IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Tweaked my back a couple weeks and aggravated it again this Monday. So I've just been doing a lot of core stability exercises (plank, dying bug, bear crawl) to fix it. My workouts have just been pull-ups, presses, push-ups and bench press because I can't do any deadlifts, squats or swings. I might start swimming until I can get back doing my kettlebell cardio workouts.

Starting to gain a little weight because I haven't been able to workout with the same intensity and haven't changed how much I eat. Gotta start to diet, especially with the Newport Cup coming up where we'll be eating out a lot.

This was posted by one of the fitness guys I follow, good reminder for me on what "full" should be.

Quote:
You should eat only until you are about 80% full and put your fork down between every bite.
You should be a little hungry, but never "hangry". I like, and would suggest, being slightly underfed throughout the morning and afternoon, eating lightly here and there, and then filling up, but not "stuffing" yourself at night. Again, 80% full.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was time to hit my shoulders and biceps hard, just to let them know the week isn't done yet! Arnold Press: 5 x 10 x 22.5lbs Standing DB Press: 15 x 22.5lbs, 12 x 27.5lbs, 10 x 32.5lbs, 8 x 38.5lbs, 6 x 44.5lbs DB Shrugs: 5 x 10 x 44.5lbs Superset: x 3 -DB Lat Raises: 10 x 22.5lbs -DB Front Raises: 10 x 22.5lbs Concentration Curls: 5 x 10 x 22.5lbs Hammer Curls: 15 x 22.5lbs, 12 x 27.5lbs, 10 x 32.5lbs, 8 x 38.5lbs, 6 x 44.5lbs, 115 (yes, 115) x 16.5lbs I've also been looking at my diet lately. As a student it is quite tough, but I'm maximizing my protein intake (100-140g daily) and trying to keep carbs to a minimum. I'm steadily losing bodyfat and gaining lean muscle.

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

5 sets of 10 push-ups 5 sets of 20 sit-ups 5 sets of 10 squats I considered doing a max out for each, but it's still early and I'm a weakling.. I'm hoping by the end of week 2 or 3 when I bump the sets to 6 and 7 I will be able to handle maxing out better and that's really how I will measure my progress going forward.. I hope if I can stick to a routine this will help getting me into doing a little more, and living a much healthier life style.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

50 push ups

30 pull ups

2:50 minute plank

25 Hip bridge lat pull downs

Mike McLoughlin

Sorry I do not remember the names, but used my new kettlebell (35 lbs) 4 sets of 15 reps swing 4 sets of the (as many as could do) clean(?) each arm. (Right side I can do 10+, left side I am lucky to do 4-5) pushup and setup in between those I am trying to introduce more strength, rather than just running, and light dumbbells curls. Also if you want swing a club fast ... pick up a club after lifting the kettlebells ... it feels like nothing!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Did a light upper body session today. My elbow isn't in shape to go heavy after this week, still needs to recover. DB Bench: 2 x 10 x 33.5lbs, 2 x 8 x 38.5lbs, 2 x 6 x 44.5lbs DB Flyes: 3 x 10 x 27.5lbs DB Overhead Extensions: 2 x 15 x 27.5lbs, 2 x 12 x 33.5lbs, 2 x 10 x 38.5lbs Tricep Dips: 3 x 10 One-arm DB Rows: 3 x 10 x 44.5lbs Hammer Curls: 3 x 10 x 27.5lbs

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°

Light leg workout with a bit of shoulders in the mix. DB Split Squats: 3 x 8 x 27.5lbs DB Lunges: 3 x 8 x 27.5lbs DB Squats: 3 x 8 x 38.5lbs DB Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 x 8 x 38.5lbs DB Calf Raises: 3 x 25 x 38.5lbs DB Shrugs: 3 x 10 x 38.5lbs DB External Rotations: 3 x 10 x 10lbs

Tweaked my back a couple weeks and aggravated it again this Monday. So I've just been doing a lot of core stability exercises (plank, dying bug, bear crawl) to fix it. My workouts have just been pull-ups, presses, push-ups and bench press because I can't do any deadlifts, squats or swings. I might start swimming until I can get back doing my kettlebell cardio workouts.

Starting to gain a little weight because I haven't been able to workout with the same intensity and haven't changed how much I eat. Gotta start to diet, especially with the Newport Cup coming up where we'll be eating out a lot.

This was posted by one of the fitness guys I follow, good reminder for me on what "full" should be.

One more week taking a break from heavy lifting. Back is feeling great but my chiro said the moment it feels good again is when it's at it's more vulnerable. So more push-up and pull up workouts with my hip flexor stretching and glute drills.

Mike McLoughlin

Swimming for 30 mins and 5 mile walk. (Although nachos and half a Snickers weren't ideal.)

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Short arms session today. Overhead Tricep Extensions: 2 x 10 x 38.5lbs, 2 x 10 x 44lbs, 10 x 49.5lbs Tricep Dips: 5 x 10 Tricep Kickbacks: 3 x 10 x 33lbs DB Curls: 3 x 10 x 33lbs Explosive Pushups: 3 x 10

First day back exercising with a weight and the back felt fine. Went light though.

- 100 KB swings 20 kg

- 50 pull-ups

-50 push-ups

- 50 goblet squats 20kg

What are the names of the ab workouts one does on these two pieces of equipment?

Mike McLoughlin

First day back also after a slight back tweak. Attribute it to hitting a large bucket the day before. My break was two and a half weeks. Mostly just too busy

and not because of the back. Going to try and be more consistent AGAIN.

Did workout split A of my HIT workout

Squat

Bench

Row

Neck flexsion

Neck extension

Torso rotation with legs straight

Super Gripper

Doug