• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
KingG

Share your personal course pictures.

The contrast of the deep green and brown rock at those desert courses is awesome.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14th fairway(the view that makes you say "Man, I still got THAT far to go???")

P04-26-12_14-26.jpg

4th tee

P04-26-12_15-58.jpg

looking back up the 1st hole

P04-26-12_16-25.jpg

12th tee 183 yard par 3

P04-26-12_14-07.jpg

quality of picture isn't that great (cell phone) but its my home so I gotta love it!

These pictures make me wonder if I play really ugly courses.... though that might be correlated with how cheap I am.

I love the pictures, and am now inspired to take a few of my own.

I guess I should post one of my own.

Diablo Grande Ranch Course

diablo.jpg

Standing on the 10th tee

8th par 4 faaar left fairway in pic, heads out toward the hills in front

9th par 5 comes back along the left visible cart path, uphill, green is near same elevation as where I'm standing

10th par 4 goes straight out between cart paths, green is beyond small lake on left

11th par 3 along back side of lake on right, 11th green side bunkers and green right of lake.

12th tee box and first 12th fairway slightly visible heading out past 11th green on right heading out towards cloud topped hills on right.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Twisted Dunes in Egg Harbor, NJ.  Pretty awesome course.  I forget what hole this was but it was one of my favorite par 3s on the course.

I played there on friday and this hole was the scene of a crime! My buddies and I are playing WOLF this is my hole so I hit my tee shot to about 6 feet while no one else hits the green. I wolf it cause I can get some big money and we are going to the Borgata so I'd prefer to gamble with someone elses money. My one buddy is up on the dune to the right he hits a bunch of pebbles come flying out, sand is everywhere but his ball lands takes one hop checks about 4 inches from the pin. I proceed to miss my 6 footer and push the wolf so instead of being up about 50 bucks I walked away with 10 on the day.

Here are a few photos I took during a tournament this past weekend.

Temecula Creek Inn Golf Resort

http://www.temeculacreekinn.com/golf/

The Oaks - Hole 2 - Par 5 - 498yds

Photo taken from the fairway ~ 240yds out

IMG_0655.JPG

The Oaks - Hole 3 - Par 3 - 171yds

Photo taken from the tee

IMG_0656.JPG

The Stonehouse - Hole 1 - Par 5 - 505yds

Photo taken from the fairway ~ 250yds out

IMG_0657.JPG

The Stonehouse - Hole 7 - Par 4 - 351yds

Photo taken from the Green (Stonehouse in the background)

IMG_0658.JPG

The Stonehouse - hence the name - located between 7's green and 8's tee box.

IMG_0659.JPG

These pictures are beautiful. I'm in Florida, so seeing some definition in the fairways…and mountains/hills…is exciting haha. This has inspired me to take some photos of the next round I play. Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by DocPangloss

These pictures make me wonder if I play really ugly courses.... though that might be correlated with how cheap I am.

I love the pictures, and am now inspired to take a few of my own.

I feel ya.

My regular course isn't ugly but geez, it wouldn't hold up well in pictures against some of these!

I'll take some on my next round and see how they come out. I'm not lugging a camera around, as I am now a full time walker, so it's cell phone pics or nuttin!

From my phone. From the tee box, hole #3, Locust Course, Par 5, 457yards. Locust Hills Golf Club, Springfield Ohio.

3rd Hole, Par 5, 457 Yards. Locust Course, Locust Hills Golf Club, Springfield Ohio

Here are some of my home course pics..........LOL   My HC has two kinds of lies if you miss a fairway...........

Lie #1:  (if you can find it)

If it's been more than 1 day since the grass was cut:

001.jpg

Lie #2: (if you can find it)

Freshly cut grass............

040.jpg

Both lies will kick your @rse............take your pick!!  LOL  Whatever you do, do not miss the fairway!!

this is a view of lie #2 from a few feet behind the ball:

041-1.gif

This is my golf world...........LOL

Golf pics, anyone????

Typical of what to expect at my home track from the tee......#7, a 598yd uphill par5 from the tips.  The tees I played were 555yds.

031.jpg

Plan on a long forced carry on every hole over deep prairie grass.  Ya know the old saying.... "thin to win"? ....not here!!! Once you are beyond the forced carry, either side of the hole will be protected either by trees or knee/thigh high grass to catch wayward drives.

If you are lucky enough to avoid the thick rough and hit the fairway, you are in position to hit your 2nd shot over a large/deep creek with your 2nd shot to be in position to reach in 3.  If you click the photo, you can see my ball on the left side of the fairway.

So far so good....

032.jpg

Bust a 3wood 280 up the hill...you may flirt with the front edge in 2.  As crazy as it sounds, I did this on the day I brought my camera..........

033.jpg

My ball is resting in the rough just short of the greenside bunker.   Our rough is insane, and the fact that my ball is even visible is a miracle.  I think I drew the best possible lie on the entire golf course!! The best Lie possible was achieved and I took advantage by pitching that GD ball in for a 3!!!  The shot is more steeply uphill than it looks, so I never saw it drop.  All I heard was "KLANK"......I couldn't believe it so I ran up to take a look....sure enough............

035.jpg

It was in DA HOLE!   hehe...I can dig it!

I have lots of golf pics...LOL

They don't mow the rough at your course because the fairways are 90yds wide!!! :P

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Typical of what to expect at my home track from the tee......#7, a 598yd uphill par5 from the tips.  The tees I played were 555yds.

Plan on a long forced carry on every hole over deep prairie grass.  Ya know the old saying...."thin to win"?....not here!!! Once you are beyond the forced carry, either side of the hole will be protected either by trees or knee/thigh high grass to catch wayward drives.

If you are lucky enough to avoid the thick rough and hit the fairway, you are in position to hit your 2nd shot over a large/deep creek with your 2nd shot to be in position to reach in 3.  If you click the photo, you can see my ball on the left side of the fairway.

So far so good....

Bust a 3wood 280 up the hill...you may flirt with the front edge in 2.  As crazy as it sounds, I did this on the day I brought my camera..........

My ball is resting in the rough just short of the greenside bunker.   Our rough is insane, and the fact that my ball is even visible is a miracle.  I think I drew the best possible lie on the entire golf course!! The best Lie possible was achieved and I took advantage by pitching that GD ball in for a 3!!!  The shot is more steeply uphill than it looks, so I never saw it drop.  All I heard was "KLANK"......I couldn't believe it so I ran up to take a look....sure enough............

It was in DA HOLE!   hehe...I can dig it!

I have lots of golf pics...LOL