffed dork.

Ryo Ishikawa. Overrated. Everyone thinks he's the best from Japan, can't even win in Japan now.

Rory McIlroy. Looks like a clown.

LMAO!!!!

That pretty spot on in my book except you needed to add tiger in the #1 position

I cant stand this guy on or off the course.

Adams 9065LD 8.5* with a Nunchuk shaft
Adams CB1 gw-4i with Project X 6.0 shafts , Mizuno MT-11 58* wedge
Callaway Steelhead 3
Tour Exotics Hybrid 16* and 18*
Ping long putter

Originally Posted by inthehole

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Anyone who uses a long putter, either belly or broomstick.

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like long putters and the golfers who use them.

Golfers who use long putters are admirable because they have found a superior way to putt, and despite being looked down upon for doing it, have the courage to use them.

Kind of ironic that someone who calls himself "Fourputt" doesn't like long putters.

What's baffling to me is how someone can get so worked up about long putters but have no problem with a 460cc, multi-material titanium carbon fiber whatever driver.  And if you're one of those people who hates both...then good for you, I guess.

Originally Posted by Texian

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Anyone who uses a long putter, either belly or broomstick.

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like long putters and the golfers who use them.

Golfers who use long putters are admirable because they have found a superior way to putt, and despite being looked down upon for doing it, have the courage to use them.

Kind of ironic that someone who calls himself "Fourputt" doesn't like long putters.

the whole long putter thing to me is stretching the rule book (if you want me to call it legalized cheating, so be it).     We should all have to use the same general type of instrument for putting - a long putter in no way resembles a conventional putter mechanically.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I don't use a long putter, but I don't see the problem with one.  To me a long putter more closely resembles a traditional putter than a 350cc, 400cc, or 460cc driver resembles every driver ever used up until the 90's.  It's not even close.  It's even more disparate in terms of comparable performance gains.

the whole long putter thing to me is stretching the rule book (if you want me to call it legalized cheating, so be it).     We should all have to use the same general type of instrument for putting - a long putter in no way resembles a conventional putter mechanically.

• Upvote 1

Hmm...let's see:

John Daly: Big baby, dresses like he's color-blind

Ian poulter: Same reasons as JD

Johnny Vegas: Can't putt, sweet name though

Ernie Els: Just don't like his face.

Lee westwood: #1 my ass

Graeme McDowell: Just flat out hate him.

Thats all I got right now...

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

Would it be easier to say you just don't like foreigners (JD aside).

Gmac, good man, sense of humour, loves life, smashes it. Think you are on the money, I don't like him, would prefer to cheer for a college clone.

Originally Posted by TaylorMadeTaylor

Hmm...let's see:

Originally Posted by TaylorMadeTaylor

Hmm...let's see:

ok, I'll give you that

def agree

yep

ok

def

No way - GMac is the man !

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by PiustheDrGolf

Bubba Watson being as a crying baby

Kenny Perry being as a cheater

Tiger Wood being as a same old cocky Tiger

The only time I have seen Bubba cry is when he is talking about his dad or when he thought his wife had cancer.  That does not make him a crying baby.  he's human cut him some slack

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

Glad somebody got this thing back on track after I almost hi-jacked it about long putters.

There are a few I like less, don't hate any, but always pull against Tiger because he was such an overwhelming favorite. I like underdogs. I once thought Tiger was doing things the right way and was great for the game, but now I don't care if he wins another major, or another tournament of any kind. If he can get through the mess he's caused his family and help his kids become happy and productive adults, I'll get back on his side.

Again, back on track. The golfer who is least likable to me is Fuzzy Zoeller. His happy-go-lucky attitude just seems too contrived.

Too contrived? What in the Lee Trevino and Chi Chi Rodriquez are you talking about?

Originally Posted by Texian

Glad somebody got this thing back on track after I almost hi-jacked it about long putters.

There are a few I like less, don't hate any, but always pull against Tiger because he was such an overwhelming favorite. I like underdogs. I once thought Tiger was doing things the right way and was great for the game, but now I don't care if he wins another major, or another tournament of any kind. If he can get through the mess he's caused his family and help his kids become happy and productive adults, I'll get back on his side.

Again, back on track. The golfer who is least likable to me is Fuzzy Zoeller. His happy-go-lucky attitude just seems too contrived.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

There are alot of people against Tiger here, but awhile  back when there was a golfer elimination thread, didn't Tiger win?

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

Note: This thread is 3484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!