IGNORED

Your picks for Doral 2011?

Note: This thread is 3791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I still think Tiger is a couple weeks away from being a major contender, but he is always capable of winning this event.  He has played really well at Doral in the past, and there isn't any reason he won't play somewhat decent golf this week.

As far as a winner goes, the first two golfers who come to mind are Graeme McDowell and Martin Kaymer.  They are playing well as of late, and they have plenty of game to win at this venue.  Hunter Mahan is another guy who comes to mind because of his great overall golf game.  He is long and straight enough off the tee to put himself in great position, and his iron play is usually solid as well.  If he can putt well, he will be a factor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mcfc_nick

one name - Tiger Woods

No offense, but we're getting near stopped clock territory.

Originally Posted by walk18

I just read Tiger was wild off the tee in his practice round. Not sure he's ready yet.

I'll go with Hunter this week.

Where did you read this?

Originally Posted by AndersT

My brain says McDowell, but I have a gut feeling Tiger will play some good golf this week

Srixon versus Nike (or "Niki" as one guy on here insists) and Callaway. Another group features TM v. PING v. Cobra.  Very interesting.

They should try groupings based on OEM - all 3 guys from one team, just like cylcling.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Where did you read this?

i read it too, walked with foley during practice round and was spraying many shots. Walked to 18 and sprayed one into the water, smiled and then did the same thing again, this time had a more serious face. Teed it up for third time and hits it into right ruff. His follow through and release is weird, definitly doesnt look like foleys other players.

Is this when I should say Hunter Mahan?

It is more fun to pick players after the first two rounds. It's so much left up to chance, performances going up and down each week. After the first two rounds you got some indication of who will be around and who is at +4.

I'll go with Kaymer.

Note: This thread is 3791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Might be slow, but I'm sorta liking these guys...
    • Slow play is not keeping up with the group in front, unless its a group of really fast players.   The question is how to remedy it.  I play with guys who shoot high 70’s low 80’s whose pre-shot routines are intermidable.  In addition they are elderly and just move slow.  So as the young-un in the group I rush, especially on the green.  They play from the correct tees, it just takes them forever to go thru their routine.   Yesterday I played as a single.  Arrived at the course at 3 and was told to be off before 5 due to league play. I finished in 92 mins and played thru two other groups.  My goal is to not 3 putt and no 7’s on the card.  Shot 85. High scores does not automatically mean slow play.  
    • Day 63, July 27, 2021: Three-quarter swing work again today, hey I may lose a little bit of distance, but I know where the ball is going. Rinse, Repeat, keep working on it kind of deal. I’m having small successes with the 3/4 swing so something must be working.
    • Day 153.  Before grocery shopping, I stopped at a putting green and worked for half an hour on 3' and 30' putts.  The end of the 3' practice included taking 17 shots to finish all 12 for my clock drill (not great, but not as bad as a month ago) and the 30' finished with my final six putts from 30' (due to this green, they weren't significantly different on the clockface, so I'm still getting a similar read, but I know better than to assume it.  And of course, I had to hit them the right speed) with a total of 11 strokes (five 2-putts and I also sank one). After lunch and before gym, I did the quarantine days 9 (again, with feedback from yesterday) + 10 (which took a while to get right... I'm not even sure I got it right, video to show up later today). Addendum:  I haven't figured out my trigger for the day 10 practice plan.  That's going to take me a bit more thought
    • MD: 89 (Black/Orange combo tees): 89. Up and down sandy on 17th was nice. One of my better sand shots of the week.  SV: 98 (Black tees).. Tough day. Bit too much of a course for me from black tees. Drive on 18 uphill was a bright spot that stood out though.  SV: 89 (Orange tees).. phew.. much better. 2nd shot on 16 uphill from 198 out over bunker with a borrowed 3 iron (thanks @DeadMan.. :-)) that dropped and stopped within a two feet for a kick-in might be the shot of the week for me.  LL: 92, 92 back-to-back on the same day. Tried my darndest hard to break 90 but couldn't twice. Best shot 8 iron on 7th par 3 from 155 for a bird.  Lac La Bell: 107. Forgettable day score-wise except for holes 15-16 where I finally hit couple of good drives.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. 3putt71
      3putt71
      (64 years old)
    2. cdutra40
      cdutra40
      (22 years old)
    3. Doovy
      Doovy
      (27 years old)
    4. JLeeWildcat9
      JLeeWildcat9
      (35 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...