IGNORED

Headcovers (Covers) For Irons

ChgMan
Note: This thread is 2794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How come this subject never can be discussed without a bunch of morons in here flaming and calling everything gay? Are people in here really not more grown up? Is golf not a gentleman sport, if so, does that not apply in here?

I do agree with you....however, I think we are all just giving each other cr@p and not taking this too serious. That's the problem with forum and writing in general.....it's tough to convey voice inflection. Odds are, if I mett all of these guys I'd buy them all a round after a good round of golf.....even Sean....

What's in my bag:
Superquad Driver
19* and 22* Rescue Hybrids
4-PW MP 57 Irons
CG14 52* Gap Wedge CG12 56* SW CG12 60* Lob Wedge CO3-hI push them around with my Linksmen X-7 cart.

I do agree with you....however, I think we are all just giving each other cr@p and not taking this too serious. That's the problem with forum and writing in general.....it's tough to convey voice inflection. Odds are, if I mett all of these guys I'd buy them all a round after a good round of golf.....even Sean....

well said...thanks for not looking TOO much into things

Sean and I are mostly poking fun if irons covers r your thing, get at er....(but still gay .... ;) )
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

well said...thanks for not looking TOO much into things

Yeah, pretty much just trying to add something to an otherwise overdone topic.

If some dude wants to remove and replacing club covers 60+ times a round, that's his choice. Personally, I'd rather enjoy nature and enjoy my beverage. Now, on the other hand, if somebody I care deeply about was to gives me a set of iron covers and expect me to use them, that would be an awkward moment - so in case anyone is stuck for a golf related Father's day gift for me, I'm gonna voacalize my displeasure in advance - scratch those F'n things off your list.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yeah, pretty much just trying to add something to an otherwise overdone topic.

Sean, PM me your address. I have 4 leftover Mizzy iron covers that will look FABULOUS on those MP's of yours.....

What's in my bag:
Superquad Driver
19* and 22* Rescue Hybrids
4-PW MP 57 Irons
CG14 52* Gap Wedge CG12 56* SW CG12 60* Lob Wedge CO3-hI push them around with my Linksmen X-7 cart.

I guess everyone could make up an excuse for using the "gay" animal covers or the pom pom covers, but you said it, so it would definitely be your confession of the day. Don't call someone else on it if you're guilty. No way out of that one. Now, rip the lace off your drawers and get rid of the covers! Doesn't matter if your kid gave it to you or not. Your wife/kid's mother is the one that bought it so maybe she was just trying to tell you that she is aware of your "secret". You can step out of the closet now.

I'm the farthest from being gay and I'll continue to use my iron covers. I hate the sound of someone "rattling" down the fairway while driving the cart. That is very distracting and pretty "ghetto". If you don't use them, then you are probably one of those that yells at the ball to get on the green from the tee box! If you walk, then it's acceptable. Just don't run from hole to hole.

And yes, I'm adding to the BS. ;)

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

. . . I hate . . . the sound of someone "rattling" down the fairway while driving the cart. That is

Uh oh, how this guy get through the gate? He better not be using a power cart!!!!!!!!!

Jeezy Creezy - get a marsall over there! "Listen buddy, we have standards here, you can't cart without club covers." "Yes. I. Can." 2 days later . . . same course . . . "wheeeee . . . " "$%^&$&%%*%&" "Dude. Chill. Are you Canadian or something? Look, I'll wear my red hat - are we cool?"

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

thanks to everybody for their input LOL

My main focus is on my game.

Nike VR Str8-fit, 9.5, stiff flex
SQ Dymo 3 wood
SasQuatch SUMO 3HNike VR Full Cavity 4-AW, regular flexSV Tour 56 and 60 degree, black satin finish Studio Select Newport 1.5

Aren't all Canadians gay?

Just the ones who move to Florida - they're drawn there like a huge magnet. We call it a Fagnet.

LOL - no wonder people think golfers are weird.

i guarantee if the pros used iron covers most people would use them.

Ummm, no…..absolutely not.

Ya'll use em if you want, I honestly couldn't care less. To me they are a joke and complete waste of money and time. If a little bag chatter influenced the outcome of the shot I may consider using them. I swing the things into the ground and hit a hard white ball with them….If I was worried about dings, chatter, scratches, etc I'm sure I would suck at golf.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

They are only any use if you have forged irons that will get dings from hitting each other. Any sensible person would keep them on forged irons to increase their resale value, due to their better condition. Some are not that bothered about maybe picking up an extra £50 for their irons on resale, that's their choice.
Non forged irons do not need irons covers, unless the owner wishes to keep the noise down when walking if they have a large bag with just a few clubs in.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I recently updated my clubs to Ping S57's and thought about covers. But a few months ago I saw something much cooler. This guy that jumped into a group I was playing with on the back nine had a bag that had a plastic attachment of sorts. Rather than covers his clubs sat or snapped into place in these plastic dividers. That way the clubs didn't bang around and he got around all the gayness of having covers.

Anyone know who makes that device? I'm stuck between not wanting to ding up my new S57's and not wanting to appear gay

ogio.gif  Grom Stand Bag: Stealth
ping.gif     G15  10 .5, G10 3W,  5W, S-57 3-W, Tour-W 50, 5 6, 60 : Redwood Anser Black Satin 34.5"
titleist.gif     Ball: ProV1

Just the ones who move to Florida - they're drawn there like a huge magnet. We call it a Fagnet.

This is 100% true.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

• 2 months later...
Just curious on iron headcovers. I don't want my irons getting banged up... Any recommendations?

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Has been discussed on here many times.

I use them when my clubs are in the car (always in the trunk as dont have room in the house) save them rubbing against each other, but not on the course as they get in the way.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

• 8 months later...

Depending on what region you play in, iron could can trap moisture against the clubhead and contribute to rusting. Plus, iron covers can contribute to slow play

A former college player who now works for Golf Galaxy gave me this advice:

• Put covers on your irons before transporting them long distance.
  • Remove covers when you get to the tournament/vacation site, and leave them off during play.
  • At end of tournament/vacation, clean irons well, make sure they're dry, and then put the iron covers back on for the return trip.

My X20 Tours have a burnished, brushed finish to them, so I don't have to worry about bag wear.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by 85MPH

Looking to get a set of iron covers for a set of Titleist CBs, anyone have any recommendations or brands/models to avoid?

I don't know about Titleist, but I'm pretty sure that Mizuno suggests NOT having iron covers for their forged irons.   I think the idea is that they can trap moisture.   Any particular reason you're thinking of iron covers?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!