IGNORED

Osama

Mattplusness
Note: This thread is 4738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Not quite sure what you read in my last post but I never said anything about Al Qaeda falling apart or being safe from terrorism without him around. In fact if you read it I said it's likely that retaliation attacks will happen from his removal so quite the opposite of what you thought I said.

I also agree that his death doesn't sort out any issues; all I've said all along is that I see no reason for people to pat themselves on the back and chant "USA... USA..." over someone's death, whether it be Bin Laden or anyone else.

I read your post correctly, I was agreeing with you, not disputing what you said.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I read your post correctly, I was agreeing with you, not disputing what you said.

*sigh* I think I'm tired today; my bad.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I'm holding back quite a bit here... People cheer because this man brought our country to it's knees in sadness while he celebrated. Now look at the amount of sacrifices made by servicemen from around the world because of 9/11. The other thing you're forgetting is G.W gave Osama the opportunity to turn himself over the U.S. for due process. He choose his fate at that point in my eyes and he wasn't going to be captured.

IMO his trial would have been a bigger waste of tax payer money than Barry Bonds' trial.

I agree with you entirely.

By the way

When are those responsible for the nuclear blasts on Japan in WW2 going on trial? When the U.S celebrated and the people of Japan were brought to their knees in sadness?

Oh wait.....

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I agree with you entirely.

By the way

When are those responsible for the nuclear blasts on Japan in WW2 going on trial? When the U.S celebrated and the people of Japan were brought to their knees in sadness?

Oh wait.....

You're not seriously comparing the two events are you?  Japan attacked the United States and forced us into a war with them.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

You're not seriously comparing the two events are you?  Japan attacked the United States and forced us into a war with them.

And al qaeda clearly have stated for a very long time they are wat war with the west.

Doesn't mean they should of done what they did in 2001, same goes for what the U.S did in WW2

Being in a war does not call for blatant attacks against civilians

Its not anti-climatic to those of us that serve everyday. Each time I see a picture of the towers and imagine I lost a loved one there, I put on my boots daily with the same determination as I did ten years ago. Just saying!!

"Bin Laden, according to a briefing on Monday, used his wife as a human shield and she was killed. By Tuesday, the White House reversed that: she had not been used as a human shield and she was not dead."

"the initial briefings that stated Bin Laden resisted and was killed in a "firefight", which suggests he had been armed. The White House insisted he had resisted, without saying how, but said he had no gun."

(http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/03/osama-bin-laden-final-moments)

Couple those with the "we killed him and then buried him at sea where nothing is provable" and the conspiracy theories begin...

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

The comments in this thread make me want to throw up... Don't worry, I will lace up my boots as I have for the last 18 years and head back to Afghanistan while you guys debate the "killing of his human"! War was declared on 9/11 by an enemy of the state, he was located, closed on and destroyed... If he would have went to trial it would have been a circus, but we will never know because he was double tapped to the head... Nice shooting shipmates!

Originally Posted by normdamarine

The comments in this thread make me want to throw up... Don't worry, I will lace up my boots as I have for the last 18 years and head back to Afghanistan while you guys debate the "killing of his human"! War was declared on 9/11 by an enemy of the state, he was located, closed on and destroyed... If he would have went to trial it would have been a circus, but we will never know because he was double tapped to the head... Nice shooting shipmates!

Godspeed Norm and thank you for lacing them up.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Kieran123

And al qaeda clearly have stated for a very long time they are wat war with the west.

Doesn't mean they should of done what they did in 2001, same goes for what the U.S did in WW2

Being in a war does not call for blatant attacks against civilians

Interesting you picked the U.S. in WW2 for killing innocent civilians over I don't know lets just say.... Hitler. What the U.S. did was done to end a war started by Japan so we didn't have to fight for another 5 years going door to door in Japan to finally get them to surrender. Also don't forget the U.S. had beaten Japan back to their front yard and asked them to surrender which they declined so it could have been avoided. Also you do realize the U.S. wanted no involvement in fighting during WW2 and Japan forced the U.S. into it.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Thanks for your service, but the ethics involved here are not nearly as simple as you seem to be making them out to be. Doing what's right and what's consistent with the ideals that America purports to stand for is important, even when it's difficult or inconvenient. "Kill that @#$ because he killed us" doesn't live up to that ideal in my mind. There's more to defending America than killing her enemies.

If we'd captured him and given him a fair trial, I think it's a pretty safe assumption we'd have obtained a conviction.  That would not only remove him as a threat, but prove our commitment to our own professed ideals of justice.  As things happened, we achieve only the first.  I'm glad for that, but I am not going to hesitate to ask whether the ends were achieved by the proper means just because people made sacrifices along that path.  This is not disrespectful to their sacrifice; on the contrary, that is how we ensure that we make the most of what they have given.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I think the rest of his life spent in hell in Guantanamo Bay would be more fitting than the easy way out of death. Now he will die a 'Martyr' instead of Al Qaeda knowing their 'great' leader is someone's bitch in prison.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I'm a liberal guy and I agree in spirit with a lot of the sentiment that it's wrong to celebrate the death of a person, enemy or no.  But I gotta say.  Whatever my own sense of morality in my own space, I'm not sure I want the elite of the elite soldiers from my country to be the kind of men who consider holding fire in that room.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Originally Posted by zeg

Thanks for your service, but the ethics involved here are not nearly as simple as you seem to be making them out to be. Doing what's right and what's consistent with the ideals that America purports to stand for is important, even when it's difficult or inconvenient. "Kill that @#$ because he killed us" doesn't live up to that ideal in my mind. There's more to defending America than killing her enemies.

Unfortunately, Zeg, you're wasting your keystrokes because you live in a society where the majority of people think that Saddam had something to do with 9/11 and that the war in Iraq is about 9/11.

Whilst I am as glad as anybody else that Bin Laden is dead, the frat boy  "USA..USA" chanting reaction I've been watching on television is very distasteful.

As for the inane "God bless America"  - whatever that means in relation to this event, a few unattractive stereotypes are being beamed around the world for all to see.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by drillsgt67

Its not anti-climatic to those of us that serve everyday. Each time I see a picture of the towers and imagine I lost a loved one there, I put on my boots daily with the same determination as I did ten years ago. Just saying!!

Thank-you for the service...i am for one am damn glad he is dead and have no problems with people enjoying it. The only real question is who is next on the list!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Shoot straight and first Norm!!! Come home safe.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

I think the rest of his life spent in hell in Guantanamo Bay would be more fitting than the easy way out of death. Now he will die a 'Martyr' instead of Al Qaeda knowing their 'great' leader is someone's bitch in prison.

Those that follow him lost concept of common logic or maybe they never had it. he was going to be a Martyr no matter how it went down...

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by clubchamp

Interesting you picked the U.S. in WW2 for killing innocent civilians over I don't know lets just say.... Hitler. What the U.S. did was done to end a war started by Japan so we didn't have to fight for another 5 years going door to door in Japan to finally get them to surrender. Also don't forget the U.S. had beaten Japan back to their front yard and asked them to surrender which they declined so it could have been avoided. Also you do realize the U.S. wanted no involvement in fighting during WW2 and Japan forced the U.S. into it.

Hitler was the worst of them all.

Anyway, it's off topic.

Point is, mass killings, for whatever cause, are unwarranted. Whether it's to 'end a war' or not.

I'm just glad we don't have to worry about this one piece of sh*t anymore/

Note: This thread is 4738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!