IGNORED

"One in a Million" (aka WTF) Moments

Stretch
Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Fraser

1. My brother was playing a friend and there were holes going in opposite directions. Two balls collided in mid air!

Winner.  That is unbelievable.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've got two.

Playing in a highschool tournament, somewhere in Texas (I think San Antonio, but really don't remember).  Guy I was playing with was all over the course.  We get to a par-3, maybe 160 yards.  He hits a low hooking screamer that rockets over the left side of the green, hits a tree, bounces back onto the green, and into the hole.

On the range at Padre Isles CC in Corpus Christi, TX before another HS tourney.  It's a really windy course, and I was practicing hitting hard, low 2-irons.  I hit a bullet up the middle of the fairway, just as a seagull was flanking the range.  The ball hit the seagull, mid-flight, squarely in the head, and it tumbled to the ground, dead.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I was following a group once and there was a wait on the par3 tee so my group watched a guy hit a terrible tee shot straight in the woods, was spit out,  and went into the cup for an ace.  Crazy stuff......

I have a funny bad-luck par 3 story of my own:  The course had the style of pins that are fat in the middle and skinny at the ends and I proceed to hit a very nice shot...........it bounces squarely off the top of the flag-stick and bounces high and directly into a bush over the green.  I was forced to take an unplayable and scored a DB 5.  The funny part is my ball broke the plastic nut that secured the flag, and the flag dropped to "Half Mast" !  It was pretty funny....  The flag dropped until it hit the fat middle part of the pin..LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Last year I began playing golf again. I was taking lessons again to get my swing back, but it was in a group of about 5 people.we were playing a practice round on the course. It was a par 3 hole and everyone was on their second shot. The golf instructer is explaining a chip shot, about 20 yards to the hole. He tells me to go first, and I hit a solid chip. It rolls straight into the hole and there is silence for a few seconds. What an example that was for the others!

I have two....and believe it or not both of these stories happened in the same year. 1) Last year I was lucky enough to get to play a round of golf with Alice Cooper...hence my profile pic. He was in town to do a show and my head pro got a call from his manager asking if Vincent (Alice Copper's real name) could come out and play. But he didn't have anyone to play with so he asked if there was someone who would pick him up and play with him. I am a musician myself, so they asked me if I wanted to pick him up and play with him. I picked him up in my 2009 ford focus and he couldn't have been nicer...Talk about a weird car ride. We ended up playing a team game against our head pro and GM..."Rockers" vs "Pros"...we lost. He birdied the first hole but it went down hill from there...our course is quite penalizing and if you don't know where you are going, you will lose a lot of balls. The scorecard said he shot 88 but it was more like 98....I definitely threw him a lot of mulligan balls...and said he doesn't take anything over a double while he's out on tour. It was an awesome day...he couldn't have been cooler. We talked music the entire round and he told me CRAZY stories about him hanging and partying with everyone from Jim Morrison to The Beatles. Fun fact: When he was partying the most in the 70's, his family, friends and bandmates told him that if he doesn't stop partying so hard and hanging with Jim Morrison and that crowd, they were done with him. He said the reason he lived and Jim died was because he had better friends. jim's friends just pushed him to be crazier where as his actually cared about him and his well being. So Vincent found god and golf, and jim's obviously died. He said that he would have for sure been dead if it wasn't for that ultimatum. He also asked to listen to my CD on the drive back to his hotel and ended up taking it with him. It was too cool!! Lastly, he gave us and our wives tickets to the show and backstage passes. It was awesome! 2) I'll make this one short.. I was making the turn at Old Oak Country Club in Orland Park, IL and right when I was getting ready to tee off I heard a voice yell " I hear you guys are playing for the big bucks, you mind if I join you guys. And it was no other than one of my child hood idols, Bo Jackson. I wish I could say this was as good of an experience as it was with Alice Cooper, but it wasn't. He was cocky and to be honest kind of a jerk. It wasn't that he was rude to us really...other than the fact or didn't let us take a picture or get an autograph. we actually got in a 30 minute rain delay where we sat under a pavilion with him and all he did was tell us stories about him some of his teammates having sex with all these guy's wives. His quote was "Don't ever let your wife go get an autograph from a professional athlete because she will get F%$cked" And we weren't asking to hear these stories...he just started telling them like we were going to be like...Wow, you are so cool for ruining peoples lives. I initially was so excited to play him, but by the 6 hole, I was over it. And I should have taken up on that gambling offer because I whooped his ass!!! I shot even on the back with a double and he probably shot 44...he was being a big baby and didn't finish the 9th hole. and I was constantly hitting it by him which was fun. I actually talked a little trash to him after hitting my 3 wood past his driver and he gave me this look like he was going to tear my head off. I shut up real quick. But all bo knows is being an ass! So disappointed!!!
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

1) Alice Cooper (snip) .....88 but it was more like 98....I definitely threw him a lot of mulligan balls...and said he doesn't take anything over a double while he's out on tour.

2) Bo Jackson........ "Don't ever let your wife go get an autograph from a professional athlete because she will get F%$cked" And we weren't asking to hear these stories..........Wow, you are so cool for ruining peoples lives

1) A.C.      Why was he "scoring "?    I like him, though.

2)  B.J.    How is he ruining people's lives? If someone's wife is stupid enough to want to shag a professional athlete just like that, she's the one ruining people's lives.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Gotta agree with you there on #2.  It isn't the athlete's fault, it is the fault of women with no respect for her husband.

Originally Posted by Shorty

2)  B.J.    How is he ruining people's lives? If someone's wife is stupid enough to want to shag a professional athlete just like that, she's the one ruining people's lives.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by Yukari

Gotta agree with you there on #2.  It isn't the athlete's fault, it is the fault of women with no respect for her husband.

I don't think it was what he did as a young athlete was that annoying but the fact that as a 35-40 year old man he chose to tell several stories about his conquests to a group of strangers he had just met and had known for little over an hour was the part that made him look like a tool.  Also the emphasis on married women made it seem like he enjoyed making others look foolish.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

I think you missed my point completely...

Originally Posted by mad max

I don't think it was what he did as a young athlete was that annoying but the fact that as a 35-40 year old man he chose to tell several stories about his conquests to a group of strangers he had just met and had known for little over an hour was the part that made him look like a tool.  Also the emphasis on married women made it seem like he enjoyed making others look foolish.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Teeing off from the blues with my buddies standing behind me on the right side of the box. I hit a low screamer that never gets more then 6 inches off the ground. The ball hits the white tee marker dead center, the ball rockets straight backwards, knee high, heading straight for my buddies, who don't even have time to react. The ball somehow misses all of them and ends up in a creek that runs behind the tee box. Stunned silence and shocked stares from my partners until they burst out into laughter, as I hit 3 off the tee without even the satisfaction of watching the ball at least fly into the woods 200 yards down the fairway.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

One time my brother and I were playing and we were on the 15th or 16th hole.  I was using my driver from the tee.  I swung at the ball and the head of the driver flew off the hosel. I did not hit the ground or anything, I hit the ball and the head just flew off.  So I asked my brother to borrow his driver which he has just bought used.  I tee up the ball and swing, hit the ball again, no ground or anything, and the head of his driver goes flying off the hosel.  So two broken drivers on consecutive swings.

That was a very expensive round because I had to get mine and my brother's drivers repaired.

So me, my younger brother and my dad were playing our favorite 18 hole public course. We were stuck behind a two fathers with their sons, about age 11 or 12. They were playing father son vs father son. They would also play longest drive, all 4 would play the same drive. We get to the 12th hole, and its a pretty short par 5, easy to get home in 2. Their longest drive was in a bunker about 200 yards away. We sit in agony watching them hit out, they are slow, terrible, and take 10 minutes on every green. The last father hits out, drills a tree on the right side of the fairway, it comes whizzing past his head and bounces 30 yards behind the bunker. Haha justice prevails!!!

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

Originally Posted by Shorty

Originally Posted by Yukari

Originally Posted by mad max

Thank you, Mad max.  Thats what I was trying to say...I could give a crap what these athletes do...or who they do.  The point was that Bo just started telling us these stories out of nowhere...we didn't ask to hear how many ladies he hooked up with.   He could have told us about how he ran up the center field wall when he played for the royals or about some of this best rushing games or funny stories about other athletes, but instead he thought he would just start telling random stories about him screwing people's wives.  It was just weird!   If that's what you think is cool, then you probably aren't screwing anybody...let alone someone's wife.  just saying

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

This Fall I was playing at a course that was surrounded by houses. On 18, the fairway runs parallel to one of the neighborhood streets, with about 5 yards of rough and a couple of pine trees separating the fairway from the street. I pull a drive left, over one of the pine trees and it disappears for a second. I hear this *WHACK* and it bounces back into the fairway about 200 yards away. I booked it down the street to make sure I didn't hit a car or something, but it turns out I hit a mailbox. It was one of those molded plastic ones and there was a perfect dent right in the top of it, you could see dimples and everything.

I walked away whistling a little "nothing to see here" tune...

• 7 years later...

I’m gonna start this up again. This was from today. Our final hole is a beautiful par-3 over water (155 from whites). As I started my downswing, a strong gust of wind blew at my back, and kept blowing as my ball was in the air. What would’ve been a nice fade that safely made it over turned into an ugly slice that splashed 20 feet short.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

• iacas changed the title to "One in a Million" (aka WTF) Moments

I’m a teacher and a ex-student and today I was playing in a comp round with him and he hit a 6 iron 154yards  to 3 feet and knock the putt in.

It was extraordinary because he hit it out of a dam that had run dry and it was still muddy and not real solid under his feet.

Its probably the best single shot hit I have ever seen by an amateur or professional hit live. The fact that it was out of a dry up dam was a one in a million shot.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s an honorable mention. This was actually on my backyard golf course (tell me if I’ve already told this story). My 17th is a slightly downhill par-3, about 35 yards. Rough short, concrete path long, and a bunch of rocks and trees and other crap on the left. My dad and I were playing with foam practice balls, club of choice was most likely a 6I. His honor, he came up just short of the green. I pulled mine way left toward the junk, and I yelled, “Go right!” The ball listened. It hit one of the rocks 20 feet to the left of the green and ricocheted straight right. It went through all the junk and rolled onto the green, stopping very close to the hole. We both made a par. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2011 at 4:38 PM, clubchamp said:

Playing with my dad years ago we are teeing off he pulls his drive and it's screaming towards OB... hits a power line that runs along the road shoots back down into the left rough. Outside of that I've seen a balls bounce off sprinkler heads, balls go deep into the wood and bounce back out.

I once hit a power line too, ball dropped straight down, pissed me off, don't think that will happen again.

Other then that just the run of the mill weird events.

Oh, once was teamed with a man and his wife.His wife was rather well endowed, I mean she was really big on top. When she addressed the ball her boobs would squish between her arms. After 14 holes she didn't want to play anymore but her husband kept egging her on, (he was a jerk by the way), anyway she is pissed and screams at him "MY TITS HURT!". Don't think I will ever laugh that much again. BTW, she was a good sport, funny lady.

Note: This thread is 1176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!