IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee Is the Biggest Tiger Hater

franky21
Note: This thread is 3885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I don't know...let's see...97 Masters...lapping the field at the US Open...14 majors... 6 Us Ams...would you change that winning formula for a couple more fairways? As far as Kaymer goes, he isn't even on the same planet as Woods, in fact, there was more distance between Phil and Tiger (2 and 1 in rankings) than there was between Phil and # 100.  The guy was untouchable, why he felt he needed to overhaul (not tweak) is beyond me and apparently Brandel Chamblee as well. I seriously don't understand the thinking.

His knee was shredding out from under him.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's comical how people can judge something so quickly. All I'll say is "Rome wasn't built in day."

Originally Posted by jamo

Especially in the mainstream sports media. The common theme on ESPN seems to be that Tiger's swing was perfection with Hank Haney, up and to the point that Haney dumped him (another often-forgotten fact).

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Wasn't Kostis a swing coach and putter designer for years before appearing on TV? That's what I recall, but I could be wrong.

Yep, swing guy first...started in TV in the early 90s.

Originally Posted by turtleback

His knee was shredding out from under him.

So how exactly will the new swing help his knee out versus the old swings? Has the running, conditioning, weight lifting, and outside athletics contributed to the knee issue? Because if it is solely from the golf swing, it will happen again.

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

It's comical how people can judge something so quickly. All I'll say is "Rome wasn't built in day."

But when Nero was fiddling, it burned down pretty quickly too.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Chamblee's comments are very pointed and I'm not so sure they aren't the things many members of the media have always wanted to say but didn't as they were afraid of the wrath that upper management would bring on them.  At this point he doesn't carry much weight with the media and his ill treatment of them is probably as much back lash from years past as it is them being haters.

Most people either love him, or hate him, I am neither one, but those that love him will see any negative remarks as being a hater.  I think Chamblee is just being brutally honest, he has some very valid points, maybe some are over the top, but the show wants some contraversy and he is delivering.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

My argument is give the guy a chance to prove himself when he actually is fit and has enough time to practice. Tiger hadn't swung a golf club in months, and all of a sudden they expect him to be able to win tournaments with a swing he is still learning.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

My argument is give the guy a chance to prove himself when he actually is fit and has enough time to practice. Tiger hadn't swung a golf club in months, and all of a sudden they expect him to be able to win tournaments with a swing he is still learning.

That is my point exactly, last time Tiger played well he almost walked away with another green jacket. Since then he has been injured hasn't been able to practice at all and fired his caddy. To not have a guy there to help you read putts and give you pointers when you need them doesn't help especially when your trying to shake the rust off. Before we jump down Foley's throat lets give him some time to work with a healthy a clear minded Tiger. I hope no one here really expected Tiger to win in these last 2 tournaments. He is healthy which means he can finally practice the way he likes to which is all the time. So lets give him a shot before we hang him up and start stoning him.

I routinely phase out when Chamblee starts talking.

The guy endorses a flippy belt hip clearing mechanism.

Take his 'expertise' with a grain of salt.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

BC is excellent because love or hate him....viewers repond to his rants...

Bottom line on Tiger...If he returns to Florida and seclusion........with out playing the rest of the summer (Nationwide, Fall series, or European Tour)

his swing is not his biggest problem...........delusion is.........

and his own assessment of the state of his game has been way off for years.....

Delusion is no more of a problem for Tiger than it is for any successful/great professional athlete.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

See I am not sure I can agree about Butch's swing or Haney's swing methods are the cause for tearing up Tiger's knee. I mean honestly if that is case, Tiger Woods is absolutely screwed for his future. I just don't see "how" their particular swings are the cause of his knee issues, and how Foley's swing methods are so "different" from the motion and torque of the body that is doesn't affect his left knee anymore.

My father, who knows nothing of the S&T; methods, made an interesting comment about Tiger's post 1st round comments. He said the termniology Tiger kept referring to made it sound like he was in a cult or something, LMAO. I went on to explain to him that there is a community that follows the S&T; methodologies and that many traditional golf analytics don't agree or respect it, but that the terms he is using refers to items related to S&T.;

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Foley's a student and instructor of S&T; principles which some people don't consider a swing approach that should be used by the pro's.  Foley's also made a few enemies himself with his own comments, so those two combined make him an easy target.  I don't understand S&T; enough to condemn it or defend it, but what I do know is that Tigers swing with Harmon and Haney tore his left knee up to the point it is today so I don't see either of them as Tigers answer.  I'm pretty sure Harmon doesn't wany anything to do with Tiger now and Haney at one time might have been a great swing coach, but seeing his show on the golf channel has caused me to lose some respect for him.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by majorchamp

My father, who knows nothing of the S&T; methods, made an interesting comment about Tiger's post 1st round comments. He said the termniology Tiger kept referring to made it sound like he was in a cult or something, LMAO. I went on to explain to him that there is a community that follows the S&T; methodologies and that many traditional golf analytics don't agree or respect it, but that the terms he is using refers to items related to S&T.;

Unfortunately (perhaps for Tiger, perhaps for others), Tiger's not really learning S&T.; He's learning what Foley picked up from Mike and Andy, mixed with whatever little he knew before-hand. Tiger would have never been swinging 10 degrees right like he was under a competent S&T; guy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...

No doubt about it. Even Charlie Rymer called Brandel the prince of darkness during one of the golf channel sessions. Charlie obviously recognized that Brandel is just plain bitter. Every time he is on TV he can't resist the temptation to criticize Tiger. I remember Brandel crying the blues because Tiger doesn't give good interviews in the media room to the media. The guy comes across like he was personally hurt by Tiger and never got over it. And because of it he has become the worst golf announcer/anal-yst in recent history. Brandel is overly prudish and arrogant. Tiger doesn't owe Brandel or any members of the media a damn thing, these are the same people that barbequed him during he's worst times. Sure a lot of it was Tiger's own doing, but boy how they enjoyed a good kick while he was down. Tiger knows the media is never interested in truth, just an opportunity to create another controversy. They're always waiting to see if he slips up, so they can send out the jackals. They smile at him from the front, while daggering him in the back at the same time.

Originally Posted by umuddafadda

I think that since Tiger won @ Arnie's he should go from having *everything about everything* re: him

discussed 99% of the time, instead of just the 98% of the time it has been for the past few years.

Golf Channel may have to go to a 25 hour a day format for the Tiger coverage...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Brandel was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and I caught most of it on my way to work. Brandel started by absolutely worshiping the ground Tiger walked on, commenting on how much he's won, with four different swings, and how he's the best player and can win Augusta even when he's not playing well. Then he commented on the incident on the 15th tee on Saturday with the screaming lady, and his tone on Tiger changed. He said that any normal person's first reaction would have been if the kid was okay because that takes priority over anything anyone is doing on a golf course., but Tiger didn't ask how the kid was. He went on to accuse Tiger of being completely self absorbed and obsessed with golf; basically said the guy wasn't human.

This thread was on my mind while I was listening.

Originally Posted by Jwat381

Then he commented on the incident on the 15th tee on Saturday with the screaming lady, and his tone on Tiger changed. He said that any normal person's first reaction would have been if the kid was okay because that takes priority over anything anyone is doing on a golf course., but Tiger didn't ask how the kid was.

Well, I don't think Tiger knew what had happened, nor was he the best person to do anything about it.

But screaming is just stupid.   Do something or get someone else to do something.  Screaming only makes sense if there's no-one else in sight and you need someone to come running.

He was talking about after the fact in the press conference. Tiger said he had heard that there was a kid who fainted, but because he didn't ask how the kid was or if he was ok, Brandel saw it as an opportunity to comment on Tiger's personality, or lack there of.

Originally Posted by BruceMGF

Well, I don't think Tiger knew what had happened, nor was he the best person to do anything about it.

But screaming is just stupid.   Do something or get someone else to do something.  Screaming only makes sense if there's no-one else in sight and you need someone to come running.

Note: This thread is 3885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!