IGNORED

Do you grip too tight or have hand problems?

Note: This thread is 4624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone, I understand over gripping is a major problem as well as having arthritis and other hand problems. We are trying to help everyone on TST. For those who did not make our free 15, we are offering a 25% discount for everyone else. Use coupon code LEVITEE at checkout. This is exclusive for the TST community. I hope this will help everyone. Thank You All.

Corey Kasif

CEO, LeviTee Golf Gloves

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

Unpacking the glove I thought there wasn't any way the glove could feel comfortable on my hand with the padding between the fingers but I was wrong.  As soon as I tried the glove it felt different but a good different, though I might have made a mistake going for the M/L versus the M, but some medium are too small for my hands.  The glove is well made and looks like it will hold up quite well.

I tried it out on the range this weekend.  First thing I noticed immediately was the padding between the fingers kept my fingers spaced properly.  Using regular gloves I notice my fingers tend to squeeze tight to one another which causes pain in the back of the hand at impact with the ball, the Levitee glove almost completely eliminated that pain.  I plan to try it out on the course tomorrow, but so far I'm really liking it.  If it goes well tomorrow I'll probably order one in medium to see how it fits compared to M/L and give that a try too before a complete report.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tried it out during a practice round today, I really did not think it was going to be comfortable by looking at the pictures online but it really is! I notice my grip felt a lot better when using it.  Sometimes I get pain in my hands and wrists after swinging but it did not feel near as bad with this glove.  The biggest down side to this glove for me is that you can't use it during a normal handicap round, I really wish you could!

Awesome as training aid though.

I have had carpel tunnel in my hands from growing up with video games and typing papers through college. After a round of golf or a large bucket at the range, my fingers and the back of my right hand feel like someone stepped on them. Pain free golf would be awesome!

I would like to thank LEVITEE for giving me the opportunity to try out the glove. With respect to being open and honest I would like to say I personally did not like the glove. It was very well made, looks great, LOVE the logo, but it made me feel very disconnected with my left hand. I could clearly notice the difference the impact of the golf ball had on my hand by using the glove, but the feel of my hand on the club was uncomfortable for me. I could certainly see the need for this product for some players and hope anyone curious about the product to try it out.

Thanks for the opportunity!!!

We understand that the glove is not for everyone, just like other things in life. We appreciate everyone's feedback and want people to be honest. As for the USGA, if the glove helps to alleviate pain and tension in the hands and arms it can be deemed legal. Rule 14.3 in the rule book.

I have psoriatic arthritis (as does Phil Mickelson) and my grip pressure tends to vary based on the time of day and how well my meds are working for me.  I'v put some mid- and oversize grips on which sometimes help.

Originally Posted by MackJL06

I would like to thank LEVITEE for giving me the opportunity to try out the glove. With respect to being open and honest I would like to say I personally did not like the glove. It was very well made, looks great, LOVE the logo, but it made me feel very disconnected with my left hand. I could clearly notice the difference the impact of the golf ball had on my hand by using the glove, but the feel of my hand on the club was uncomfortable for me. I could certainly see the need for this product for some players and hope anyone curious about the product to try it out.

Thanks for the opportunity!!!

any chance you would be willing to send the glove to someone else to try? like me :) If it doesn't help, I'd send it right back.

I would really like to thank Corey and Levitee Golf Gloves for offering gloves for TST community to try out.  I can't speak for everyone but getting something for free always me giddy like a schoolgirl.  Now I said I would like a glove in this thread and in two or three days after I gave my address the glove was in the mailbox.  Pretty amazing since again, it was coming to me free of charge.  When I first looked at the glove I was a little skeptical but I asked for a M/L and it fit great.  I didn't think that I would like wearing a glove with padding between the fingers but I went out and shot my best round of the year.  Not gripping my clubs too tight is something that I constantly remind myself during a round and I really feel like I didn't have to worry about that once.  I can't say that I have hand or arm pain but if you can come up with something that helps neck and back pain I would like to try that as well.  I plan on letting friends and family try this glove out and I will spread the word.  Thanks again from all of us.

In my bag:
Driver: G2 9.5° Stiff
3-Wood: Cleveland Hi-Bore
Irons: X-14 stiff shaft

Wedges: Vokey 54*

Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Black

Ball: Taylor Made

Grips: PINK Golf Pride

I've actually struggled a ton with grip pressure this year, I developed some huge blisters on my hands from squeezing wayy to tight and I have a tendency to choke the club to death until my hands are tired. I'm working on it though, and I'd love to try a glove! I'll have to look for another way to get ahold of one :)

:whistle:

I teach people to have a very firm grip but to keep their wrists and arms soft.

The guys on the pga tour grip the club tighter than most people can imagine. They might tell you they grip it lightly but it's because their hands are strong. Hogan said that Snead "gripped the club like a baby bird, but the baby bird was a hawk or eagle" or something.

The average amateur's grip pressure is too low and forearm/wrist is too tense .

I don't doubt that these gloves work for some people, though, because I'd rather see someone with a looser grip if that's the only way they can loosen up their wrists and forearms.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Originally Posted by Phil McGleno

I teach people to have a very firm grip but to keep their wrists and arms soft.

The guys on the pga tour grip the club tighter than most people can imagine. They might tell you they grip it lightly but it's because their hands are strong. Hogan said that Snead "gripped the club like a baby bird, but the baby bird was a hawk or eagle" or something.

The average amateur's grip pressure is too low and forearm/wrist is too tense.

I don't doubt that these gloves work for some people, though, because I'd rather see someone with a looser grip if that's the only way they can loosen up their wrists and forearms.

Tension starts in the hands and creeps into the other joints and muscles in the body. One thing I teach is that having loose hands helps create a loose core. A lot of beginners and high handicappers are way too stiff and have a hard time turning the club over with their wrists at the moment of impact. The over gripping of the club occurs mostly when we strike the ball. It is our natural tendency to hold on too tight, it happens. The pads between the fingers of our glove act as a shock absorber. It spaces out your fingers from getting the knuckle on knuckle rubbing which causes pain in the hands. The pads automatically reduce your grip pressure and aid to keep your hands loose. I agree to have loose wrists and arms, but it all begins in the hands.

I have a really hard time finding gloves that fit, given the fact that my left index finger is almost 1/4" shorter than my 'more standard' right index finger.  I'd love to give your gloves a try.  ML - cadet usually fit best.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

I would be grateful to test your new product.....I shattered my left wrist 11 yrs ago and constantly struggle with my grip.

I also have mild arthritis in both hands, so I am always looking for some relief.

Just Ordered one for 17.55 shipped! With the Coupon code!  Can't wait to try it out!

As for others "wanting to find a way to get one" "or who would like to try one out" just order one... Free stuff is great but, pony up the dough if you want to try one.  Levitee was nice enough to give out 15 free ones and based on the reviews so far I'm giving them a shot.

• Upvote 1

Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 3 Wood Taylormade R11 Hybrid 19* Taylormade MC Forged Irons 4-PW Taylormade XFT 52, 56 60 Wedges Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter Taylormade Penta Balls

Note: This thread is 4624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!