IGNORED

The 2012 Masters Discussion Thread

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by brocks

He tried to punch out, but didn't quite clear the pine straw. He asked for relief from something I couldn't see on my HDTV, didn't get it, and was furious after he hit the shot and it scooted about a hundred yards along the ground. Then he airmailed the green, flubbed the chip, and three putted from the fringe.

I think he was complaining about it being in a foot print or something. I didn't see anything that would reasonably look like something that could give him relief at all. I'm not sure why he was asking.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Past champions who won't make the cut:

Lyle
Stadler
Immelman
Woosnam
Watson
Michelson
Crenshaw

Past champions on the border line:

Palmer
Olazabal
Ogilvy
Langer
Woods - although I think he'll pull through with a 74

Originally Posted by Zeph

I don't know what scorecard he signed, but he's not disqualified.

Still shot a 75 though. Going to need three rounds in the 60's to get himself into contention.

It was an electronic glitch.

Luke signed a correct scorecard.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

Originally Posted by LobWedge

Michelson

Palmer

Ogilvy

Ryan Palmer and Geoff Ogilvy are former Masters champs?

Who is "Michelson"?

Patrick, things like this tend to be funnier when you don't make stupid mistakes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Why don't we wait with the cut line until the second round is finished? Phil is three over with two holes left. You can't count him out. If he gets his driver on line, he can shoot some low numbers out there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I was watching the end of day action on masters.com. Bubba Watson being in one of the featured groups. He has become unwatchable for me. Not that I really watched him before, but his swing is just way too awkward. On top he hit a couple of squirrely shots and the look of helplessness on his face didn't help his cause at all. I guess he finished alright though...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

I was watching the end of day action on masters.com. Bubba Watson being in one of the featured groups. He has become unwatchable for me. Not that I really watched him before, but his swing is just way too awkward. On top he hit a couple of squirrely shots and the look of helplessness on his face didn't help his cause at all. I guess he finished alright though...

His twitter and youtube videos made me a fan.  And the fact that he can crush the ball so far.

Originally Posted by brocks

LOL, there's no sound in sports that beats the crack of the bat for a solid hit. That tree got all of Rory's ball.

LOL, I know that sound all too well when I play golf :D

Its like:

Its going to make it... yes its going to make it... THUNK... damn!

Past champions who won't make the cut:

Lyle
Stadler
Immelman
Woosnam
Watson
Michelson
Crenshaw

Past champions on the border line:

Palmer
Olazabal
Ogilvy
Langer
Woods - although I think he'll pull through with a 74

It's Thursday, and everyone within 10 shots makes the cut. I don't know why I responded to this. This has to be a troll post, right?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

So everybody squeaked in a round with that weather lurking around. Not too shabby for the euros today.

I wonder if Furyk will stick around on page 1 or not.

So everybody squeaked in a round with that weather lurking around. Not too shabby for the euros today.

I wonder if Furyk will stick around on page 1 or not.

I didn't see any 5HE on the concessions list; I hope Jim brought his own.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by machiavelli

Apology if this has been asked already, but what the heck happened to Henrik Stenson? How do you make an 8 on 18? It's not the hardest hole on the course.

I asked the same question a couple of pages back. Watching the replay on ESPN now & Stenson's playing 18...he just butchered the hole. And lost his cool. Can't see him wearing a green jacket if he can't control his emotions.

My pick to win is at E, and my darkhorse is at +4. You're welcome, Tiger Woods and Jason Day. I did, however, pick Charl to finish T30, and he's T29 after one day. So there's that...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It was a little crazy first day. My hero Phil hit it all over today.

I sure hope he straightens out his driver tomorrow.

I heard Phil changed his shafts recenlty. Not sure why he would do that right before the Masters?

But I can't believe Stenson was on fire, and then the 8 on 18. That looked like something I would do. LOL

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Note: This thread is 4398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!