IGNORED

Will my significant other appreciate the significance of yet another set of irons?

Note: This thread is 4539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pay without using CC.  What wife would notice whether you had 3, 4 or 5 sets. Sell one when you get new one and if she knows the brands....yikes.

Okay, so here's what happened. The seller originally caught my eye with his Cleveland Byron Nelsons in mint condition. Then I noticed the Mizuno MS-11s. I've had my eyes on a full set of MS-11s (to match my North American released MP-11 2-P with DGS300). I was bidding on the MS-11s (3-P) with PX-6.0 shafts. I set a personal limit of $99. Another buyer (or two) nipped my final bid of $110. I didn't buy any irons. I wanted to and even tried to, but it wasn't in the cards.

Today we (my wife and I) upgraded my daughter's car seats as planned, since she's growing taller but not getting heavier. Her friends are all in booster seats, but she still only 35-36 pounds (can't switch until 40 lbs in Canada). The seats we have (one for each car) are still good for someone shorter and wider, but not her. We were able to get the better version with the extra $100. A new backpack with cooler pocket to replace my son's diaper bag with pooched zippers and 2 cars seats later ($520) I'm glad those irons aren't on their way here. As a dad, I'm trying. As a club ho, I'm a failure   :  {

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Today we (my wife and I) upgraded my daughter's car seats as planned, since she's growing taller but not getting heavier. Her friends are all in booster seats, but she still only 35-36 pounds (can't switch until 40 lbs in Canada). The seats we have (one for each car) are still good for someone shorter and wider, but not her. We were able to get the better version with the extra $100. A new backpack with cooler pocket to replace my son's diaper bag with pooched zippers and 2 cars seats later ($520) I'm glad those irons aren't on their way here. As a dad, I'm trying. As a club ho, I'm a failure   :  {

I know your pain. A couple weeks ago we shelled out ~$250 for two car seats too (and I think we got a pretty good deal, at that). Your priorities are in line. :-)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

You are buying your kids car seats and I am getting ready to buy a car for my twins, soon to be sixteen year olds to share.  It never ends!

• Upvote 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I'm going to be a dad within the next 2 weeks. You guys are cracking me up because I will be in the same exact position. The good thing is, we've already bought almost everything that we'll need (with the exception of hundreds of diapers and formula that you can never have enough of). He's good on clothes and car seats and all that though for several years.

It's going to be really funny when I'm at Golf Galaxy and point out the Mizuno JPX800's and the baby smacks me in the head like "Hey, let's focus here... I need crap-baskets!" lol. Swift kick of reality right there.

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by Spyder

I'm going to be a dad within the next 2 weeks. You guys are cracking me up because I will be in the same exact position. The good thing is, we've already bought almost everything that we'll need (with the exception of hundreds of diapers and formula that you can never have enough of). He's good on clothes and car seats and all that though for several years.

It's going to be really funny when I'm at Golf Galaxy and point out the Mizuno JPX800's and the baby smacks me in the head like "Hey, let's focus here... I need crap-baskets!" lol. Swift kick of reality right there.

Let's see...new staff bag or a diaper genie...hmmmm.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Let's see...new staff bag or a diaper genie...hmmmm.

Haha. Yep!  Titleist Vokey or Tickle me Elmo? Decisions, decisions.

You are buying your kids car seats and I am getting ready to buy a car for my twins, soon to be sixteen year olds to share.  It never ends!

Get real, old timer. You're buying two cars.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

Get real, old timer. You're buying two cars.

Great insight Stretch...it will be inevitable.  Gulp.

Originally Posted by Spyder

Not necessarily an option in Canada, unless you have a source (older cousin, whatever) only a couple years ahead. Here, anything 5 years or older that's for the car has to be replaced. Transport Canada has manufacturers put a date on the bottom of infant, toddler, and booster seats. Once you hit that date, it's gotta go. Plastic doesn't last forever and apparently car seats going through Canadian seasons are especially vulnerable. Sure they are.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

With my wife I would say I would have slim to no chance of getting new clubs into the house without her noticing, but when she was breastfeeding 24/7 I reckon I could have moved a new chick in and it would have gone unseen. Never did try though - LOL

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by the19thhole

With my wife I would say I would have slim to no chance of getting new clubs into the house without her noticing, but when she was breastfeeding 24/7 I reckon I could have moved a new chick in and it would have gone unseen. Never did try though - LOL

Try what?  The part about buying clubs, moving a new chick, or breast feeding?

Quote:

Try what?  The part about buying clubs, moving a new chick, or breast feeding?

Buying clubs obviously. LOL

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Ahhhh, but it does end. And though I have the freedom and money now I would not miss the years I spent raising my 2 kids. Frustrating at times? Yes. Short on money? You bet. But I would not trade those years for anything. Enjoy it. Golf is something you can play your whole life.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

Originally Posted by Gapwedge

Quote:

Ahhhh, but it does end. And though I have the freedom and money now I would not miss the years I spent raising my 2 kids. Frustrating at times? Yes. Short on money? You bet. But I would not trade those years for anything. Enjoy it. Golf is something you can play your whole life.

Gap, so true.  I remember trading my golf swing for a baby swing.  Well almost, but a 10 year hiatus was just broken when they started high school.  It was just yesterday that they were in car seats.

I kind of chuckle when I see these types of posts; here, or on any of the umpteen automotive forums I'm on.  I have a line in our budget for golf.  Yes, we do a monthly written budget. She has her own line in there too, for.... whatever she wants to spend it on.  If either of us wants something that is more than our "fun money" allows , it just gets written into the budget.  If this were me, they would have been bought, no need to ask for permission or forgiveness.

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

I kind of chuckle when I see these types of posts; here, or on any of the umpteen automotive forums I'm on.  I have a line in our budget for golf.  Yes, we do a monthly written budget.    She has her own line in there too, for.... whatever she wants to spend it on.  If either of us wants something that is more than our "fun money" allows, it just gets written into the budget.  If this were me, they would have been bought, no need to ask for permission or forgiveness.

We should really do a budget. Our house, both cars, and student loans are paid off so our only "debt" is utilities and future expenses. And potentially big ones like home renos, college funds, and retirement savings. My paycheque goes into my account and is split between a few bills, savings, RSP, and the rest is mine. My wife's paycheque is hers. We split up the bills based on income, and we take care of extras as they happen. Keeping my impulse buys in check is easier than renting a storage locker for my extra junk.

We used to do that (her check ~> her account, my check ~> my account), and it worked well for many years.  But when we came to the conclusion that is was "our" money, not his or hers, and combined our accounts and started following a written budget we were amazed at how much we really had 'left over' after utilities and gas and food and etc (and how much we spent on stupid crap that we couldn't account for).  I always though a budget would constrain spending..... it actually freed it up!  The budget has done more to keep my impulse buying in check than anything else... if it's not in the budget, it doesn't get bought!

Sorry, I know this is sort of on topic, but yet kind of off topic.... it's kind of a passion of ours now (we do financial counseling), so my replies to these kinds of topics tend to be more than they probably should be!

Note: This thread is 4539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!