IGNORED

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

Note: This thread is 1430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

62 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

hot pink wood tees

I like how the tee will leave a mark on the sole of my driver, nice feedback plus they're really easy to find

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I use 2 3/4" Epoch tees, and for irons the 1 1/2" Epoch. They are very durable, and are strudy like wooden tees. I've played with Zero Frictions before, but I like the Epochs a lot more because they do not bend when I hit them with my driver.

909 D2 9.5° Driver - Diamana Blue Board Stiff
F-60 3W - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
CLK FLI-HI 17°/20° Hybrids - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
MP-57 4-PW - True Temper Dynalite Gold Superlite S300
MP-T 54°/12° & 60°/8° - Rifle Spinner Bettinardi C-03 Putter Pro V1x

The wood tees feel natural. And I use wood and not the painted colored ones. They colors leave marks on the club and I do not like that.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

I got a pack of brush tees for X-Mas. I would have never thought of buying them, but now I love 'em! Played on X-Mas day and was surprised how nice they were.

I used to use brusth tee's their awsome. Only way they can "break" is when the bristles get messed up. Dont loose the caps as that is one major way the bristles can get messed up. Also over time the bristles will get messed up and you will eventually have to buy a new one. But overall they will last you a while before breaking.

But now i just use regular wooden tees. When i can i prefer to buy the tees that show you were in the ground you should stop putting the tee in for the correct driver height. I find that useful because i always have to adjust my tees when i put it in the ground. ITs nice to just put it in and swing away :)
In My SasQuatch tour Golf Bag:
Driver: Tour Burner with UST Proforce V2 stiff shaft
3 wood: SasQuatch 15*
3 Hybrid: X Tour
Irons: X-20 tourSand Wedge: Srixon WG-504 56*Lob Wedge X Tour 60*Putter: Studio Select Putter

I love the epoch tees-I bought a small bag in jan. and I think I still have 35 left after about 30 rounds. I've only broken two that I know of, I usually just lose them.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

3.25" wood tees with the natural wood color for my driver.
Whatever broken stub I can find on the tee box when hitting an iron or 4-wood.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

I use wood tees... Are the plastic ones any good?
Driver Taylormade r9 supertri *9.5
Hybrid Taylormade rescue burner 19 degree
Irons 2008 taylormade TP
Wedges Taylormade rac TP 52, 56, 60
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 Studio StyleBall Bridgestone e6

Let's see, I usually stick 2 or 3 long wooden tees in my pocket at the beginning of a round. I use found tees or broken tees on par 3's and a couple shorter par 4's where I use a hybrid to tee with. By the end of the round, I usually have 5 or 6 long tees in my pocket.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

i read about the zero friction tees review on the sandtrap site and was intrigued when it was said that these things don't break. they don't and i'm very happy with them.

I tried conventional tees which tend to break on me.

I don't buy into the notion of 'less drag' that the bristle tees claim. The following has me intrigued but I am sticking with what works for me: http://www.golfbusinesswire.com/releases/125055/ The Zero Friction tees seem to last a very long time. I like the extra long tees that have led to the consistency with the driver.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

As silly as this sounds I get my white 2 3/4 tees at Target. They are 'golf digest' brand tees and I love them. lol
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

i use 3 in. wood tees... i just order a sample of bio tees and gonna give them a try
Driver: Tour Burner 10°5
3 wood Tight Lies 13°
Hybrid 3DX DC 23°
Irons: G5
Wedges: oversize 48°PW & 56°SWPutter: Anser 2Ball: TOURix

Plastic Infiniti Tees, two types small for irons and woods and a big one for my driver.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Tall white wooden tees. I have seem wooden tees with smaller heads for less resistance for the ball.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• iacas changed the title to Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?
  • Administrator

Reviving the topic to see what new people think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just read article on Twitter, there is a course over seas that is banning plastic Ts as they are ending up ona beach and interfering with wildlife

It was on golf digest twitter feed 

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Note: This thread is 1430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!