IGNORED

Rotary Swing Golf

Note: This thread is 1947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

At least you were wise enough to get out of Rotary Swing relatively quickly.

Don't know your intentions about improving your swing, but thesandtrap is a good start.

Take a look - lots of great instruction and drills.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just wanted to comment on my experience with Rotary swing and the learning group.

I started working on my golf game about 4 years ago, and went through the normal phases of someone who didn't know what they were doing.  I went through training aids, then instruction manuals, then personal instruction with my local pro.  There was so much conflicting information, and no one provided a step by step plan to build a professional looking swing (which was what I wanted).

I found RST by searching online video lessons about a year ago.  I had not heard of the site, but I liked the initial website and the idea of having one swing model to work towards, and someone reviewing my swing.

I first signed up for the monthly membership and started working through the video's.  After my first swing review which was included in the monthly membership I signed up for the learning group because the instruction pointed things out that although I had watched the video's my eye was not trained to see.  Clay Ballard was my instructor in the learning group.  Clay walked me through set up, take away right, back swing, down swing and release.  I started from the beginning and spend the first 2 months (off season) just working on take away and backswing - working through the 5 minute drills and getting the body mechanics perfect.  Then we progressively worked through the swing.  My swing speed with my 6 iron before starting RST was 85 MPH and I was swinging as hard as I could.  Checking my swing speed with by 6 iron after working in my Garage for the winter and it was averaging about 94 MPH, with much less effort

I continued to work with Clay in the learning group.  I started the season as an 18 HDCP and got it down to 8 by the end of the year.  For me I wanted to make my swing look like the perfect RST swing, and the results for me worked because I am shooting lower scores and am considerably more consistent with my ball striking.

This is my  honest experience, and I continue to be a satisfied customer.

And having completed his mission of posting about Rotary Swing we will never hear from CanadianGolfer again.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Hello everyone! I'm a first time poster but a long time follower of this site and have a true passion for the game. I'm one of those golfers who took the game up in my mid twenties and spent the next twenty years basically just slapping at the ball, having some ok days (more from luck I'm thinking) and a lot more frustrating days. While I have read Jim Hardy's book on the single plane swing and am trying to follow the basic tenets of the swing I realize that there are multiple variations of the "single plane swing" and what might work well for me won't for someone else. And that's ok!! We're all on that journey to be the best we all can be with whatever natural ability we are endowed with. I wanted to share a few points I feel compliment any swing style being pursued: 1) educating one's self on cause and effect as relating to golf ball flight 2) acquiring clubs fit to the golfer 3) while there are many many swing styles, I believe there are only two foundation types, single plane and two plane, one should experiment to see which one better suits they're natural abilities. I was a two plane swinger for many years and switching to a single plane type swing produced immediate results. Lots of swings on the pga tour and those guys pay the bills with all those swings. 4) a sound golf grip coupled with a sound set up to increase the odds of returning that club face into the ball at the moment of truth 5) stop over swinging, no place for home run swings in golf 6) watch and emulate lpga pros, I've learned more about tempo and course management watching the ladies!! And more than a few are gorgeous!! 7) use a shorter driver, I took two inches off a 45.5 inch length and the results are noticeable in accuracy with no perceptible loss in distance 8) once you find the style of swing suited to you, make it yours and hit balls as often as possible, when you can't, go into the back yard and swing, a golf club has to be in your hands everyday, it must become an extension of your body 9) and finally, to all my fellow combat vets, Happy Veterans Day!! Thanks to all for putting up with my rant, if I missed anything please post, the more I learn, the less I realize I really know!!! God Bless!!

And having completed his mission of posting about Rotary Swing we will never hear from jch66 again.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Actually not sure on that one Phil although you were spot on with CanadianGolfer.

Rotary Swing (if memory serves) is a two-plane swing and in his post the guy says "I was a two plane swinger for many years and switching to a single plane type swing produced immediate results."

Plus there's little else in the post relating to it. *shrug*

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I had a very good experience with Rotary swing.  I have been around for years and will continue to be.  I am not going to go on and on because it would be disrespectful to this site but I liked that is supplied the complete swing theory from beginning to end with lots of drills.  It explains the same thing several ways so one is likely to resonate with you.

I worked on my swing over the winter and came away with a completely different swing then my previous obviously incorrect swing.  My handicap dropped a few points this year, should have dropped more than it did but that is on me.  I will "finish" fixing my swing this winter using their theory.  A local instructor I go to helps me as his thinking is very similar.  I honestly think going to one source and sticking with that thinking is the best approach.  I am sure using the training on this site is equally good.

I also think that reading all the threads here fills your head with too much conflicting information.  I would stick to the 5S stuff and not read the rest.  Do the drills and make sure you are using video and a pro to get the most from your time.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

• Administrator

I am not going to go on and on because it would be disrespectful to this site…

To be clear, we don't think that discussion of swing techniques is at all disrespectful to the site, or to @mvmac or myself personally. The opposite is far closer to the truth.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="inthecup" url="/t/47209/rotary-swing-golf/36#post_919317"]   I am not going to go on and on because it would be disrespectful to this site… [/QUOTE] To be clear, we don't think that discussion of swing techniques is at all disrespectful to the site, or to @mvmac or myself personally. The opposite is far closer to the truth.

The problem is with the people who don't know how to "discuss".

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I had a very good experience with Rotary swing.  I have been around for years and will continue to be.  I am not going to go on and on because it would be disrespectful to this site but I liked that is supplied the complete swing theory from beginning to end with lots of drills.  It explains the same thing several ways so one is likely to resonate with you.

I worked on my swing over the winter and came away with a completely different swing then my previous obviously incorrect swing.  My handicap dropped a few points this year, should have dropped more than it did but that is on me.

Interesting - what is not on you and more on the swing is your percentage of fairways hit and GIR. Did your percentage go up by 33%, 50%, 200%, etc.?

Before and After Results?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

That doesnt count.-Participate in other threads and discussions or people will see this for what it is.[quote name="jch66" url="/t/47209/rotary-swing-golf/36#post_919435"]Oh I'm still here Phil, just for you!![/quote]

Phil really, I made no mention of the rotary swing and I was quite clear in not embracing any particular swing style other than I have found something that personally works for me. The point of my post was to point out that a lot of people jump feet first into different techniques without looking at or integrating some of the bullets I put forth. Have a great day Phil!!

Youre right-I apologize. Too many people come to forums to pimp their one thing and then are never seen from again. I hope you stick around as your points are good.[quote name="jch66" url="/t/47209/rotary-swing-golf/36#post_919486"]Phil really, I made no mention of the rotary swing and I was quite clear in not embracing any particular swing style other than I have found something that personally works for me. The point of my post was to point out that a lot of people jump feet first into different techniques without looking at or integrating some of the bullets I put forth. Have a great day Phil!![/quote]

I am not going to go on and on because it would be disrespectful to this site but I liked that is supplied the complete swing theory from beginning to end with lots of drills.  It explains the same thing several ways so one is likely to resonate with you.

To be clear, we don't think that discussion of swing techniques is at all disrespectful to the site, or to @mvmac or myself personally. The opposite is far closer to the truth.

Exactly, we welcome discussion and enjoy sharing quality information.  If we disagree with something, we'll provide facts to back up our position.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Interesting - what is not on you and more on the swing is your percentage of fairways hit and GIR. Did your percentage go up by 33%, 50%, 200%, etc.?

Before and After Results?

I had not fully dialed in the new swing but decided to stop making changes and go with what I had in the spring.  I had a great summer, best golf year ever but was inconsistent.  Great driver day bad irons, putting fool, no touch around the greens, typical stuff.    The last few weeks of the season I started to try the changes I planned to make and it worked out pretty well.  Technically I am pretty good.  I give away my lag around 4" too early and my weight shift it not what it could be.  My miss is an over the top pull with some hook thrown in for good measure.

I have an indoor return net and a Vector Pro Launch monitor so I can make progress indoors.  I also use some slow motion video to see what I am really doing not what I think I am doing.

In addition to that as I said I go to a pro now and then to double check what I am doing and I can send him video in between.  Golf in a journey but I believe I know where I want to get and this winter if I have time I will be able to get there.  I think my handicap will drop to 10 next season and should hover around there.  I don't have time to get lower than a 10.

The good bad news is that the economy is improving and this winter I am going to take my company to the next level.  That may take all my time and limit the work I can do on golf this winter.

My comments about not wanting to be disrespectful are more guided to some of the infomercial type posts above.  I like this site, I like the participants and I like the owners/moderators.  Not looking to upset the apple cart.

oh good lord, please don't!   take your harpy sh*t back to the kitchen!

Wow that was a sexist comment. Thank you Allison for informing me of this fraud. At first I bought the rotary swing app, but after discovering this theft, I stopped my subscription immediately (How can I trust someone who has stole their material). Therefore; Chuck has lost all credibility in my eyes. I just bought a subscription to the mind 2 motion website, and love it.

Wow that was a sexist comment. Thank you Allison for informing me of this fraud. At first I bought the rotary swing app, but after discovering this theft, I stopped my subscription immediately (How can I trust someone who has stole their material). Therefore; Chuck has lost all credibility in my eyes. I just bought a subscription to the mind 2 motion website, and love it.

oh geeze, yet another person joining the forum to spam us all with this crappy stuff, probably this Allison chick herself.  Didn't I tell you to get yourself back in the kitchen?  Learn to bake that pie and maybe you'll find a man to take care of you!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Note: This thread is 1947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!