IGNORED

Chris Johnson SUCKS

DaSportsGuy
Note: This thread is 4533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Honestly, what the hell happened? He went from arguably the best running back in the league to the worst in a matter of months. I can't even watch Titans games any more because I just cringe every time we hand him the damn ball. In the game against the Falcons right now, we're down 20-3 and he has 10 carries for 14 freakin yards. I mean c'mon! WTF!

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I argued with some guys at work at the beginning of the year about how Johnson was worth all that money he held out for. Man, do I really regret thinking and saying that! What a joke he has turned out to be!  I can't sit and watch an entire game, either. I get frustrated with the Titans. I am not a fan of Hasselbeck, just seems to careless for me. Should think about putting Locker in as starter for remainder of season. Get him some more experience for next year. Just my though.

Phillip

There is 3 things I noticed when I do get to see the titans play.

1. The o-line is not as good as they've been in the past

2. Hasselback is an ok QB but he never puts up monster numbers so teams are able to key off the run. (Britt getting hurt didn't help either)

3. I haven't really seen enough of Johnson this year but I do wonder if he lost a step since he can't seem to get the edge anymore.

I know he's never had a qb that put up monster number but they had a better o-line when young and collins were starting.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

One thing is for sure...he's KILLING my fantasy team...

• Upvote 1

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

Originally Posted by DaSportsGuy

Honestly, what the hell happened?

He got paid. Money can be quite the golden carrot. Now with this bank account loaded, he looks more tentative thru the hole, often going down after first contact.

There are rumors abound about this guy. Some say that former OC Mike Heimerdinger got him out in space better with more runs and screens to the outside, and new OC Chris Palmer just hasn't figured out how to use him yet. That could be bullshit, who knows. Others say the explosion is lacking despite the fact that he's still faster than most backs in the league. He also missed all of training camp and preseason, and thus has a lack of experience in Chris Palmer's new offense, as well as probably less than ideal conditioning. Throw in the fact that every defensive coordinator makes it their first priority to stop him each week, all these things combined have likely led to his horrendous year and 3.2 yard per carry average.... and of course, the offensive line probably deserves some of the blame as well. How much, I'm not sure though.

Some say that if he continues to play horrendously, he could get cut before he's due a massive roster bonus sometime this offseason. I have no idea if there's any truth to that, but if nothing else, when the rumor broke a few weeks ago, he's since had 2 of 3 good games.

I was on the Chris Johnson train back when he was still at East Carolina, so it's very disappointing to see this from him.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty much every reason has been listed, other than the fact that running back is maybe the most fleeting position in pro sports. Danny Woodhead was great last year, this year he can hardly sniff the field. Peyton Hillis made the cover of Madden, this year John Madden could probably gain more yards per game. It's really easy to go from great to terrible at that position.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Pretty much every reason has been listed, other than the fact that running back is maybe the most fleeting position in pro sports. Danny Woodhead was great last year, this year he can hardly sniff the field. Peyton Hillis made the cover of Madden, this year John Madden could probably gain more yards per game. It's really easy to go from great to terrible at that position.

I wouldn't say that because look at the top RB's in the league they are usually solid every year until age or injury slow them down. Danny Woodhead is not a top tier RB and he was a situational down back which other teams D have figured out. He kind of took over the void that Faulk left but he wasn't as good so teams could shut him down easier. Green Ellis is the Pats top RB and puts up decent numbers every year considering it's a passing offense. Peyton Hillis is just an idiot and has made himself look very bad so if I was the Browns coach I wouldn't play him either. First he wants a ton of money but skips a game because of strep throat. Hardesty looks like he is capable of being a decent RB so Hillis and his big contract demands are going to be walking. I do see why you think it's a fleeting position but I think it's more of the amount of talent at the RB position in the NFL. Most RBs play out their contract and put up good numbers for 2 or 3 years in a row then get sent packing. They only reason is the life of an NFL RB is short so why pay a guy a huge contract when the guy on the bench behind is pretty good and costs a lot less. I mean look at the amount of 2 back teams in the NFL so paying 1 of them a huge contract is pointless since the next man up will be able to fill in with no problem. Look at the Texans they have 3 decent RB and until last year I didn't even know who Foster was just like this year with Tate. I will also say this I think Johnson huge contract is hurting the titans since Ringer has shown he can play and probably should get some more carries but doesn't because Johnson is getting paid a lot.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

O-line is so important and so undervalued, especially by the Sports media.  Without a good line and blocking scheme, even the best back will look mediocre.  Get a good line and scheme and anyone can look great.  Remember the Broncos in the 1990s?  They had a 1000+ rusher every year regardless of who it was.  It was arguably the best rushing o-line in NFL history and it was all good players and great coaching.

JetFan has a good point about the "Pay Day" as well.  Look at Ryan Fitzpatrick!  the drop off since the contract is astounding!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by robinoso

CJ has been playing better as of late.  Maybe he woke up.

All I know is Demarco Murray is a beast.  Maybe he won't fall into that trap!

He will and not because he's not good but it could easily be a Felix Jones situation. Murray gets hurt his back up steps in puts up good numbers and the Cowboys realize they don't need to pay big money to Murray.

Titans offensive line is not playing as well it did last year maybe because Hasselback isn't a threat to run like Young was so teams are forcing them to beat them with the pass.  If they thought it was all CJ they'd start Ringer.

Joe Paradiso

Not a bad start for CJ today. 4 carries for 24 yards. The Bucs D looks like a bunch of backup punters running around today.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

He just got the wind knocked out of him but came back two series later.

The Jets meanwhile continue to kill me... Please score on this drive.

Constantine

Hopefully today will get CJ going again. 23 carries for 190 yards! Bout time he busts out!

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

Note: This thread is 4533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!