IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

12 minutes ago, JCrane said:

Actually the walking does count, but you could enhance that by carrying your clubs overhead, jogging in-between holes, and doing jumping jacks when you sink a put .Β 

Not gonna lie, the most I do is use a pull cart and walk.Β  Hopefully will get back to my normal exercise routine which consisted of me walking around 5 to 10 km daily and attempting to control my diet.Β  Need to start using the gym and doing exercise other than walking, but not sure if and when that will happen

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Earlier this morning, not including "warm up" sets:

Squats at 3x5x125 (moved up weight because I had done 3x8x115 last time)

Press;Β  wanted to do 3x8x75 but on the second set, I only got to seven.Β  So 75 lbs it will be for press again next time (tentatively scheduled for Sunday).

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

12 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Not gonna lie, the most I do is use a pull cart and walk.Β  Hopefully will get back to my normal exercise routine which consisted of me walking around 5 to 10 km daily and attempting to control my diet.Β  Need to start using the gym and doing exercise other than walking, but not sure if and when that will happen

Walking is the best form of exercise

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JCrane said:

Walking is the best form of exercise

You might be glad to know I do this quite a bit.Β  I don't just mean "I walk when I play golf" (although given the choice, I'll walk and not ride), but recreational walking and biking.Β  Just yesterday, I walked... I think 13 miles, give or take.Β  My phone was fully charged when I left my house, but between listening to podcasts via bluetooth headset and using UA's "MapMyWalk" app, I had about 25% power left after 11.5 miles, so I stopped tracking mileage.Β  I was about two miles from my house at the time and got back with about 12% power.Β Β 

(So now, I'm going through some old powerbanks, most of which have former employer's logos on them [they were gifts / handouts, not employer property in case anyone reading this is wondering], trying to find one that still works so next time, I can track the full walk... and walk a bit more)

All this exercise the past 7-8 weeks might be why I'm down 10 pounds since mid-June.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

21 hours ago, JCrane said:

I have been crucifiedΒ Β on this forum for illustrating them, so now I only post to older golfers because the young ones only believe in weights.Β 

Where has this happened? I don’t recall anyone doing this. I do mobility exercises as part of my workout regime.Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, Shindig said:

You might be glad to know I do this quite a bit.Β  I don't just mean "I walk when I play golf" (although given the choice, I'll walk and not ride), but recreational walking and biking.Β  Just yesterday, I walked... I think 13 miles, give or take.Β  My phone was fully charged when I left my house, but between listening to podcasts via bluetooth headset and using UA's "MapMyWalk" app, I had about 25% power left after 11.5 miles, so I stopped tracking mileage.Β  I was about two miles from my house at the time and got back with about 12% power.Β Β 

(So now, I'm going through some old powerbanks, most of which have former employer's logos on them [they were gifts / handouts, not employer property in case anyone reading this is wondering], trying to find one that still works so next time, I can track the full walk... and walk a bit more)

All this exercise the past 7-8 weeks might be why I'm down 10 pounds since mid-June.

Very good, you are setting a great example of someone who benefits from low impact exercise and walking is the best.

It is especially helpful to walk on grass instead of pavement. Since there is give in the ground thisΒ Β works more of the muscles in the feet. Walter Payton, the great running back said he ran hills and mountains as part of his training because it best simulated what his muscles would experience on the football field. He attributed that to less injuries to his body.Β 

On 8/7/2021 at 8:48 AM, JCrane said:

It is especially helpful to walk on grass instead of pavement. Since there is give in the ground thisΒ Β works more of the muscles in the feet. Walter Payton, the great running back said he ran hills and mountains as part of his training because it best simulated what his muscles would experience on the football field. He attributed that to less injuries to his body.Β 

I thought Sweetness liked to dance.Β  At least, that's what the song said. ;-)Β 

I'm not sure where I'd go to run on grass;Β  there's plenty of places to take a long walk on dirt or artificial surfaces around here, but I don't see anywhere to take a long walk on grass.Β  But there are some parks, I'll aim to walk through the grass next time I'm at those.Β  Or maybe I can go run windsprints at a nearby football field, I haven't had to do those in a while.

As for this morning's weights, I managed deadlift 205 (5 reps) after trying to bench 3x7x125, but on the third set, I only got to six.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

This is my third day in a row getting on the new bike and going out for about 45 minutes around the neighborhood. It amazes me how many hills I could go up as a kid and not feelΒ it. Now every hill is a burn!Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

12 hours ago, saevel25 said:

This is my third day in a row getting on the new bike and going out for about 45 minutes around the neighborhood. It amazes me how many hills I could go up as a kid and not feelΒ it. Now every hill is a burn!Β 

yes, it is amazing how many other things we did not feel as a kid that we feel now. It is like discovering things we never knew we had

5 minutes ago, MatP said:

I've just started doing Yoga.... it's made a huge difference to my game ... just don't go out for 18 when you've just finished a class ... lol.Β 

It sure does . It is a lot harder then people think. I have been doing it and teaching it for 23 years.Β 

3 minutes ago, JCrane said:

It sure does . It is a lot harder then people think. I have been doing it and teaching it for 23 years.Β 

I enjoy it as well and have probably been doing it for 25+ years. Many of the stretches and positions are similar to the warm ups we did in gymnastics when I was young. I also combine some of the rehab exercises I got from my PTs after my shoulder and knee surgeries. They all seem to focus on doing the proper movements and active and staticΒ stretching/exercise just as yoga does.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I enjoy it as well and have probably been doing it for 25+ years. Many of the stretches and positions are similar to the warm ups we did in gymnastics when I was young. I also combine some of the rehab exercises I got from my PTs after my shoulder and knee surgeries. They all seem to focus on doing the proper movements and active and staticΒ stretching/exercise just as yoga does.

It did not get to be 5000 years old by not working. Gymnastics and PT use a lot of the same principles. If you are doing some flow, then you are helping your golf game because it keeps the muscles working together as a unit, dynamically. Keep up the good work.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JCrane said:

It did not get to be 5000 years old by not working. Gymnastics and PT use a lot of the same principles. If you are doing some flow, then you are helping your golf game because it keeps the muscles working together as a unit, dynamically. Keep up the good work.Β 

It’s pretty much all flow. I’ve put together a routine from moves I’ve learned over the years. I like flow the most because I can focus on different areas I as go.Β I also focus on the breathing a lot, which both the gymnastics and PT emphasized.Β 

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It’s pretty much all flow. I’ve put together a routine from moves I’ve learned over the years. I like flow the most because I can focus on different areas I as go.Β I also focus on the breathing a lot, which both the gymnastics and PT emphasized.Β 

You hit upon another great point, the breathing. Nothing is taken for granted more than the breathing. I have a video of an interview with Aaron Rodgers of the Packers. It was taken after the Dallas Cowboys game a few years ago, when he led a drive in the playoffs to beat the Cowboys in the closing seconds.Β 

He was asked what he was thinking about as he waited on the sidelines to go back on the field for that last drive. He replied " I was not thinking about anything. I was listening to my breath. I wanted to make sure it was smooth and easy so I would remain calm and relaxed.Β  Arron does Yoga.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

After seeing the driver distance average from yesterday, I couldn't wait to get back to training today.Β  Last night, I went on a 17 mile bike ride, including climbing a hill I had never successfully climbed before on my bike -- last night was my first time going up it without having to stop and walk.Β  Then this afternoon, back to the weights.Β  3x6x125 squats, 3x5x80 press (last set was at 7 reps), but capped out at 3 reps at 205 for deadlift (despite having done 5 earlier in the week).Β  I did two sets of three for that.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

On 8/9/2021 at 12:02 PM, MatP said:

I've just started doing Yoga.... it's made a huge difference to my game ... just don't go out for 18 when you've just finished a class ... lol.Β 

Interesting, how so? (Genuinely interested)

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;Β  Β  Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

12 hours ago, mohearn said:

Β 

12 hours ago, mohearn said:

what comment are you referring to ?

2 minutes ago, JCrane said:

Β 

what comment are you referring to ?

never mind I see . It was mat P