IGNORED

Imposter Webb Simpson here

Fake WSimpson
Note: This thread is 4406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Williamevanl,

With all due respect, you are mistaken. This is the first time I have seen those other posts about a fake me and UNC player. Other people could have made those fake posts, but I can promise you that I am who I say I am. You can ask me anything about my life to try and satisfy your doubting. Hopefully, you can understand the mixup.

God Bless

Originally Posted by WSimpson

Williamevanl,

With all due respect, you are mistaken. This is the first time I have seen those other posts about a fake me and UNC player. Other people could have made those fake posts, but I can promise you that I am who I say I am. You can ask me anything about my life to try and satisfy your doubting. Hopefully, you can understand the mixup.

God Bless

Oh geez, ok so someone else before you posted your message on this site posted a near exact comment containing your trademark 'God Bless' and pretended to be you but this is the real you and not the person that posted that on the other site... (as well as other fake characters with the same trade mark and style of name dropping, strange details and pretending to be someone else?)

I think you are done here 'Webb'.

BUSTED!! Some great research, thanks William. It was too cool to be true.

Now I was a bit sceptical when he didn't respond to the confirm your tweeter account with us.

Ahh the internets, where all the wackos go to get attention. LOL

God bless...(now go away and leave us alone) I vote for BAN him?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Williamevanl

Lol research, it's actually this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mackattack14

Some more time and we should have his real name and address, lol...

Huh? Did I miss something? Who is mackattack? Is it somebody who did this before on here?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

Huh? Did I miss something? Who is mackattack? Is it somebody who did this before on here?

Just one of the multiple personalities from the other site he has done this on. I'm not sure if that's unique enough to figure out who it actually is.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/544565-new-guy-here.html

Call me gullible.

But I think he's genuine.

And that's coming from one of the Sandtrap's top 100 skeptics.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Call me gullible.

But I think he's genuine.

And that's coming from one of the Sandtrap's top 100 skeptics.

Wait.... what? Have you read the whole thread?

This was posted first on another site:  (3/29 8:52 PM)

Hey guys, I am a new member of this forum and thought I'd let you know I signed up. My name is Webb Simpson, I am currently a member of the PGA Tour. I have a great wife and a beautiful child. I have joined Operation Sports because gaming a always been a hobby of mine. I've played NCAA football fro the Bill Walsh days and got stuck to it since I was a young child. I was born in Raliegh, NC, attended Wake Forest University, but currently live in Charlotte, NC. I have jut gotten into the Tiger Woods series the past couple of years and find it to be quite fun. (The only problem is that I'm not in the game lol). So this thread is open for nay dissuasion regarding golf, Tiger Woods 12-13, or whatever you want to ask me. I am always open to discussions with my fans. Thanks

God Bless

Then, from the same guy who was later banned from that website:

Hey guys, how are ya? I'm new here, just signed up last night. I currently an a Wide Receiver at the University of North Carolina (#86, sophomore, from Sanford, NC).(But I am a gamer at heart) We can't wait to get the season started with the new coach Larry Fedora. Even with the postseason 1 year ban, we are gonna work our butts off to put UNC in the national spotlight. The team greatly appreciates all the fan support through the good times and bad. Any of ya'll are welcomes to reply and talk about UNC football, football in general, or anything you like.

God Bless

Following getting banned on that site ^ , this guy shows up on this website with: (March 31'st)

Hey guys, I just signed up the other night and have enjoyed the site thus far. My name is Webb Simpson, I'm a player on the Tour with a wife and beautiful child. I was born in Raleigh, NC, played golf at Wake Forest, and currently live in Charlotte, NC. I found this site through a friend of mine and decided to take a look. I assume you all are golf fans and enjoy the game. Just wanted to get off on the right foot on the forum by making this thread. You can reply asking questions about golf, life on the Tour, or anything you please. So cheers to future good readings on the SandTrap and to good golf rounds ahead. Thanks

God Bless

(he says that someone else posted those other posts before his but his is real) It's clearly the same guy. I can't believe after all of that you say you think this is genuine. *mind blown*

He says the ones in bold are from an imposter and aren't him and it's coincidence maybe that he happened to word his post nearly exactly the same as the first post.

Actually "Webb" gave himself away as a phony early in his posts when someone asked him how he got the name Webb.  He replied it means nothing, his parents just liked the name.  The real Webb Simpson gave an interview to a NY Times reporter last September 13th while playing at Cog Hill.  His full name is James Frederick Webb Simpson.  He was named after his Grandfather, his mother's father, whose name was James Frederick Webb.  The name Webb definitely has meaning to him, and the phony didn't do his homework well enough.  An early April Fools joke maybe?

Originally Posted by Rudyprimo

Actually "Webb" gave himself away as a phony early in his posts when someone asked him how he got the name Webb.  He replied it means nothing, his parents just liked the name.  The real Webb Simpson gave an interview to a NY Times reporter last September 13th while playing at Cog Hill.  His full name is James Frederick Webb Simpson.  He was named after his Grandfather, his mother's father, whose name was James Frederick Webb.  The name Webb definitely has meaning to him, and the phony didn't do his homework well enough.  An early April Fools joke maybe?

Yep, that's the first thing I posted. I'm not sure that's quite as concrete as everything else but yea.

Glad we got this sorted out. Time to move on. Good job Williamevanl. 1st of April came early this year.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Williamevanl

Lol research, it's actually this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mackattack14 *maybe*

Some more time and we should have his real name and address, lol...

I won't give out the guy's email address but it's similar enough to that YouTube username that I believe you've pegged it.

Mythbusters says: Myth BUSTED! WSimpson is NOT the Webb Simpson.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So, does the real PGA player Webb have a Twitter account? I found one there who doesn't appear to be a golfer.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Webb, many thanks for taking time to reply to me. I'll try to seek out a member and hopefully get a game at QH. Maybe see you there out on the course  (I'll play thru if you are struggling....ha ha). Best wishes again for the Masters and the Fedex Cup.

I don't see what is so outlandish about a tour player joining the forum. I mean it is one of the premier golf forums out there....anyone who loves golf and has been on the internet has heard of the sand trap.

That being said,

Hippo.jpeg

• Administrator

It's not Webb. I renamed the thread and his account.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!