IGNORED

Tiger's giant spitwad

walk18
Note:Β This thread is 4805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Tiger is the Peter North of spitting golfers.

Current GearΒ Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW:Β Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12Β - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

• Administrator

Or, having stated your opinions, the both of you can just move on...

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's a lot of truth to the view that 1) TW gets much, much more scrutiny that just about anyone else which can result in bias (reporting or media bias); 2) his infractions on the course are not really that big of a deal, compared for example with cheating or otherwise taking unfair advantage of competitors.Β  Getting annoyed with yourself and spittingΒ at inopportune momentsΒ are not exactly capital offenses, even onΒ the sacred surface ...., 3) Β he is a man under an incredible amount of stress inΒ many ways, which is bound to result in a bit of visible strain.

People like me who are very critical of his private conductΒ (as it once was at least) need toΒ remember not to let that criticism spill over into judgement of the man on the course.Β  I try to do that but it isn't always easy.Β  I'm hoping he comes back a chastened but equally good or better golfer.Β  Interesting to watch in any event, I'm guessing he's facing much the biggest challenge of his life.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 degΒ stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60Β Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Administrator

Fred Couples spits.

Not on a green (which makes a difference). Dustin Johnson spat on the fringe. Etc.

It happens more than you think. Not on the greens, though - again, that makes a difference. But not an incredibly large one.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

C-mon you "guys". Look, I agree that what Woods did was bad golf etiquette. Ok, great. End of story right there. But you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill here. I don't spit on the greens. But I spit where ever the heck I please, anywhere else on the course. I chew tobacco. It is what it is. I don't care if you like it, or not. I'm not obvious about it. You wouldn't even necessarily know I was chewing, if you were in my group on the course. You guys are definitely overreacting to this whole deal, and are acting like a bunch of sissies.

Why is it that you don't spit on greens then?Β Β  I assume you don't think of yourself as a sissy ......

By the way, baccy chewing free-spitter that you are, how many non-chewing/non-spitting regular golf buddies do you have?

To each his own I guess.

Originally Posted by egehoski

I don't spit on the greens. But I spit where ever the heck I please, anywhere else on the course. I chew tobacco. It is what it is. I don't care if you like it, or not.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 degΒ stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60Β Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

C-mon you "guys". Look, I agree that what Woods did was bad golf etiquette. Ok, great. End of story right there. But you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill here. I don't spit on the greens. But I spit where ever the heck I please, anywhere else on the course. I chew tobacco. It is what it is. I don't care if you like it, or not. I'm not obvious about it. You wouldn't even necessarily know I was chewing, if you were in my group on the course. You guys are definitely overreacting to this whole deal, and are acting like a bunch of sissies.

Rightly or wrongly, people are going to judge you on your behaviour. If you don't care what others think of your manners and think that people are making a big deal over nothing, that's fine, but the attitudes of some of the repondents to this topic are revealing information about themselves that most would prefer not to be public. I really can't see why one would not be embarrassed about having the manners of a pig. This act confirms in the minds of many that Tiger is completely lacking in class. Hardly something to defend,aspire to or even ignore.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

I do think the spitting thing has been blown way out of proportion, yes it's disgusting to see and he should've spat elsewhere I agree.Β  The thing that really bothered me watching Tiger play was when the camera shot to two young American girls, one wearing an American flag dress and the other with a stuffed tiger as a hat, obviously there to see Tiger play.Β  Tiger is on the green putting, he misses the putt and the audio was too low to hear, but obvously let out a huge, "God D***** Tiger!"Β  That is unacceptable behavior.Β  Why in a crowd of people would you use language like that?Β  Especially in a crowd with young children?Β  Makes me think twice about taking my son to a tournament to watch his favorite golfer.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny how the people who are supporting Tiger Woods, are claiming that everybody does it, they are just not in the same "highlight" like the fallen hero.

Well you can FO with your Woods.

I would never do it.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Hey Bob

It's funny how the people who are supporting Tiger Woods, are claiming that everybody does it, they are just not in the same "highlight" like the fallen hero.

Do you know for a fact whether they're accurate? Did you watch the Northern Trust? Did you notice fan favorite Fred Couples (I like the guy too) spitting repeatedly on Saturday and Sunday? Ever been to a PGA Tour event? I won't say they all spit, but a lot - perhaps even the majority - spit. On tees, fairways, fringes, greens.

That's not to excuse it in the least. Just to bring some facts to light.

No excuses guys Tiger is a disgusting animal for spitting on the green, the only other golfer I have ever seen spit on a green(in the cup) is Garcia , another disgusting animal. All the years I've been watching golf , never ever ever did I see any other golfers spit on greens, both of these players have the same attitude, both are spoiled whiney disgusting dirty dirty animals. For christ sake it's golf the gentlemans game".
  • Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Sweetswing

No excuses guys Tiger is a disgusting animal for spitting on the green, the only other golfer I have ever seen spit on a green(in the cup) is Garcia , another disgusting animal.

All the years I've been watching golf , never ever ever did I see any other golfers spit on greens, both of these players have the same attitude, both are spoiled whiney disgusting dirty dirty animals.

For christ sake it's golf the gentlemans game".

heres couples spitting on the green a few weeks ago, is he an animal too?

http://yfrog.com/69x7gz

Originally Posted by RedFox999

heres couples spitting on the green a few weeks ago, is he an animal too?

http://yfrog.com/69x7gz

That looked like it could have been the fringe, and was probably nowhere near the hole. If you look at Tiger's, he right near the hole and someone will very likely have to putt through that. That was the only issue to me. You pick up your ball and it has spit on it, that's nasty.

Originally Posted by walk18

That looked like it could have been the fringe, and was probably nowhere near the hole. If you look at Tiger's, he right near the hole and someone will very likely have to putt through that. That was the only issue to me. You pick up your ball and it has spit on it, that's nasty.

yea its not near the hole, which is different than what Tiger did I agree.

Note:Β This thread is 4805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!