IGNORED

When is your final round of the year?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I think I'll probably give it up early this year.  About Dec. 30 because when I retired I decided I'd leave the weekends and rush hours for working folks.

One of the advantages of being a pro, I NEVER play golf on weekends/holidays anymore. 3.5-4 hours v 5-5.5 hours. Easy decision.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

One of the advantages of being a pro, I NEVER play golf on weekends/holidays anymore. 3.5-4 hours v 5-5.5 hours. Easy decision.

I'm confused...

You are a pro, but you never play golf on the weekends?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I'm confused...

The pros on my home course almost never play on weekends either.  Why play during the busy times when you have the option of playing weekdays?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I'm confused...

4putt has hit the nail on the head. Also, weekends are when I'm busiest giving lessons!

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

After shooting a 91 today, I'm strongly considering shutting it down for the season.

A frost delay backed everything up by 30 minutes so that was a bit of a crappy start to the morning. I lost three balls that clearly landed in the rough today but were lost in the leaves. All the greens were covered in leaves, acorns, twigs. All the greens are aerated. It was really windy and pretty chilly. I hit the ball quite well to shoot a decent score somewhere in the 80s but I think the difficult conditions got the better of me today.

The season will probably last until late November here, but these types of conditions make it a bit harder to play well. Big downer for me. It'd be hilarious if they provided a leaf blower next to every green I don't think people would mind the noise too much based on how much it helps people putt. It's insane how many twigs and shit are on the greens now.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that it may be better for me to start my offseason workout program. Mostly I want to do it to just burn some fat off, but the added strength, flexibility, and endurance would be nice for next season, considering my technique has improved greatly. Plus, I also feel like I accomplished all my goals this season, getting lessons, getting an inside-out swing, a consistent draw ballflight, a much better short game, and a much better putting stroke. I've done everything I sought out to do except break 80, even though I came close a few times (I choked down the stretch, oh well).

I think the most fun thing I've done is adding an average of 30 yards to my drives. The last two seasons I averaged about 200 off the tee. Now I hit it about 230. My outlier drives go about 280-290, which helps keep my average up when I mishit a few about 180 or 170, and of course sometimes shorter.

I'm not in good enough shape right now to workout and hit the range. I need a day off after just a day of beating balls, so my body isn't in the greatest shape right now. Anyway, I'm still mulling over this decision. But I may be ready to hang up the gloves for 2011 and start preparing for 2012, physically speaking.

Constantine

Played today. Weather was decent.  14 c or high 50's. Frost delay, but we started at 10:15, so that was ok. Maybe 1 more weekend before we have to shut it down until April.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

After shooting a 91 today, I'm strongly considering shutting it down for the season.

So much for this BS. I went to the range last night for two hours.

Constantine

I played three times last week, and expected that to be the closer, but it hit 60F yesterday in Northern Illinois, albeit cloudy. I went and walked 18 holes early. It went fast as no one else was out there. At the turn, my buddy called and wanted to go out around noon. So I met him at a different course and we rode 18 holes. It got really dark and we had some light rain.

This Friday promises sun and 52F. Maybe one more round.

Here in Wisconsin when we get into November any round could be the last round of the year.  I will keep playing until the snow flies.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

had a beautiful 70 degree day in Kentucky, so I hit the course.  Rare to get those days in November here so gotta take advantage of any time you can get out.  Sucky part was I hadn't played in a month with NO practice...hit 10/14 fairways but shot an 86 because I couldn't hit an iron or a putt to save my life.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

• Administrator

I'm fairly certain it may have been today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Paradox

had a beautiful 70 degree day in Kentucky, so I hit the course.  Rare to get those days in November here so gotta take advantage of any time you can get out.  Sucky part was I hadn't played in a month with NO practice...hit 10/14 fairways but shot an 86 because I couldn't hit an iron or a putt to save my life.

I Alberta, we rarely get 70+ days in July and August.

And to iacas, too bad. If only you had access to some sort of indoor practice and teaching facility : (

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I Alberta, we rarely get 70+ days in July and August.

And to iacas, too bad. If only you had access to some sort of indoor practice and teaching facility : (

July and August, its 100+ most years..

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Even though we've had 2 snowstorms so far, I've got a tee time for tomorrow morning and Friday at 11:30.  Supposed to be in the mid 60's and nothing but sun, perfect for golf, and the home course is in fabulous shape.  I'm even expecting to have to work in the starter booth on Sunday.  I also worked last Saturday, just 3 days after the second storm.  This time of year the snow still melts off pretty fast most of the time, and on nice days, the course is packed.

Some of you guys who say that you get empty courses this time of year amaze me - sure doesn't happen around here when the weather is decent.  Even in mid January, if the course is open on a nice day, most tee times will be filled.  Trouble is, in December and January there are only about 2½ hours of tee times where you can get in 18 holes, what with waiting for frost to burn off on what are already short days.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Given I live in Central Florida, I would imagine my last round of the year will be December 31st.

Signed,

Minnesota

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Even though we've had 2 snowstorms so far, I've got a tee time for tomorrow morning and Friday at 11:30.  Supposed to be in the mid 60's and nothing but sun, perfect for golf, and the home course is in fabulous shape.  I'm even expecting to have to work in the starter booth on Sunday.  I also worked last Saturday, just 3 days after the second storm.  This time of year the snow still melts off pretty fast most of the time, and on nice days, the course is packed.

Some of you guys who say that you get empty courses this time of year amaze me - sure doesn't happen around here when the weather is decent.  Even in mid January, if the course is open on a nice day, most tee times will be filled.  Trouble is, in December and January there are only about 2½ hours of tee times where you can get in 18 holes, what with waiting for frost to burn off on what are already short days.

There are a few courses in MN that at this time of year that utilize shotgun starts. Not my favorite way but at least 18 groups are pretty much guaranteed to finish all 18 comfortably with a number of guys getting in 27. Anything like that in CO?

Note: This thread is 4492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!