IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You jackass!! ;)

Lol, and this was a revelation????

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's all good, I was just giving y'all something to talk about. I did get to watch Erik play soccer though, very nice shorts I must say. Just got back from dinner, going to start my lessons at 8 tomorrow.

Jeez, I thought for a moment you'd be swinging true to your username.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Jeez, I thought for a moment you'd be swinging true to your username.

LOL. Nice catch! I didn't think of that. :-P Well, 7am, time to make the donuts.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yo, Sparky! The sun is way over the yardarm. I know you've had at least your first taste of Highland dew....so how about throwing us a little bone about today? :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yo, Sparky!

The sun is way over the yardarm. I know you've had at least your first taste of Highland dew....so how about throwing us a little bone about today?

Sorry guys, forgot my camera so no video from today. Erik has some so I'll post it when I get home.

Working on downswing pieces to "explode" more and extend upwards with legs, hips and chest. Need to trust my other pieces now and just forget about them and work on this now. It is nice to have a new priority though, definitely feels like solid progress.

Learning Aimpoint was a huge bonus, need lots of practice but it's pretty damn easy to do, just need to get faster with it. Aimpoint express is a great option but I think I liked the Mid-Point stuff better.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Glad you got some work in with a good instructor. Keep getting better!

Yeah, Erik ( @iacas ) and Dave are phenomenal teachers. Just great communicators that get you to the "understanding" part very quickly. They identified my issue right away and came up with pieces I need to work on to fix it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Great! Looking forward to the recap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

Yo, Sparky!

The sun is way over the yardarm. I know you've had at least your first taste of Highland dew....so how about throwing us a little bone about today?

Sorry guys, forgot my camera so no video from today. Erik has some so I'll post it when I get home.

Working on downswing pieces to "explode" more and extend upwards with legs, hips and chest. Need to trust my other pieces now and just forget about them and work on this now. It is nice to have a new priority though, definitely feels like solid progress.

Learning Aimpoint was a huge bonus, need lots of practice but it's pretty damn easy to do, just need to get faster with it. Aimpoint express is a great option but I think I liked the Mid-Point stuff better.

That's the best isn't it? And doesn't the in-person experience beat the shit out of the online experience? :-D At least, it does for me anyway.

But yea, my first lesson with James, I went into it thinking "we're gonna work on this, this, and this probably." But instead, I had a new priority piece! James saw the happy look on my face and mockingly yelled out "yaaay, new material!" and I said, "hell yea!!"

Good times.

Constantine

Great! Looking forward to the recap.  That's the best isn't it? And doesn't the in-person experience beat the shit out of the online experience? :-D  At least, it does for me anyway.  But yea, my first lesson with James, I went into it thinking "we're gonna work on this, this, and this probably." But instead, I had a new priority piece! James saw the happy look on my face and mockingly yelled out "yaaay, new material!" and I said, "hell yea!!" Good times.

Yeah, yesterday was flat out awesome. My forearms are killing me, lol. Hit a shit ton of balls. Aimpoint Express and Mid-Point. Golf Evolution studio is freaking paradise. Virtually unlimited access for $500 a year? Can't wait to get home and tel the wife we're movin' to Erie. :-P I'm hoping today will be a lot of flight scope so I can make sure I leave with a good playable pattern. [quote name="Abu3baid" url="/t/54175/my-swing-ernest-jones/600_100#post_963338"]Nice! So you will update that bogus HC you got there now? Or you Going to keep sandbagging?[/quote] Ehhh, probably keep sandbagging for a while, I still gotta pay for this trip.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Great! Looking forward to the recap.

That's the best isn't it? And doesn't the in-person experience beat the shit out of the online experience?   At least, it does for me anyway.

But yea, my first lesson with James, I went into it thinking "we're gonna work on this, this, and this probably." But instead, I had a new priority piece! James saw the happy look on my face and mockingly yelled out "yaaay, new material!" and I said, "hell yea!!"

Good times.

Yeah, yesterday was flat out awesome. My forearms are killing me, lol. Hit a shit ton of balls. Aimpoint Express and Mid-Point.

Golf Evolution studio is freaking paradise. Virtually unlimited access for $500 a year? Can't wait to get home and tel the wife we're movin' to Erie.

I'm hoping today will be a lot of flight scope so I can make sure I leave with a good playable pattern.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Nice! So you will update that bogus HC you got there now? Or you Going to keep sandbagging?

Ehhh, probably keep sandbagging for a while, I still gotta pay for this trip.

That's great, EJ. Great to read.

Re: your forearms.... Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I had that happen to me too after my first real clinic (S&T;) in 2011. I ignored it and developed a wicked case of tendonitis that lasted a very long time... my only suggestion is to perhaps ice the forearms, even if they're only sore, for 20 minutes to just help accelerate their re-build, when you get home. Also, I'd try to ergonomically use your keyboard for a week or so, just to prevent any kind of awkward wrist flexion you may use when typing.

I'm just being cautious here and helping you possibly avoid the 1 or 2% chance of this. Just be a bit cautious when you get home over the next week or so. It could potentially save you several weeks or months of annoyance.

Constantine

That's great, EJ. Great to read.  Re: your forearms.... Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I had that happen to me too after my first real clinic (S&T;) in 2011. I ignored it and developed a wicked case of tendonitis that lasted a very long time... my only suggestion is to perhaps ice the forearms, even if they're only sore, for 20 minutes to just help accelerate their re-build, when you get home. Also, I'd try to ergonomically use your keyboard for a week or so, just to prevent any kind of awkward wrist flexion you may use when typing.  I'm just being cautious here and helping you possibly avoid the 1 or 2% chance of this. Just be a bit cautious when you get home over the next week or so. It could potentially save you several weeks or months of annoyance.

Thanks @JetFan1983 It's all good this morning, just a good workout after weeks of not swinging. They were fine this morning and nothing in the elbows so it's all good. I'm just a *****. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Thanks @JetFan1983

It's all good this morning, just a good workout after weeks of not swinging. They were fine this morning and nothing in the elbows so it's all good. I'm just a *****.

Hey Jason it was great meeting you this weekend. I am glad you enjoyed your time there. Its an awesome facility with great people running it. :beer: .

Keep up the good work man!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

And...where's the vid's of your visit...???

He'll be home around 11:30pm or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
It's already 2:42 am, oh wait that's KSA time... Fine I'll wait! But it better be good!!!! Hahaha

I expect he'll say hi to his family and go to bed.

He did lots of good work, and we now know definitively that the lack of a FO view was important. :) Fortunately it's now spring.

Nearly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sorry for the wait guys. My Mac book crashed and I'm waiting for the applebots at the Mac store to heal it. In the meantime here's a picture of me with one of our old friends.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 2924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!