IGNORED

Ryan Braun Innocent

dustin88thewind
Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It would make sense that it wouldn't affect batting average or home runs, since home runs are measured as a raw number and BA doesn't count walks as at bats... It might not make a big difference as a statistical figure, but it does come into play in the 9th inning, the only time any strategy is employed these days, as there's no way to make up an unlucky run. It also turns sluggers who can't run into high OBP players, putting them where they do the least damage. In the 9th, however, they can be replaced by faster guys who do pose a threat on the basepaths. No manager would pinch run a slugger in the 5th inning, many wouldn't unless they were sure it was his last at bat.

The lineup can be a big strategic factor in the 1st and late innings, but the middle innings are largely left alone and little strategy is employed.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me skeptical.  The writeup I read said basically that his sample was stored in a totally standard way in a fridge cause some staff wasn't able to make the shipment that night or something, but in the contract with MLBPA the sample has to be tested within something like 24 or 36 hours, and his was tested at ~48 hours.  But it was tested within the time frame that's allowed for bodies that actually care about cracking down on PEDs, like the IOC, and is within the standard operating procedure guidelines for these kinds of tests.

From what I read it looks like he almost surely was taking PEDs and got off 100% on a technicality.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

That's exactly my understanding as well.  I don't believe he ever denied taking PED's his argument was strictly about the testing process.  I haven't heard him offer to clear his name with a lie detector test or even subject himself to random testing so I guess he got away with one.

Originally Posted by mdl

Call me skeptical.  The writeup I read said basically that his sample was stored in a totally standard way in a fridge cause some staff wasn't able to make the shipment that night or something, but in the contract with MLBPA the sample has to be tested within something like 24 or 36 hours, and his was tested at ~48 hours.  But it was tested within the time frame that's allowed for bodies that actually care about cracking down on PEDs, like the IOC, and is within the standard operating procedure guidelines for these kinds of tests.

From what I read it looks like he almost surely was taking PEDs and got off 100% on a technicality.

Joe Paradiso

That's exactly my understanding as well.  I don't believe he ever denied taking PED's his argument was strictly about the testing process.  I haven't heard him offer to clear his name with a lie detector test or even subject himself to random testing so I guess he got away with one.

He said: “If I had done this intentionally or unintentionally I’d have been the first one to admit it. I truly believe this substance never entered my body.”

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He denied it. He said in his press conference. " I bet my life The substance never entered my body". Here is the transcript http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270335/34976636

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I should have done my own research instead of taking the word of local sportscasters I was listening to yesterday.  Thanks for the link.

I'm torn now, the guy is pretty adamant in that transcript that he didn't take them, so I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

He denied it. He said in his press conference. " I bet my life The substance never entered my body".

Here is the transcript

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270335/34976636

Joe Paradiso

I should have done my own research instead of taking the word of local sportscasters I was listening to yesterday.  Thanks for the link.

I'm torn now, the guy is pretty adamant in that transcript that he didn't take them, so I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Yeah but now I'm having my doubts after whatni have heard today. Apparently the package was sealed like 5 different times with tamper proof packaging in front of Braun. ...and he signed off on it. But who knows!

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Again not to be too cynical but isn't that pretty much what everyone who tests positive says? The order goes something along the lines

1) The test must be mistaken

2) The suppliment/injections I have been taking must have been tainted.

3) whoops sorry I have been cheating for the past 5 years and I feel bad about it.

2) is where the fun is. You get stories of sabatoged toothpaste, bad beef (actually this was a legit defense), I was using extenze(LaShawn Merrit), hair removal cream, too much sex or too much oral sex, and the like.

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

He denied it. He said in his press conference. " I bet my life The substance never entered my body".

Here is the transcript

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270335/34976636

"Innocent"?  Please tell me what rationale the poor courier, who didn't know whose sample it was, had to break the three seals and tamper with the specimen?  Braun's attorney said that they found him to be "suspicious".

Again not to be too cynical but isn't that pretty much what everyone who tests positive says? The order goes something along the lines

1) The test must be mistaken

2) The suppliment/injections I have been taking must have been tainted.

3) whoops sorry I have been cheating for the past 5 years and I feel bad about it.

2) is where the fun is. You get stories of sabatoged toothpaste, bad beef (actually this was a legit defense), I was using extenze(LaShawn Merrit), hair removal cream, too much sex or too much oral sex, and the like.

Oh I know. Someone else just made a statement that he never denied taking steroids and I was just letting them know that in fact Braun did deny it...which is why I provided the quote and transcript of his speech. Who knows what to believe anymore. I really don't care to be honest.

• 1 year later...
He said: “If I had done this intentionally or unintentionally I’d have been the first one to admit it. I truly believe this substance never entered my body.”

Meh. **** millionaire superstar athlete Ryan Braun for offloading his guilt onto the guy who handled the samples.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I thought he was guilty from day one and he was.   I still hate the methods used in professional sports for testing but if you break the rules you do the time.  See you next year Ryan.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by TJBam

Aaron Rodgers "bet" his salary this year that Ryan would turn out to be innocent.

If you had the money that A-Rodg does, you would too.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

What a pile of for lying about it.  But seriously, can we expect someone who is cheating to tell us the truth?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

What a pile of  for lying about it.  But seriously, can we expect someone who is cheating to tell us the truth?

Cheating is bad enough.  Lying about it just adds to the height of the pile of .

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

If you had the money that A-Rodg does, you would too.

Wrote a rant but it is irrelevant.  Speak for yourself, 4.5 mil is 4.5 mil.

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!