IGNORED

Sunglasses

Juancd75
Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Always, unless it is raining. Here in AZ, the wind blows lots of stuff around that can end up in your eyes.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three pairs of Oakley's, the wife has two, our oldest son has two, and our daughter one.

We're good to go....

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

• Administrator

Just got a pair of the new Oakley Fast Jackets. Polarized lenses come stock (and they know this is a golf site). I also have a pair or two of Tifosi sunglasses I like to wear, and a pair or two of Callaway sunglasses from a few years ago.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a pair of Oakley Polarised Flak Jackets. I know everyone says that you can't read greens with them on, but for me I reckon it removes all the glare and makes it easier to read greens. Especially in Aus where the sun is extremely destructive to your eyes.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I have been bouncing between Wally World sunglasses for far too many years...

Ray Ban Aviators or Costa Del Mar's are going to be on next. I just gotta get to a place to try some on.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

I've got some RayBan aviators, but I'm always taking them on and off.  Better when golfing to just skip the contacts and wear one of my two pairs of glasses.  Both are comfortable with progressive lenses that turn into sunglasses in the light-though they look a lot lighter when wearing them.

I absolutely like Tifosi sunglasses. I saw them mentioned here a few years back and thought I would try them since they are so inexpensive. I feel in love with the Golf/Tennis lenses. So much so, I had a pair made into my prescriptions sun glasses. I wear them all the time outdoors and living in Arizona we get a bit of Sun. For the price , I don't feel any glasses I've over paid for over the years has comes close to what you get.

Originally Posted by J_Bone

I absolutely like Tifosi sunglasses. I saw them mentioned here a few years back and thought I would try them since they are so inexpensive. I feel in love with the Golf/Tennis lenses. So much so, I had a pair made into my prescriptions sun glasses. I wear them all the time outdoors and living in Arizona we get a bit of Sun. For the price, I don't feel any glasses I've over paid for over the years has comes close to what you get.

Your post got me intrigued as I've never heard of Tifosi. Their EC and GT technology looks interesting, however after emailing the UK distributor and receiving an email saying, " We do not stock the glasses you require within the UK market and we are unable to advise where you may be able to purchase them. " I'm unlikely to be able to give them a go. As usual the UK is shit.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I just wear some cheap ones I bought at Target. They're broken (I like to put mine over the bottom of my hat, and that leaves them vulnerable to cracking, but mostly they cracked because they were $15), they fog up like crazy, and the coating has almost entirely peeled off, but they're alright. I'd like something better at some point, but it's not really something I want to spend $100+ on right now. I take them off when I hit shots otherwise I shank it every time. They distort the ball a bit.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I have Oakley Flak Jackets and the Radars (polarized) that I use for running and road racing, but I don't wear either when playing golf.  I don't feel I see things as well with them on.

Joe Paradiso

Good sunglasses won't distort the ball. Seriously, try some Tifosi's. They cost right around $60 depending on the model. They have very clear optics. Get something like the Pave. I have these and they are excellent.

women-sunglasses-20110103240.jpg

Originally Posted by jamo

I just wear some cheap ones I bought at Target. They're broken (I like to put mine over the bottom of my hat, and that leaves them vulnerable to cracking, but mostly they cracked because they were $15), they fog up like crazy, and the coating has almost entirely peeled off, but they're alright. I'd like something better at some point, but it's not really something I want to spend $100+ on right now. I take them off when I hit shots otherwise I shank it every time. They distort the ball a bit.

Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!