IGNORED

My Swing (calcnation)

calcnation
Note: This thread is 2601 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have two bad shots.  One is a super block, I mean off the course to the right.  Typically its well hit but just 50-75 yards right.  The next one will then be a smother hook.  I mean smothered.  2 terrible shots that I cannot fix.  Any thoughts on what is causing this?

probably getting the club stuck behind you, you cant time the impact well, so the face is either wide open, or for a push square to the swing path, or you try not to push it and you close it down and hook the crap out of it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Basically you are coming way too inside/out.  You need to get on plane as opposed to underplane.  but it is hard to tell what you need to do without seeing exactly what you are doing.

watch to see that you are turning your shoulders in your backswing and not just swinging your arms.  like saevel said you could be getting the club stuck behind you.

If this is the case start with your takeaway.  be sure that you have a one peice takeaway and not an armswing takeaway.  that will help to make sure that the club isnt starting out behind your body.

then another drill you can do is to put tees or gloves under your armpits and swing with them not coming out.

i think of having a T (the top of the T being my shoulders and the vertical part of the T being the club) in my swing.  you dont want the vertical part of the T to move too far toward the top part.  so to sum it all up, your shoulders take the club away, not your hands.  this is what is meant by keeping your arms and your body connected.

• 1 year later...

Sorry bro, I should have directed you here first. I'm sure the mods will fix you up...

http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I've been Playing Golf for: 30 years

My current handicap index or avera ge score is: 6

My typical ball flight is: slight fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: chunk/fat iron shots

Videos:

Originally Posted by calcnation

Ball striking consistency is terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XH-fLbjWCQ

beautiful impact position, wonderful flat left wrist at impact, nice steady head, hips forward.

whats going on?  its a really nice looking swing.  are you just not hitting the ball consistent distances?

Colin P.

Eveything looks really good in most of your swing. You need to work on the flip at impact, you are throwing the club too much through imapct. Look at the blue lines in the image below.

Here is a drill to help you with that.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

beautiful impact position, wonderful flat left wrist at impact, nice steady head, hips forward. whats going on?  its a really nice looking swing.  are you just not hitting the ball consistent distances?

Hitting a lot of shots fat. That is my typical miss or weak right shot.

It looks like you are not regaining flexion in the downswing and your right knee buckles into the ball....  And your not able to go back into extension until too late.  Like you are faking the finish because your lower center is off.

You need to get your legs, hips, arms and hands in better sequence.  Try this drill which will help you get your sequence down.  And increase your quality of strike.

Originally Posted by EverythingGolf

Eveything looks really good in most of your swing. You need to work on the flip at impact, you are throwing the club too much through imapct. Look at the blue lines in the image below.

Here is a drill to help you with that.

Are you sure?  Even in your still - which is after impact - the club is still not past the hands.  The line from club through hands to shoulder is perfectly straight, just like your pro model (is that Goosen?).

The difference I notice is how much higher the left shoulder is - which is something I struggle with as well.  I don't have any drills for it, per se, I just try to keep the left shoulder down longer.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Are you sure?  Even in your still - which is after impact - the club is still not past the hands.  The line from club through hands to shoulder is perfectly straight, just like your pro model (is that Goosen?).

The difference I notice is how much higher the left shoulder is - which is something I struggle with as well.  I don't have any drills for it, per se, I just try to keep the left shoulder down longer.

I struggle with the same thing (right shoulder well below the left at impact).... But you need to swing more horizontally versus vertically with the upper torso and shoulders on the downswing.  The pitching video with Dana - you can see the pattern of how the shoulders turn through the ball. Right shoulder needs to fire faster.  Practice that pitching motion that Dana has in the video, and you will start to feel more of the horizontal rotation that is required in the swing pattern.

But as I stated... I believe he has issues with his lower center and thus why he looks like he is faking his finish.

Note: This thread is 2601 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!