IGNORED

Introducing Five Simple Keys®

iacas
Note: This thread is 1330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been working with James from early spring thru summer, starting on Evolvr. He is very good at explaining the concepts in different ways and is patient, too. I recently shot a career best 34 in my after work golf league and I will give him a lion's share of the credit! Thank you, Mr. Hirshfield!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by darrylc

I've been working with James from early spring thru summer, starting on Evolvr. He is very good at explaining the concepts in different ways and is patient, too. I recently shot a career best 34 in my after work golf league and I will give him a lion's share of the credit!

Thank you, Mr. Hirshfield!

Awesome Darryl. And he won't take the credit - you get to hog that all to yourself. :) You shot the score. Good job!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Check out what fellow 5 Simple Keys® golf instructor Bob Townsend and myself are up to.  Great article in the San Diego Union Tribune!  Thanks to Tod Leonard for spending time with us, he personally loves the information.  Tod recently shot his lowest score utilizing the system.

http://www.utsandiego.com/ news/2012/aug/27/page-fore- instructors-pitch-five-keys- better-swing/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by iacas

Our first list of instructors is available:

http://www.golfshopcentral.com/purestrike/instructors.aspx

I recognize a lot of the names there from the S&T; camp. Curious if those folks no longer wish to be thought of a "S&T; teachers?" If so, why the change of affiliation (if you can call it that)?

• Administrator
Originally Posted by deronsizemore

I recognize a lot of the names there from the S&T; camp. Curious if those folks no longer wish to be thought of a "S&T; teachers?" If so, why the change of affiliation (if you can call it that)?

S&T; is one swing. 5SK is every (good) swing.

I think a lot of teachers are evolving, as we always have at Golf Evolution. :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

S&T; is a pattern that fits in nicely within the 5SK system.  But there are other patterns and other ways to get it done.  Jim Furyk and Matt Kuchar may have very different swings but they both fulfill all 5 Keys (most of the time).  5SK is about prioritizing what you need to do to make your swing more efficient.

Mike McLoughlin

I wonder if there is an antithesis site to Golf Evolution, Golf Creationism?

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I wonder if there is an antithesis site to Golf Evolution, Golf Creationism?

Of course there is, it's called the Golf Channel, Golf Digest, Golf Magazine

• Upvote 4

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 years later...

Having already put a lot of time and money into this sport, key #1 has officially become my #1.

Suddenly I felt like a floating head, with my eye unwavering by the ball, my body spinning underneath me, doing what I wanted it to do without verbal direction. Some part of me was deeply relieved to not hear that inner monologue of "turn shoulders, raise arms, set, fire hips" and all that. Needless to say I was hitting good.

Just curious if anyone deeper in the rabbit hole of swinging can relate to a far less cerebral type of golf swing.

Having already put a lot of time and money into this sport, key #1 has officially become my #1.

Suddenly I felt like a floating head, with my eye unwavering by the ball, my body spinning underneath me, doing what I wanted it to do without verbal direction. Some part of me was deeply relieved to not hear that inner monologue of "turn shoulders, raise arms, set, fire hips" and all that. Needless to say I was hitting good.

Just curious if anyone deeper in the rabbit hole of swinging can relate to a far less cerebral type of golf swing.

Exactly the same I feel. And, as you are doing, I want to start all over again with the key #1. Maybe, it´s part of the process, but last tournament I played, just did 20 points. Really, really sad.

With my driver I feel that my head movement it´s what hurts me most... So today I´m going to practise drills in order to keep a steady head. Patience.

:nike:

I am still working with #1 but noticed that I have huge problem with #2 (weight stays back). Should I continue to practice #1 until I master it better or is it good idea to practice #1 and #2 at the same time?

I am still working with #1 but noticed that I have huge problem with #2 (weight stays back). Should I continue to practice #1 until I master it better or is it good idea to practice #1 and #2 at the same time?

Key 1 can lead to Key 2.  I would concentrate on getting Key 1 straightened out for a couple of weeks and post your progress in your My Swing thread.  Then when you've steadied that, key 2 work will be easier.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

Check out what fellow 5 Simple Keys® golf instructor Bob Townsend and myself are up to.  Great article in the San Diego Union Tribune!  Thanks to Tod Leonard for spending time with us, he personally loves the information.  Tod recently shot his lowest score utilizing the system.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/aug/27/page-fore-instructors-pitch-five-keys-better-swing/

Nice article (even if it was 3 years ago).  This transition in the profession reminds me of physicians going from performing blood-letting to prescribing penicillin.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, uhhhh, we're not entirely thrilled with that site but it's what "they" built for now. It doesn't even really get the Keys right (Flat Left Wrist is about the left arm/club shaft inline condition, not about an actual flat left wrist). The manual our instructors will get makes this pretty clear.

Sweet!

We're "accrediting" instructors at the end of April, and more will come in bunches after that. We're hand-picking good instructors and this system will help to make them better (as well as more cohesive with terms, understandings of some basic things, etc.). Some may be near you. Keep your eyes peeled, and look for the DVD here in a month or so as well.

Im actually not understanding the flat wrist. Any pictures to illustrate this?

• Administrator

The language was long ago updated to be "Inline Impact" for Key #3. Check out http://5sk.com/index.php/site/about and let me know if it makes more sense.

Just to add to what @iacas posted.

Mike McLoughlin

Just wanted to add this for anyone working on key #1 something I use to make sure my head is staying still. Get a make up mirror that you can place on the ground to the right of your target john above the ball, position it so your head is centered in it, as you do your back swing look at your self in the mirror and make sure your head stays in the same position. I find this really helpful for me anyways.

• 4 months later...

Golf Digest likes to send me a free magazine every once in awhile :) There was an article on 5 moves Spieth does for his downswing. Here are a few things that sound familiar ;) 

Feet: He likes that the toes of his left foot have rolled off the ground. It's a sign that his weight has moved to his left side. Key #2 :) 

Head: He likes that his head is nearly in the same position it was at address. As he puts it, "If it didn't remain pretty stable during the swing, center-face contact would be a serious challenge." 

Obviously he does Key's #1-5 extremely well. It's cool to see him actually give some advice that directly support these keys to the golf swing. 

On an off topic, he also suggest hitting up on the ball with the driver to optimize the launch angle and get maximum carry. ;) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!