IGNORED

Tiger's start to The Players

Gioguy21
Note: This thread is 4741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it an extremely weird coincidink that he started feeling the pain on the first tee? It's often been mentioned that his swing is faster and wilder on the course than the range, which I can believe. The mental component in his game may be bigger than what he makes of it, if it's true that he's playing well in practice rounds and hitting it well on the range.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ThominOH

6 over thru 9? and from the CHIP shots I saw.. WoW..  If I was him I would come up with something too to excuse that embarrassment.. I have played injured myself with a herniated disc, and my short game never looked that bad.. He hasn't played since the Master's right?  So where did this injury come from, making a bowl of cereal in the morning?  lol I'm sorry, I'm not buying excuses..  This smells just like the LeBron James mystery shoulder injury that no scan or MRI could confirm.. As I recall last years WD was from a unconfirmed ache as well.. Wasn't it?

Actually his injury both last year and this year are both confirmed injuries. Strained MCL and achilles this year and a strain of a muscle in his neck last year.

I know I know. We don't have the documents from the doc's so I guess it's not true.

Geez!!!

But when Phil popped up with his arthritic condition you should have seen all of the excuses flying over on TGCDB at the time for his failures. It was like all of last year didn't count! LoL It was hilarious reading.

Let's hope that Tiger doesn't add his name to the list of athletes who came back from an injury too soon and never were able to fully recover. This might not be what's happening, but I've seen it before in other sports.

There is still interest in him breaking Jack's majors record, but if he doesn't do it, it should be because he tried and failed, not because rushing an injury cut his chances short.

Originally Posted by phillyk

I didn't read much into it, but Tiger is already out, shot a 42 on front 9, and withdrew from the Players Championship...

I wouldn't say he's getting better at all.  That's sad...

WHOOOPS didnt realize this was said already

Umm, you might want to catch Golf Central tonight. Injuries forced him  to WD.

Originally Posted by henniebogan1966

Umm, you might want to catch Golf Central tonight. Injuries forced him  to WD.

Ibuprofin wasn't good enough? haha

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I hate to say it, but I think he is done.  That being said, what do I know.  I am an 18 handicapper who is not an orthopedist, nor am I a psychiatrist.  Looks like he has both physical and mental problems.  I think the "Tiger" aura has been so damaged he can't just play.  Again, I'm just an 18.

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

Not for an injured MCL and achilles no. I get it. This is your bait thread. Good luck with that.

I don't understand that response. Why do you think I have any intention of baiting people for some weird reason?  Once I made this thread, I saw there was already a thread on the topic, but i couldn't figure out how to delete this.

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

I don't understand that response. Why do you think I have any intention of baiting people for some weird reason?  Once I made this thread, I saw there was already a thread on the topic, but i couldn't figure out how to delete this.

Your statements like "Ibuprofen was enough?" or whatever you said or how you mentioned he wasn't getting any better before you even knew WHY he withdrew speaks to what this thread is all about. Look, I get it. You don't like Tiger and are celebrating his implosion on and off the golf course. Have fun with that. Hopefully, you'll be out playing golf instead of celebrating the fall of Tiger Woods.

He's injured.  He tried to play but couldn't do it to the level he needed to and decided to quit rather than push through and risk doing more damage for no reason.  This isn't hockey or football, there aren't any team members he's letting down by quitting.  He made a decision that was in his best interest and affects only him, so I don't see a problem with what he did.

Joe Paradiso

Your statements like "Ibuprofen was enough?" or whatever you said or how you mentioned he wasn't getting any better before you even knew WHY he withdrew speaks to what this thread is all about. Look, I get it. You don't like Tiger and are celebrating his implosion on and off the golf course. Have fun with that. Hopefully, you'll be out playing golf instead of celebrating the fall of Tiger Woods.

Wow, I don't know even know how to respond to your false accusations.  On the contrary, I love watching Tiger play golf.  He has great determination in getting better and I admire that greatly.  My comment was meant to be humorous, which clearly wasn't understood; and just FYI, i haven't started playing this season or been paying too much attention to golf on tv, because I have school and a lot of work that goes with it.  Maybe, if you had given me clear information on his condition instead of accusing me of something, this would've been avoided.

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Wow, I don't know even know how to respond to your false accusations.  On the contrary, I love watching Tiger play golf.  He has great determination in getting better and I admire that greatly.  My comment was meant to be humorous, which clearly wasn't understood; and just FYI, i haven't started playing this season or been paying too much attention to golf on tv, because I have school and a lot of work that goes with it.  Maybe, if you had given me clear information on his condition instead of accusing me of something, this would've been avoided.

Giving you clear information isn't my obligation, although in post #2 I gave you all you needed when I cited injuries as the reason for his WD. As for humor, it wasn't funny. But then, I don't see making fun of people being injured as something I would do or condone. As for accusing you, my accusation was spot on.

Originally Posted by Todd Ruggere

Its like Christmas when something bad h appens to Tiger

Sadly, for some that seems to be the case. They cheer when Tiger fails or is hurt. Amazing to me that so many people live vicariously thru pro athletes, whether it be their achievements or failures. Pretty darn pathetic.

Giving you clear information isn't my obligation, although in post #2 I gave you all you needed when I cited injuries as the reason for his WD. As for humor, it wasn't funny. But then, I don't see making fun of people being injured as something I would do or condone. As for accusing you, my accusation was spot on.

So, if giving clear information isn't your obligation, then why are you on this forum?  We share thoughts to help people understand situations, not throw people down when they don't understand it.

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Actually his injury both last year and this year are both confirmed injuries. Strained MCL and achilles this year and a strain of a muscle in his neck last year.

I know I know. We don't have the documents from the doc's so I guess it's not true.

Geez!!!

But when Phil popped up with his arthritic condition you should have seen all of the excuses flying over on TGCDB at the time for his failures. It was like all of last year didn't count! LoL It was hilarious reading.

In case you don't know.. confirmed means it's something you can actually show in a scan like a broke bone.. strained ?  Are you kidding me..  I strain my muscles all the time I golf, it's why I have to take pills for inflamation and pain..  I saw HOW he walked out to his car.. going up the step 2 at a time.. He didn't LOOK to hurt or concerned about his legs there..  You'll buy anything that Tiger sells, won't you?

So, if giving clear information isn't your obligation, then why are you on this forum?  We share thoughts to help people understand situations, not throw people down when they don't understand it.

This isn't about me. Let me help you out. Back at Augusta Tiger Woods injured his MCL and his achilles heel. After that he underwent treatments on his injuries to prepare him for his next event, which was to have been the tournament at Quail Hollow. Unfortunately, he was unable to compete and had to withdraw from the event before it began. This week he played he hit balls for the first time since Augusta on this Monday. On Tuesday he played a practice round and appeared to be ready to go. On the first tee today, Tiger said he reinured his knee and that both it and his achilles got progressively worse during the front nine, forcing his withdrawal after completion of his front nine.

As of right now, he's not sure as to the extent of the damage done to his knee until he sees his doctor and they provide a diagnosis as to the severity of the injury and the length of time it will take for him to recover. So as of right now there is no indication or timetable for his return to competition.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 4741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!