IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ernest..what about in the off season U find a real good local pro? You are on the right path, but maybe they could really finalize a lot of things for u. I betcha a coke that if they just make some minor adjustments by seeing u first hand..it would do wonders for you. Work what they tell ya as hard as you can, than come spring time you will be so far ahead of the class. You can never underestimate the one on one aspect of local pro lessons, one area that is so needed by many of us Try it man,,I bet it will do wonders

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Uh oh, what happened?

Just a little frustration.

My usual improvement pattern of 3 steps forward and 2 steps has become 3 steps forward and 4 steps back.

Trying to simply the though process and accompanying feels that get me flatter , coming from the inside and driving my trail knee in the right direction but all I've been able to accomplish is tipping out big time and cutting across the ball. :doh:

I think I'm going to try to rig up some thing like this with some rope tied to the rafters and see what kind of feelings I get from working with an obstruction:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ernest..what about in the off season U find a real good local pro? You are on the right path, but maybe they could really finalize a lot of things for u. I betcha a coke that if they just make some minor adjustments by seeing u first hand..it would do wonders for you. Work what they tell ya as hard as you can, than come spring time you will be so far ahead of the class. You can never underestimate the one on one aspect of local pro lessons, one area that is so needed by many of us

Try it man,,I bet it will do wonders

Yeah, I know I would do better with some hands on (don't get me wrong, Evolvr is great) but I'm so wary of the crappy teachers out there. I'm so close to a breakthrough but just haven't been able to get it to click completely.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I,like the rafter idea..watch this ( when u get time) . Hogan's friend talking about the same thing,,also relevant to other sports [VIDEO] http://youtu.be/q_MxZRVDYjY [/VIDEO] "The club come from behind him"...listen to the words. Also wouldn't hurt to have a friend or significant other pull on the clubhead as you bring it down. You will feel the flatter approach, maybe once you feel it..you will replicate It over and over

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Just a little frustration.

My usual improvement pattern of 3 steps forward and 2 steps has become 3 steps forward and 4 steps back.

Trying to simply the though process and accompanying feels that get me flatter , coming from the inside and driving my trail knee in the right direction but all I've been able to accomplish is tipping out big time and cutting across the ball.

I think I'm going to try to rig up some thing like this with some rope tied to the rafters and see what kind of feelings I get from working with an obstruction:

Or maybe just put a tennis ball behind the golf ball set back at a short distance.  Maybe like 6-12" back or so so you have to come inside but still miss the tennis ball.  I don't know what that number would be exactly.  I am not sure if this would have a similar effect .  I like your rope idea for replicating the long stick as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Stay tuned for a rope video :-P . Maybe tonight.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Stay tuned for a rope video . Maybe tonight.

I am just going to camp out in your swing thread all day then! ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I am just going to camp out in your swing thread all day then!

At least I don't have to worry about you drinking all the beer. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

At least I don't have to worry about you drinking all the beer.

Impressive memory. :beer: If you mention anything about a group hug I am outa here though!

Nate

Impressive memory.   If you mention anything about a group hug I am outa here though!

Be careful if/whenever you get to play a round with @Beachcomber then ... cuz if you hit a really good drive, he's liable to smack you on the ass.  Just a friendly warning. ;)

Ernie, I gotta say, that summer outside did wonders for your legs.  They look really good in that blue skirt!!!

Or maybe just put a tennis ball behind the golf ball set back at a short distance.  Maybe like 6-12" back or so so you have to come inside but still miss the tennis ball.  I don't know what that number would be exactly.  I am not sure if this would have a similar effect .  I like your rope idea for replicating the long stick as well.

Tennis ball might work but I think the rope will be better. I think it's from A4 to A5 where I really need to fix stuff, tennis ball just feels like the influence of the obstruction will be too late and the recovery will be some wild compensation. If I can get into a good spot at A5 I think it will all carry through better. We'll see.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

U can do it. This is the moment where having a certified pro handy to watch u in person would be so ideal Ernest Anyone close by for u? Seriously.. There could be some injury involved

Tennis ball might work but I think the rope will be better. I think it's from A4 to A5 where I really need to fix stuff, tennis ball just feels like the influence of the obstruction will be too late and the recovery will be some wild compensation. If I can get into a good spot at A5 I think it will all carry through better.

We'll see.

Or you can always get an alignment stick and lay it down at a 20 degree angle or so from the inside. Then just take very slow movements and force that clubhead down that line. you can't really hit the ball this way, but it is a good visual. Sometimes seeing something to give you a reference really helps out.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Or you can always get an alignment stick and lay it down at a 20 degree angle or so from the inside. Then just take very slow movements and force that clubhead down that line. you can't really hit the ball this way, but it is a good visual. Sometimes seeing something to give you a reference really helps out.

Thanks saevel, I have done some work like that but with chalk lines drawn on my mat.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Tried a few sessions with a rope stretched from the rafters to a weight on the floor, didn't like it, way too obtrusive. Now I'm experimenting with a second golf ball (thanks @cipher ) placed behind my ball about 9 inches back along my target line. Can't hit my ball without hitting the back ball unless I come from the inside. It's working well so far, flatter shaft coming down and knees are under control. Hitting balls like this and mixing in this drill , even though it's being presented as a Key#2 drill it's also a great drill for path and pivot.

On full speed swings I'm immediately banking my right foot onto its instep while simultaneously bringing my arms down to A6, this really gets the weight forward. Trying to get the foot to finish banking at the same instant as my hands reach their address position then just pivot left as fast as I can. Still not very open at impact but it's really helping with the path and I think if I keep at it and just focus on my priority piece (path) I'll slowly start to see more open hips at impact as a side effect.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Tried a few sessions with a rope stretched from the rafters to a weight on the floor, didn't like it, way too obtrusive. Now I'm experimenting with a second golf ball (thanks @cipher) placed behind my ball about 9 inches back along my target line. Can't hit my ball without hitting the back ball unless I come from the inside. It's working well so far, flatter shaft coming down and knees are under control. Hitting balls like this and mixing in this drill, even though it's being presented as a Key#2 drill it's also a great drill for path and pivot.

On full speed swings I'm immediately banking my right foot onto its instep while simultaneously bringing my arms down to A6, this really gets the weight forward. Trying to get the foot to finish banking at the same instant as my hands reach their address position then just pivot left as fast as I can. Still not very open at impact but it's really helping with the path and I think if I keep at it and just focus on my priority piece (path) I'll slowly start to see more open hips at impact as a side effect.

Just spend 30 minutes hitting balls. Results not as good as yesterday, 3 steps forward and 2 steps back...Need to raise the handle more in the followthrough to keep my path going right through impact. Also think I need a bigger ball or maybe a tall rubber tee back there as I noticed on some of the video that was able to come from the outside and skim over the back ball, I guess I should have paid more attention when Cipher said to use a tennis ball, golf ball makes it too easy to cheat. At least I know I'm definitely hitting down enough! Overall I really like where I'm at with these thoughts and feels. Gotta buckle down and do more sloooooow motions though, makes a big difference.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note to myself: Squeeze gluts and raise handle dummy!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

OK, I need a little advice here...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about how hard I'm humping that poor little goat, but I was nailing the path all session . The big rubber tee makes a much better obstacle than a golf ball. Feeling the weight of the clubhead "dropping" behind me at the start of the transition. As soon as I feel the clubhead "drop" I try to turn my chest and hips to the target as fast as I can. Really did the trick with flattening out the shaft and I didn't hit that big white tee once but I'm thinking that there's too much chaos in my lower body...

Club gets to to A5 on a nice path,

Well inside at A6,

Meh ...not much to like here. I wonder how much better that would all look if my trail heel was down instead of up?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 2916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!