IGNORED

What golf companies do you like to support, and why?

Moonnerd
Note: This thread is 4318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are there some golf companies that you like to support, even to the point of being glad to pay full price?  Not because of status, but because of how they run their business, how they treat customers, how well they support their products, what the company stands for, etc.

If so, I would love to hear about them and why you appreciate them so much.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Upvote 1

I'll gladly pay full price for quality golf clubs from Japanese companies: Bridgestone, Mizuno, Miura, Gold's, Srixon, etc...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

None. I see and try a product, I like it based on its performance, not its name. My bag runs the gamut. No brand loyalty here. Actually, my bag has no name - I blacked it out - hate looking like an advert. Headcovers aren't branded either.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will stick with Mizuno irons until the day I stop playing golf. Top notch irons and I just love the feel dont think I will ever not play mizunos. But the rest of the bag I just go for whatever is working. I will switch out drivers a decent amount of time just to try and find one I have the most confidence in.

The only product that I buy based on the company's values are the Winn Hero grip.  As a disabled veteran from OIF, I give a lot of money to The Wounded Warrior Foundation, and Winn's contributions (no matter how much they are) from the sales of the Hero to Soldiers First is just another way for me to give back to my fellow wounded Soldiers.  I wish Wounded Warriors and Soldiers First was around in 2003 when I was wounded.  They have taken good care of a couple friends of mine who were wounded in combat.  Soldiers First built him 2 handicap ramps before he was released from Walter Reed and made his house more wheelchair friendly so that he could come back home with as few problems adjusting as possible.

Great charities, and the fact that Winn contributes to them makes them a winner in my book.

I also support Butch Harmon and Feherty's foundations to support wounded Soldiers, but they're not offering a product, just a service to our veterans.

• Upvote 3

Originally Posted by nevets88

None. I see and try a product, I like it based on its performance, not its name. My bag runs the gamut. No brand loyalty here.

Same.

I generally buy from callway preowned, because I had an incident where I ordered a wedge and accidently got the shaft snapped (by a car in a parking lot - don't ask) about a day after I bought it.  I emailed the story to my sales rep not expecting anything free, but just to get it replaced.  Without taking any payment details or charging me, they sent me a "new" (read: used) one.  Ever since then I've bought from them, and most of my bag is callway.  I'll be adding two x-forged wedges for my clevelands in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by johnclayton1982

I generally buy from callway preowned, because I had an incident where I ordered a wedge and accidently got the shaft snapped (by a car in a parking lot - don't ask) about a day after I bought it.  I emailed the story to my sales rep not expecting anything free, but just to get it replaced.  Without taking any payment details or charging me, they sent me a "new" (read: used) one.  Ever since then I've bought from them, and most of my bag is callway.  I'll be adding two x-forged wedges for my clevelands in the next few weeks.

All of my driver purchases have been from callawaygolfpreowned.com, no matter if they were cally or tm.  I have purchased two of each of callaway and taylormade drivers from their website, and couldn't be more happy with their process and policies.  Standard one year warranty across the board, no matter what brand you buy from them, and three day shipping to Canada to boot!  I just ordered my r9 supertri and r11 tp 3 wood from them just yesterday, as my "local" used outlet was close to double thier prices.  That doesn't mean I am loyal to Callaway though.  I'll find something I like and try it out, then head to callaway to see if I can snag it at a cheaper price.  I'll buy it from wherever has the best deal.

I am a Ping fan. I play all ping clubs except for my putter. I am from Arizona and was fit at the headquarters in Phoenix. I even got to meet John Solheim while I was there. They re-gripped all my clubs, corrected all the lofts and lies(I bought them used) and had it done in 24 hrs at a VERY low price. I have had nothing but excellent customer service. And they are just down the street from my in-laws house.  LOL

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

I like Ping a lot. I think they're making some great clubs right now. Taylormade is as well.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Originally Posted by nevets88

None. I see and try a product, I like it based on its performance, not its name. My bag runs the gamut. No brand loyalty here. Actually, my bag has no name - I blacked it out - hate looking like an advert. Headcovers aren't branded either.

We said, although I don't go so far as to remove labels.  I just don't care enough to bother.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Callaway, Ping, and Titleist.  Going back to my golf shop days in college and seeing the margins on all the golf gear...these three brands always were offering the most value (lowest margin) for the customer.  Unfortunately we also got the lowest commission on this stuff too, but I still pushed it anyway because I didn't feel right pushing someone toward a set just to make a few extra dollars.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

I support a company if they release products which I like and use and if the company looks after their customer, e.g.

Mizuno - Chosen for the look, feel and sound of the club. Everything about my MP-59's and my JPX 800 woods I adore. Also love their manufacture method and the information they share with the public.

Titleist/Srixon - Love their balls. They seem to last a fair while (durability) but also feel excellent when playing. Not had the same from other manufacturers.

Bunker Mentality - Love the style of their 'less wacky' range of clothing. I like the feel of quality clothing and tend to pt for bright colours often, however I don't like the scruffy/casual look on the golf course. BM have clothes for both of those styles. Also excellent customer service, returns policy, they're based in the UK and they have a fun attitude unlike many stuffy companies.

Ogio - I've owned two Ogio bags so far and neither has failed on me. I like the durability of the bags and the style of them.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Obviously I'm unbiased now since I do reviews for the site but I've like PING stuff.  Here's why, my Dad and his uncle started a small chain of golf retail stores in the San Francisco Bay Area and my dad got to know Karsten Solheim when they lived in Redwood city and continued to have a good relationship after they moved to AZ.  From a playing perspective, the quality control imo is the best, they get the lie/loft/length right every time (I check them) as well as the swing weights.  I like D3 and can get them D3 even though off the rack is usually D0, so important to have that consistency throughout the bag.  I also like that the irons have a unique style and the material/construction is very durable.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 4318 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!