IGNORED

What does everyone think of my set?

Note: This thread is 4378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So fir the first time in my life i have purchased brand new clubs. I have began to take golf very seriously over the past couple of years and decided now was time to get into a new set of clubs. I spent hours trying out different clubs and this is what i came out with and purchased.

Driver: Taylormade R11

Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 3 19degrees

Irons: PING i20 4-UW

Wedges: Vokey SM4 54 and 58

Putter: Never Compromise Royal - Gambler Series

I spent allot of time to get down to this set and am thus far pretty happy. Whats everyone think?

Well, obviously all high end, quality stuff. What's not to like. Nice sticks, enjoy.
  • Upvote 1

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Looks like a good set up. But realize that a 19* fairway wood is actually a 5 wood not a 3 wood.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Originally Posted by moparman426

He listed it as a Hybrid.  I read it as a 3 wood the first time I looked at his list too, as my 5w is 18 degrees, lol.

That makes more sense.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

So fir the first time in my life i have purchased brand new clubs. I have began to take golf very seriously over the past couple of years and decided now was time to get into a new set of clubs. I spent hours trying out different clubs and this is what i came out with and purchased.

I spent allot of time to get down to this set and am thus far pretty happy. Whats everyone think?

I felt like the UW was not lofted enough to be carried in my ping set.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Doesn't matter what people think if they work for you but if you want an opinion that's fine. Not used the putter. Vokeys are great. I hear good things about the Pings. Hate TaylorMade; over-branded 'fashion' sticks

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by 406bogeys

Seems like a set I could shoot some pretty good scores with (for me).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Looks good. With 13 clubs, you might look for a 3W to fill the driver-hybrid gap.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

sounds like an awesome set, ive been looking at the vokeys alot lately after reading everyones praises of em on here! congrats!

Bag:  M9 Cart Bag

Driver:  VR STR8-FIT 9.5

Wood:  SQ Sumo2 3-Wood

Irons:   Slingshot 4-PW

Wedge: 53 Degree

Putter:  TPA III

Top of the line stuff that should do the job for years to come. But if your like most of us, you will want a new toy here and there.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Feel the same about TM, but if it works for you and it lets you shoot low scores, I say you have a good set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Doesn't matter what people think if they work for you but if you want an opinion that's fine.

Not used the putter.

Vokeys are great.

I hear good things about the Pings.

Hate TaylorMade; over-branded 'fashion' sticks

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Personally, I can't stand the woods...I hate the white club heads. Irons seem decent, got a lot of great reviews, just look a bit chunky/too offset for me. Love the putter series (although not the 'Royal' Style). I have a "Straight" in my bag and its a sweet putter. But, it doesn't really matter what I think of your clubs...only thing that matters is if they work for you.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I played twice over the weekend, those two rounds being the first with the new PINGS and i really could not be happier with them. I broke 80 for the first time this spring on my second round so i really cant complain too much. I have been playing with he vokeys for about a month now and have been sticking the ball fairly close with ease ever since i got them. I'm still trying to straighten out my drives so far this season but i have got to say i still have been getting good distance even with a fade/slice. RBZ hybrid takes a few hits to get used to but it is very true and straight. I have been consistently getting about 225-230 with it so i really cant complain.

Its whatever works for you. High quality stuff should work but i think getting it fitted might be the more important part. If you just picked those out then eek but if they are what you swing best then awesome. congrats and good luck

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Note: This thread is 4378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!