Your Workout Today

iacas

W.O.D.

"Frandy"

21-15-9

Thrusters (135 lbs)

Pullups

Then:

75 Ground To Overhead (However you get it there with 135 lbs)

It sucked...its over...I was sore before I even walked out of the room...keep it movin and get ready for tomorrow!

I haven't been hitting the weights much lately.  I am in a weight loss contest and with me just starting back lifting, I hold some water which makes my weight go up.  Not to mention, it's kind of hard to lift and not put on some muscle which also affects my weight.  Long term would be fine, but right now, I don't need the extra pounds added on.

I am really just happy to be running again. It seems that my knee is doing alright.  I started the c25k a few weeks ago to keep myself from over doing it and it has worked out nicely.  I am on week 4 day 2 now.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't been hitting the weights much lately.  I am in a weight loss contest and with me just starting back lifting, I hold some water which makes my weight go up.  Not to mention, it's kind of hard to lift and not put on some muscle which also affects my weight.  Long term would be fine, but right now, I don't need the extra pounds added on.

I am really just happy to be running again. It seems that my knee is doing alright.  I started the c25k a few weeks ago to keep myself from over doing it and it has worked out nicely.  I am on week 4 day 2 now.

Actually adding muscle raises your resting metabolism which means that if you add muscle your body will actually burn more. Doing excess cardio encourages the body to cannibalize it's muscle which will drag down your progress. If you are in a weigh loss contest you should still at least try to maintain the muscle you have. Losing weight very quickly is never a good idea though because your body is more than likely eating it's muscle since it is easier to breakdown than fat is.

A pound of fat is about 3600 calories so you would have to work extremely hard just to burn off a pound of fat per day. It would take probably 4 hours of cardio minimum to do that and that is without eating anything.  Never sacrifice your muscle mass to lose weight.

Actually adding muscle raises your resting metabolism which means that if you add muscle your body will actually burn more. Doing excess cardio encourages the body to cannibalize it's muscle which will drag down your progress. If you are in a weigh loss contest you should still at least try to maintain the muscle you have. Losing weight very quickly is never a good idea though because your body is more than likely eating it's muscle since it is easier to breakdown than fat is.

A pound of fat is about 3600 calories so you would have to work extremely hard just to burn off a pound of fat per day. It would take probably 4 hours of cardio minimum to do that and that is without eating anything.  Never sacrifice your muscle mass to lose weight.

Not in the first few weeks back to lifting after a layoff.  Building muscle will add weight until you reach your level to where it actually starts to help burn. You hold water as well.  Yeah, I know all of this stuff.  I am losing 1.5-2lbs per week so far.  Diet is key there regardless of training. I don't rely on cardio or necessarily burning a certain amount of calories to lose. I just run because I enjoy it.  I lose the weight through diet regardless of the training.  I've been doing it for quite a while. If I've had a layoff from lifting for a while and come back, I will weigh heavier weekly after lifting for the first...ehh...month or so.  Then it seems to not bother me so much.

I don't do excess cardio.  I generally don't run or walk over 45 minutes. Usually you are pretty good to go on 5k distance.  It's the longer state cardio that hurts muscle.I can maintain muscle no problem.  You are right, losing weight very quickly is not a good idea NORMALLY!!!  But for 1000.00 to the winner, I will do whatever it takes for 10 weeks...haha!  I can put the muscle back easy.  As a matter of fact, my game plan for this contest (and this is just for the contest) was losing a max of 2lbs a week, not counting water weight.  Then the day before the final weigh in, I will do a semi weight cut somewhat to how the mma fighters do.  A few salt baths, and some sauna work and then weigh in.

Now with that being said, I do normally lift while doing this but usually at higher rep ranges...basically just getting in some work without getting heavy.

Good info though

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Had to do each exercise for at least 50 seconds.  After the 50 second time a coin was flipped and I had to guess heads or tails, if I guessed right I got to move on to the next exercise, if not then had to do it again for 40 seconds, guessed wrong again had to do it for 30 seconds and so on.  I didn't have a lucky day :~(

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

40 mins of Yoga, 40 mins of lifting, 5 miles on the stationary bike w/ medium resistance. Feels good...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

15 minute cardio workout, 5 minutes of face pace walking on incline, 4 minutes of running, 1 minute full out sprint, 5 minutes of walking

This is my upper body workout, I usually do everything with 25-30 lb dumbbell 8-10 reps each. Do not stop to rest between sets, this is meant to wear you down. I do the ab work between two sets of these, sometimes three sets if I have time.

Decline Bench Press

Bent-Over Row

Bench Press

Incline Lying row

Incline Bench Press

Shoulder Press

Dumbbell Curls

Cable Triceps Extensions

Lat Pull Downs

ab work

Bent V-ups 30

Bicycles 20 each direction

Crunches 30

Leg Lifts 20

heal taps (hold a crunch position, and move side to side tap your left and right heal or ankle) 20

RKC Plank 1 minute

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...

Round 1 - 3, only stopping for a 2-3 minutes after each round

Dumbbell Bench Press

Dumbbell bent over row

Dumbbell shoulder press

Lat Pulldown

Jump Squats

Lunges

Back Extensions

Mountain Climbers

RKC Plank

Abs

V-Ups

Bicycles

Bicycle crunches

Leg Lifts on Workout Bench

RKC Plank

Basically 30 minutes of non stop fun

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Been awhile since I posted, still losing weight, inches and staying motivated :-)

120 kb swings

20 goblet squats

50 air squats

25 pushups

20 myotatic crunches

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Did the full Legs and Back workout (P90X).  It's been over a year since I've done this one and have been sorely neglecting legs lately.

I should really be feeling this one in about 2 days.

Back this week with better nutrition and more intense workouts.  6 days a week.  I've been down this road before, and I like the results.

Bill - 

Time to get back to business. Winter is a good time for me to hit it hard without the distraction of golf and summer social activities.

30 minute spin

bench press 4x8

chest fly 3x10

lat pulldown 4x10

pushup 50

Just got back from walking to get my lunch, total of 32 blocks. I don't wear my pedometer anymore so not sure how far it is. Later I'll spin some more.

Dave :-)

25 minutes on the tredmill. I tend to do random assortment of cardio, usually some sort of Interval Training. Today was a mix of run walk, then walk fast on incline, then job on an incline (12%), intermixed with moderate walk on a lower incline (6%)

Ab workout

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Nothing for the last 2 weeks since my shoulder was cut into for rotator cuff issues. Bone spur removed and found a tendon completely detached and folded back on itself. All repaired now, but have a long way to go for healing. Monday will be getting on stationary recumbant bike for at least an hour and continue that till I can do more. Right now therapy is just for range of motion, does not count as workout in my opinion.

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

seated row 4x8

lat pulldown 4x8

push up 100

ball slam 4x10

sit up 50

medicine ball side throw w\ partner not sure how many, we do it a few times alternating side until we get tired.

30 minute spin

walk 4 miles during the day, getting ready to head out.

Dave :-)