IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

10 minutes on the elliptical - 3 sets of 15 roman twists - 3 sets of 15 trunk twist raises - 3 sets of 15 lat pull downs at 55lbs. - 3 sets of 15 forearm curls with 20lbs. - 1set of 15 lunges - 15 minutes on elliptical.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Heavy Day

DBL Russian Swings 4 x 10 (44-53s)

Squats R+L 4 x 5 (44-70)

Push Press R + L 4 x 5 (53-70)

DBL Cleans 4 x 5 (53-70)

Snatch R + L 4 x 5 (53-70)

Toes 2 Bar 4 x 10

1/4 Turkish Get Ups R + L 4 x 5 (53, 62)

Then went wake surfing with the wife and kids.

Week #9 has commenced and I kicked chest and back's ass.

I did 32 push ups on the first set, then 17 on the second. I'm ****ing proud of myself.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Been off golf lately doing P90X... sucks, but I felt like improving my fitness. Hate to say it, but I think I'm taking a break from golf for a bit. I played today and played well, which was great, but jeez, I just have this itch to do an intense round of P90X. It's hard for me to do both because my joints don't like me when I do...

Stinks but I may be taking a hiatus for the sake of improving my health and well-being. P90X has been a lot of fun though, don't get me wrong. Great program. This will be my third round (did two rounds in 2010).

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So, the past few weeks I've been doing the following:

5AM: normal weighs/abs/cardio workout (typically 1-2 miles on the treadmill).

4-5PM: sprint/cardio outdoors on a dirt track in 90-105 degree weather.

6-8PM (or so): 50-100 golf balls at the driving range.

I've been doing all three about 4 times per week.  I only plan on doing this a few more weeks or as long as my body feels capable.  Today on the track I plan on running four 400s in roughly 70 seconds each.  Other days I've done 100s (10), 200s (8) or a mixture of sprints (2x400s + 4x200s).

When I left for Vegas last weekend I was 168.8 lbs, which is the lightest I've been since I had a workout for the San Jose Sabercats coaching staff.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Did Legs and Back, ARX, then some creatine post-workout yesterday evening. Sore today.

Feeling stronger though. I've lost 4.5 pounds in 8 days eating at about 2000-2400 calories per day. No cheating. Only healthy choices.

So far so good with my plan. Heading to the fish market now before it closes.

Constantine

today was an off day for me as I have a work deadline tomorrow (er, end of day today) and am pulling an 'almost' allnighter.

I've been doing a mix of exercises beginning two weeks ago. The daily routine translates to about 45-60 minutes.  Mix of cardio, strength (free weights and isometrics), aerobics and yoga; every muscle group is being targeted.  I'm more or less refining a routine as I go along.

It's going to be uphill for awhile due to inactivity the last 3 years that ending with a wicked illness that doctors finally determined was a probable viral infection last winter through spring - it was a wake-up call kick in the pants From spring until recently though there has been lots of walking - about all I could do for awhile. EDIT: and diet.  I've given up all fast food, soda and sugars, and for the last 3 months trying to be a vegetarian.  I will occasionally eat fish or poultry on the weekend.  Can't believe how much my tastes have changed

switching from right to lefty so: 

tinkering with a plethora of equipment and brands; I now feel like its all about mechanics and less equipment- stay tuned

Arms and Shoulders, ARX, creatine, dextrose, then sitting on my ass eating food that's good for me but doesn't taste good. Weeeeeeeeeee.

Constantine

Fought a bought of food poisoning over the weekend, so had to take it easy.  Monday did some light back work, Tuesday felt a little better and did some leg power exercises.  Superset front squats with 225 + 150lb goblet squats.  Felt like throwing up a bit and kind of got light-headed.  Didn't bring a change of shorts, so I had to back off.  Way too soon...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I have an incisional hernia so i have to take it easy.  but i can not just NOT workout so her's my routine that i do, all exercises are 3x15

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Flat bench press

Incline bench

Standing shoulder press

lat raises

Lat Pulldowns

One arm cable rows

Tricep pulldowns

Alternating hammer Curls

Leg Extensions

Leg Curls

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Advanced Tae Bo

Sunday: OFF

My wife laughs at me when I do the Tae Bo but it really is a great cardio workout!

Originally Posted by Logan Gabriel

I have an incisional hernia so i have to take it easy.  but i can not just NOT workout so her's my routine that i do, all exercises are 3x15

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Flat bench press

Incline bench

Standing shoulder press

lat raises

Lat Pulldowns

One arm cable rows

Tricep pulldowns

Alternating hammer Curls

Leg Extensions

Leg Curls

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Advanced Tae Bo

Sunday: OFF

My wife laughs at me when I do the Tae Bo but it really is a great cardio workout!

I assume those exercises are split up between those three days?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Originally Posted by Logan Gabriel

Yes, i should have specified,  sorry.  i do chest and triceps on Monday, back and Biceps on Wednesday, and Shoulders and legs on Friday.

I was just curious.  I know some people like the full body circuits and I wanted to see how your recovery was doing that with little rest days in between.  I see guys at my gym week in and week out doing the exact same work every time they are in there.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Originally Posted by TN94z

I was just curious.  I know some people like the full body circuits and I wanted to see how your recovery was doing that with little rest days in between.  I see guys at my gym week in and week out doing the exact same work every time they are in there.

When I started working out again after injuries I tried the full body thing 3 times a week but found that I didn't like it.  Instead of being sore in one place for a day or two i was sore all over.  Needless to say that was bad!  So doing a split helps, and also the Tae Bo really stretches me out so I'm not stiff.  I used to be a powerlifter and pushing up huge weight was great when I waqs younger but now not so great.  i also think doing a powerlifters split for so long got me into the habit of doing a split lifting routine.  Plus, the day recovery time in between workouts is perfect since i don't lift nearly as heavy as i used to.

• 1 month later...

Morning:

30 min spin bike

4 sets leg extensions

3 sets leg presses

3 sets calf raises

50 sit ups

3 sets aerobic step jumps with 10 lb dumbells

power walk 5 miles, not like a dork just fast at 4 mph

Evening:

20 minutes spin bike

And just for fun I'll hit 100 balls at ramshackle basement "range" and roll putts for 15-20 min on my 18' BirdieBall putting green.

Dave :-)

30 min on the bike (appx 9 miles) ... weights (Shoulders & abs day) ... 20 min eliptical (I went on it ... doesnt mean I can spell it? Or maybe I can?)