IGNORED

Anyone know of any bags with plastic club compartment head ?

Note: This thread is 4649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After a year, the fabric covered compartment slots of my bag are already frayed & coming loose.   I only know of the Bagboy Revolver - love the concept of a plastic head, but don't need the rotating aspect.    Curious if anyone knows of any other bags that have a plastic club compartment head (I've searched and Googled until I gave up - seems there's gotta be somebody else out there that makes a plastic topped bag)  ?      thanks!!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

BagBoy Revolver is the only one I know of.  It's not a bad bag, but it's pretty large given the round compartment so it takes up a lot of space in cart and trunk, it's also pretty heavy.  Sun Mountain and Ogio place a mesh over the fabric which seems to provide more protection for the fabric so you might want to look at them.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

BagBoy Revolver is the only one I know of.  It's not a bad bag, but it's pretty large given the round compartment so it takes up a lot of space in cart and trunk, it's also pretty heavy.  Sun Mountain and Ogio place a mesh over the fabric which seems to provide more protection for the fabric so you might want to look at them.

I almost picked up an Ogio this summer when the course pro shop had them on clearance. I say "almost", because every single one of them had fabric problems either with the club dividers or near the handle. Never seen a SM do that - at least not that soon.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

You're right Sean, Ogio looks like it has a mesh, but it really doesn't.  Sun Mountains do have the mesh over the fabric.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I almost picked up an Ogio this summer when the course pro shop had them on clearance. I say "almost", because every single one of them had fabric problems either with the club dividers or near the handle. Never seen a SM do that - at least not that soon.

Joe Paradiso

What do you mean by "fabric problem?" On my last Titleist bag (made by Sun Mountain), the fabric over the club dividers were just attached with velcro, which came off every time I pulled out my putter. That got really annoying.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

What do you mean by "fabric problem?" On my last Titleist bag (made by Sun Mountain), the fabric over the club dividers were just attached with velcro, which came off every time I pulled out my putter. That got really annoying.

Frayed material at several seams, most notably where one material transitions to another, such as from the divider to the stuff separating clubs vertically down inside the bag. Some problems were stiching related and others were cheap fabric. I was somewhat disappointed because the designs were interesting. The only Ogio bags they had without flaws had design flaws like no place to put a water bottle or an umbrella (seriously).

I've never seen a SM labelled as such with those problems, but my new one has too much padding in the divider area and I can see this being a problem if I had tacky grips. With full cords it's not a problem since they're not as "grabby" - with each other or with the bag.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Thanks guys - based on what I see online, Sun Mountain are really nice high end bags ?

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I think(!) Sun Mountain make bags for Titleist if I'm not mistaken so they're bound to be of decent quality.

Regarding Ogio I have an Ogio Vaporlite stand bag which I've used for years without any issues at all (even fabric) and I now use an Ogio Assassin, also which has had no issues so far.

The only 'problem' as such with the Assassin is that because it's a cart base one of the rubber stand feet underneath is to the rear of the bag and it tends to turn sideways a little on my Sun Mountain Microcart. I'd therefore look into a Sun Mountain bag as my next purchase.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Sun Mountain does make bags for Titleist, but I have a Titleist 14 Stand bag and a Sun Mountain SCB Deluxe.  The SM bag has the nylon mesh over the fabric to protect it where my Titleist bag does not even though they were both close in cost.

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

I think(!) Sun Mountain make bags for Titleist if I'm not mistaken so they're bound to be of decent quality.

Joe Paradiso

Thanks guys - based on what I see online, Sun Mountain are really nice high end bags ?

IMO you can't miss with Sun Mountain bag. Quality is simply the best - price is a bit on the high side but totally justified because their bags last longer than most. The only bag I've ever seen with plastic cover is the Bag Boy revolver

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

http://www.benningtongolf.com/golf-bags/

Check out the Quiet Organizer bags (both carry and cart).

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by Fozcycle

Just get used to replacing you bag .........they did not make them to last forever......if they did, they would be out of business.

The key is finding one that is basically shot in several areas so you don't feel the need to hang onto it and fill it up with old wedges and putters. The perfect bag would have a frayed top, wonkey legs, faded fabric, and worn out shoulder strap padding all at the same time. If you haven't replaced it after 5 seasons it self destructs.

Note: This thread is 4649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!